Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1D4EE3CB-282D-4444-B1CD-03DE66712863.jpeg

Picking up my NF478 Red/White Model S Plaid today!! so excited.

View attachment 809080
Picking up my NF478 Red/White Model S Plaid today!! so excited.

Pics please when able!

If you are not using an extensive check list, then, Look under the bumper for scrapes. Then condensation/alignment in the tail lights, and make sure the spoiler is there and the tires are correct.

My LR car has 15 miles per the reg paperwork, be curious how many yours has...

Nope I wish it did. I don’t know why but I would love it to go flat when not in use and then tilt to me once I start the car. Unfortunately, it stays where you put it until you change it and doesn’t seem to respond to other profiles at all.
I could see them adding an update to auto-tilt/untilt the screen when passenger detected
I'm a 476, no swivel. 477's have it. Don't know the exact VIN assignment that have it installed.
476 gang! 🥳

I love my piece of *sugar* car with new lights and no swivel!

Edit: I finally understand what sugar means 🤣

Just place order for MS May 15. delivery to be Oct 2022-Mar 2023, where can I get updates on delivery date? not on my tesla page
Call your SA, or connect with Tesla Chat.

Make sure you have downloaded the app, and provided the required info, that may be why you do not see an EDD in your account.

Buckle up, it may be a wild ride!

Just place order for MS May 15. delivery to be Oct 2022-Mar 2023, where can I get updates on delivery date? not on my tesla page
All relevant and accurate delivery information will be posted in this thread. Trust me when we say that we know what we are talking about. Personally I make sure that all my posts are on topic and completely serious.

Thanks for the daily dose of RED!

After your 24 hrs are up, be curious if you have noted any items that need fixing.

Few things.
1) Updated charge port is not flush. definitely needs to be corrected and was noted at delivery.
2) sunken/recessed rear passenger side and front driver side door handles.
3) driver seat inches forward and back by a few millimeters everytime i accelerate/regen. bothers me so its my primary concern and should be an easy fix (tightened/replaced).
4) Spoiler isn’t glued correctly. flush on the left side, lifting on the right side… glue slightly visible on the lifted side - not a big deal (easy fix).

Apart from that, all panels are great. no visible panel gaps. All weather sealing is perfectly placed/installed. Cabin is astonishingly quiet. not a creek, or sound.
Way less wrinkling (if any) on the white seats. Almost all i’d seen in the past had some level of wrinkling.

All in all, quality has definitely gone up considerably since my August 2021 MSM Plaid which I sold because I wanted a Red one with the new lights.

6ACA58AC-29EF-4C62-AB4C-A3809650B23D.jpeg

Last edited:
Pics please when able!

If you are not using an extensive check list, then, Look under the bumper for scrapes. Then condensation/alignment in the tail lights, and make sure the spoiler is there and the tires are correct.

My LR car has 15 miles per the reg paperwork, be curious how many yours has...

Thank you! All of the above checked out. no issues there. Attached a few shots today :)

Paperwork did state 15 miles as well, however true mileage was 3 miles in the car itself.

Few things.
1) Updated charge port is not flush. definitely needs to be corrected and was noted at delivery.
2) sunken/recessed rear passenger side and front driver side door handles.
3) driver seat inches forward and back by a few millimeters everytime i accelerate/regen. bothers me so its my primary concern and should be an easy fix (tightened/replaced).
4) Spoiler isn’t glued correctly. flush on the left side, lifting on the right side… glue slightly visible on the lifted side - not a big deal (easy fix).

Apart from that, all panels are great. no visible panel gaps. All weather sealing is perfectly placed/installed. Cabin is astonishingly quiet. not a creek, or sound.
Way less wrinkling (if any) on the white seats. Almost all i’d seen in the past had some level of wrinkling.

All in all, quality has definitely gone up considerably since my August 2021 MSM Plaid which I sold because I wanted a Red one with the new lights.
Since you can directly compare, how are the new headlights vs old?