Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MSP on order. Ultra Red, Black Interior, 19” wheels. Order placed 10/20. EDD today updated to “10/31 to 11/21”. I’m on the east coast.
I have an MSLR on order, from Oct. 4. My EDD just got pushed back to Nov 4 - Nov 25.
Where are you seeing these specific dates? I ordered an MSLR Red, 29, Black on Oct 20 and since that date have seen “Est. delivery Oct-Nov 2023.”

Where are you seeing these specific dates? I ordered an MSLR Red, 29, Black on Oct 20 and since that date have seen “Est. delivery Oct-Nov 2023.”
That's what mine was showing until this morning. It'll probably update soon enough.

hmm.... maybe too soon for a '24? We'll see.
Possibly. I don't really care about the model year though. Now if they add stuff like ambient lights and I miss that by a few days it'll be disappointing, but that's a risk you take with Tesla.

That's what mine was showing until this morning. It'll probably update soon enough.

Possibly. I don't really care about the model year though. Now if they add stuff like ambient lights and I miss that by a few days it'll be disappointing, but that's a risk you take with Tesla.

Said stuff could easily be added months from now.

Like updated rear trim in Jan, HW 4 in Feb of 2023.

IMO, delivery this fall is a risk worth taking as long as you avoid EoY delivery.

Last edited:
Reactions: chukieboy
I'm about 600 miles into my plaid now.

I think my original clunk clunk noises were from the J1772 adapter in the frunk flying around. Did not know they put it there... didn't try to reproduce by moving it to a spot where it would fly again though.

Did something unexpected today. I drove my wife's Expedition and hit the volume down button on the steering wheel thinking it was turn signal indicator hah. Guess I'm used to it.

Still haven't launched it with cheetah mode...

any pedal vibration at 80 mph?

Could you explain to this newbie why end-of-year delivery is bad?
Typically, a big push to get cars delivered to meet delivery numbers at EoQ and especially EoY. Quality suffers, Service centers busy for weeks after to fix delivery issues.

Delivery from now to early Dec. should be OK, but don't be afraid to reject the car if there are any issues you can't live with. Chances are, paint and alignment issues will be deemed to be "Within Spec" and won't be fixed.

Reactions: ginmqi and cwanja
Typically, a big push to get cars delivered to meet delivery numbers at EoQ and especially EoY. Quality suffers, Service centers busy for weeks after to fix delivery issues.

Delivery from now to early Dec. should be OK, but don't be afraid to reject the car if there are any issues you can't live with. Chances are, paint and alignment issues will be deemed to be "Within Spec" and won't be fixed.
That makes sense. Thank you for the detailed explanation.

Reactions: cwanja
I picked up my car about a month ago, and just took it to the tesla SC to fix a few defects. One defect is dirt nibs on the trunk. They offered to fix or provide a credit for future repairs. Unfortunately, I already had PPF installed. The nirt nibs are ~ 3 and the largest is about 2mm the other are tiny specs. Any thoughts? Not sure if my detail guy (who I have paid for two prior cars recently), who pointed it out will re ppf for free. He sort of implied that when he pointed out the dirt nibs. The tesla svc center stated that my car would look like new, and they take it to some bumper repair place, and would need to remove the ppf. Any thoughts?

Otherwise, really happy with the car, it is not perfect, but love having my FSD rolled over, and some of the other extra 'treats' that were provided.

Still getting 'P' (2023 year) in a newly assigned VIN earlier today for a Model S. Is there a clearer info on when the 'model year' switch happens? I remember my Model 3 2018 was built on 12/06/2018 ('Birthdate' in Service mode is December 6th, 2018, so I assume this is the date), delivered later the same month, BUT it had 2018 'model year' rather than 2019. What makes anyone think that this model year switch is happening faster now? Please share any datapoints that can shed some light.

Still getting 'P' (2023 year) in a newly assigned VIN earlier today for a Model S. Is there a clearer info on when the 'model year' switch happens? I remember my Model 3 2018 was built on 12/06/2018 ('Birthdate' in Service mode is December 6th, 2018, so I assume this is the date), delivered later the same month, BUT it had 2018 'model year' rather than 2019. What makes anyone think that this model year switch is happening faster now? Please share any datapoints that can shed some light.

Thanks for the info. When did you place the order?