Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love the red calipers!
They are from TWraps. His stuff is usually spot on in terms of fitment, but I think the calipers changed sometime between the refreshes. These don't quite line up. I'll be removing them shortly. Searching for a paint option that won't cost the equivalent of a wheel or two.

It may scream Tesla, but they are performance boat anchors. ;)
How’s that? I changed to 20’ Signatures with Michelin’s and saved 35ish pounds all the way around. That made zero difference in range. Had I stayed with 21’s the weight difference would have been less and likely I would have lost range.

The Sig’s were lighter but as far as performance goes, there wasn’t a huge upgrade in performance. Not in my usage anyway. Weight is weight, and less is always better, but with a ~4800 pound car, I don’t think anyone is sacrificing much with the Arachnids.

They are from TWraps. His stuff is usually spot on in terms of fitment, but I think the calipers changed sometime between the refreshes. These don't quite line up. I'll be removing them shortly. Searching for a paint option that won't cost the equivalent of a wheel or two.
Contact him. He has a new way of doing it. Mine had alignment issue too. He sent me the new ones.

How’s that? I changed to 20’ Signatures with Michelin’s and saved 35ish pounds all the way around. That made zero difference in range. Had I stayed with 21’s the weight difference would have been less and likely I would have lost range.

The Sig’s were lighter but as far as performance goes, there wasn’t a huge upgrade in performance. Not in my usage anyway. Weight is weight, and less is always better, but with a ~4800 pound car, I don’t think anyone is sacrificing much with the Arachnids.
You’re right, their weight doesn’t influence range much at all. If you’re not on track, the unsprung mass doesn’t matter that much either for performance. However, you clearly appreciate aesthetics as your Stealth ppf and other cosmetics demonstrate. I was initially excited about the arachnids on the website renderings… then I saw them in person. The hoop inner diameter makes them look smaller, the center mono cap is cheap looking, the offset is at least 13mm too far in. Coupled with the too large fender gap, I just couldn’t justify them.

You’re right, their weight doesn’t influence range much at all. If you’re not on track, the unsprung mass doesn’t matter that much either for performance. However, you clearly appreciate aesthetics as your Stealth ppf and other cosmetics demonstrate. I was initially excited about the arachnids on the website renderings… then I saw them in person. The hoop inner diameter makes them look smaller, the center mono cap is cheap looking, the offset is at least 13mm too far in. Coupled with the too large fender gap, I just couldn’t justify them.

I am kind of the opposite. The Arachnids have grown on me. Had more open 20" wheels but like the Arachnids more. The offset looks almost perfect and there is only a gap when not in low mode. However, I say this all with an OEM bias - I like things OEM for some reason and not modified (yes, I am weird).

Order Date? RN? Mine got moved forward today as well! From Aug 18 - Oct 13 to Jul 14 - Aug 25. Range has narrowed from 56 to 42 days. Sure hope it gets delivered before Aug 31 🤞
ah sorry - ordered 5/1/2022 - RN1170! Yeah hope it gets delivered before Aug 31 cause of that luxury tax!... I actually read somewhere of someone talking to the SA and them saying Tesla knows of this luxury tax taking effect September 1 so they're trying to push for a bunch to be delivered before then...

Reactions: EndlessPlaid