Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• IMG_7052.jpeg
    IMG_7052.jpeg
    544.3 KB · Views: 30
I still cannot believe that there have been zero 2024 MSLR delivered this year

Same goes for MY performance?!
Just wait until the new LR EPA numbers come out... And we start start taking delivery of our 3 and 4 month old brand new cars... By then Tesla will have made more changes.. Stirring the pot here now front camera, ambient lighting....

Tesla owners are a crazy bunch 😂
It looks like Model S inventory is really climbing pretty quickly now - around 700. Going to be interesting to see how this goes because S's don't sell that fast, and I think Tesla has changes they want to make in the spring. We'll see.

1708267154016.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wait until the new LR EPA numbers come out... And we start start taking delivery of our 3 and 4 month old brand new cars... By then Tesla will have made more changes.. Stirring the pot here now front camera, ambient lighting....

Tesla owners are a crazy bunch 😂

Of course it's to be expected.

FOMO to the left, FUD on the right, here we are, stuck in the middle with Tesla.

(Apologies to Steelers Whee)😁

Reactions: BBartoli
That is a good thing. The same happened to me right before my VIN was assigned. So hopefully that is your next step as well.

After VIN assignment it still took 2 weeks for the car to be delivered but that is because I'm on the other side of the country. I was shocked to see that the car was delivered all the way from Freemont to the NY / NJ area by train so it only traveled a short distance on a car carrier.

That is a good thing. The same happened to me right before my VIN was assigned. So hopefully that is your next step as well.

After VIN assignment it still took 2 weeks for the car to be delivered but that is because I'm on the other side of the country. I was shocked to see that the car was delivered all the way from Freemont to the NY / NJ area by train so it only traveled a short distance on a car carrier.
Cool, I'll keep my fingers crossed. What spec did you go with?

Reactions: zoomer0056
Just went through all my EDDs. Here is my nightmare

Dec 23
Dec 24
Jan 5
Jan 28
Feb 1
Feb 6
Feb 16
Feb 22
Back in 2021 I waited six months to get my Feb 2022 car. That's when wait times started to be less time. Some waited more than a year. A lot has changed since then. But the anticipation and excitement is still there!

I'd be ok if they didn't string me along like this... Just tell me that I'll be waiting 4 months and I'll be fine with it
Word. I feel the same way, though I recognize that at the time they probably didn't know this was the way it would play out. I'm sure Tesla doesn't like not selling cars while factories run and inventory just climbs. Hopefully this EPA thing clears soon.

Reactions: RyanC1384
I wonder if the inventory build up due to the delay will have any temporary short term downward prices pressures?
Seems possible, but in my way of thinking not probable at least short-term. I think this period "between the growth waves" (Tesla's phrase not mine) they will be looking to maintain profitability. But if the excessive inventory persists, and they have other changes they are trying to introduce (seats, lights, etc) then you could very well be right.

Reactions: BBartoli
I'd be ok if they didn't string me along like this... Just tell me that I'll be waiting 4 months and I'll be fine with it
You can thank Tesla as well as those “gaming” the year end system with hopes of assumed options and expectations of a 24 while ordering a 23. Shipping masses of cars people opt not to take delivery on messes with Everyone’s expectations.

I feel like Tesla is not very good at prioritizing customer sold orders. For example, The exact spec I am waiting for is now sitting in Dallas with no buyer (literally just got there). If there is someone in the system in Texas that already has all paperwork done and is essentially just sitting there, why not prioritize inventory for them? When I did orders with Audi, BMW, etc. their supply chain was such that they prioritized customer sold orders over regular inventory orders to replace dealership ordered cars.

In any case, it is positive that Texas now has 2 2024 Model S plaids, and ultra red in Dallas and a white in Austin. Now they just need to send my ultra red to central Texas!

You can thank Tesla as well as those “gaming” the year end system with hopes of assumed options and expectations of a 24 while ordering a 23. Shipping masses of cars people opt not to take delivery on messes with Everyone’s expectations.
Tesla could curb a lot of that by just announcing a concrete date for the model year switchover as well as any expected changes with said switchover like every other car manufacturer.

I feel like Tesla is not very good at prioritizing customer sold orders. For example, The exact spec I am waiting for is now sitting in Dallas with no buyer (literally just got there). If there is someone in the system in Texas that already has all paperwork done and is essentially just sitting there, why not prioritize inventory for them? When I did orders with Audi, BMW, etc. their supply chain was such that they prioritized customer sold orders over regular inventory orders to replace dealership ordered cars.

In any case, it is positive that Texas now has 2 2024 Model S plaids, and ultra red in Dallas and a white in Austin. Now they just need to send my ultra red to central Texas!
Unfortunately for buyers transportation efficiency is a higher priority than order date. Shipping a Full truck to one destination with closed sales is much more efficient than shipping one car solo to “wherever” just because they were next on the list. As for the inventory car could have been a cancellation or one on hold.

Reactions: fupito
Tesla could curb a lot of that by just announcing a concrete date for the model year switchover as well as any expected changes with said switchover like every other car manufacturer.
Yup. Agreed. Those of us looking at previous years were assuming the model year changeover was going to happen mid November. Instead it was calendar year, unlike previous years.