Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had a pretty flawless delivery in December. Since then, only one minor thing has shown up: our "frunk access cover" or whatever you call that thing - has one missing clip (the white inserts), and one of the two guideposts was flattened, and immediately broke off after touching it. These aren't huge deals, and I suspect that I could probably get a white clip just by showing up at an SC and asking for one. Not sure whether I should do anything about the broken-off guidepost. It doesn't seem to have a hugely important function. For folks picking up new cars, I'd say pulling off this cover and checking its integrity isn't a crazy addition to the already long checklists. (now that I think of it, it's probably already on one of them)
View attachment 1026184View attachment 1026185
I broke 2 clips and sheared off a black post removing my front apron as well. I was changing my Tesla emblem to a black one. I’ll just order another apron with clips.

Reactions: zoomer0056
From what I've seen the lift gate alignment issue can end up being more than a cosmetic concern. If lift gate stops can't be adjusted enough the lift gate will not sit tight and you will have buffeting noise. The worst I've seen was the weekend demo car we had. I noticed it as soon we got on the freeway for the drive home. The buffeting was extreme.. It was't a fair demo that way so i adjusted the stops when I got home. One was extended so far it was at the very end of the threads. On the other side was so low the plastic trim was rubbing on the paint... The lift gate was twisted. There was just enough adjustment to tighten up the lift gate and get rid of the buffing. The car was amazingly quite after that. That car would have had to be properly fixed or just plain rejected if it was being delivered to me.

That lift gate area will be getting some serious scrutiny when we take delivery ... someday...

Tesla can build great cars because we have one those with nearly a quarter million miles. They need to have their feet held to fire more though.

Totally understand thay confusion! This was what was implied. The intent was to say that the changes would be taking place in March. This similarly occurred with the initial transition to HW4 for the Model S and X. While reported early, the changes took place just two weeks later.

Understood. I, for one, hope these changes come for new owners ASAP. While I will miss out, it’s a move in the right direction for Tesla. The front bumper cam in particular is long overdue regardless of improvements to Vision…

They deleted that part when it didn’t happen. I saw the original post. I believe it was in one of their replies.

Just responding to this, I’ve never stated that it would be March 1st, so don’t appreciate this being said. I also very rarely delete posts and notably not one that said such! In all public posts, I’ve been very clear to always state “Starting in March”. In a subsequent I was asked if it was starting tomorrow on January 29th, to which I replied “Correct”.

No exact date was ever provided to me and as such, been very careful to not say such.

Much of the posts I’ve seen in the other thread and throughout X stating “March 1st” have been from other accounts.
Yup, and I’ve been trying to defend you from the beginning for accurate record. Seems trivial, but it’s not when people’s reputations are on the line.

Understood. I, for one, hope these changes come for new owners ASAP. While I will miss out, it’s a move in the right direction for Tesla. The front bumper cam in particular is long overdue regardless of improvements to Vision…
Consistency across all models became paramount with the introduction of the Model 3! With exception to some premium offerings, anything revolving around safety and convenience is expected to eventually make their way across all offerings, bumper camera included. You should be able to get to any Tesla and have your experience remain consistent.

Software wise, they’ve been struggling a bit to keep up with the hardware changes (the full transition to Vision only was not well-rehearsed internally prior to it taking place), so customer frustrations over this are absolutely valid. This will hopefully improve going forward.

• Informative
Reactions: cwanja and nyucla
Tesla will NEVER risk missing quarterly delivery #s to implement new, unannounced features. If they make any line changes (even minor ones), it’s almost certainly because they are already confident they will hit their #s (or during the early part of the quarter).
Yeah, I can’t help but agree with you… makes perfect sense.
I had hope but don’t think it’s going to happen.

Tesla will NEVER risk missing quarterly delivery #s to implement new, unannounced features. If they make any line changes (even minor ones), it’s almost certainly because they are already confident they will hit their #s (or during the early part of the quarter).
Actually, the two most recent updates happened Feb / March of '22 and '23, so I don't know if they care about the quarterly numbers that much.

Actually, the two most recent updates happened Feb / March of '22 and '23, so I don't know if they care about the quarterly numbers that much.
Tesla announced new glass and ultra red on march 10th last year, I ordered the second I saw it, they tried calling and getting me to take an inventory vehicle before quarter end, and I kept telling them I only ordered because of ultra red. So I suppose it’s the same scenario that those who don’t care will take an end of quarter incentive and those who do care will wait it out.

While ceramic coating, found a rather large blob of touchup paint on the left rear quarter panel at the very tip where it ends above the taillight. Can't believe I didn't see it before and it was quite large. Darker than the original paint. So I got some lacquer thinner and wiped it off and low and behold, the factory paint underneath was perfect. It must have been a blob that they dropped when touching up the tiny chip I mentioned earlier on the left rear liftgate.

Was also a story on notateslaapp citing “trusted sources.” After the announcement didn’t happen, they also deleted that part and revised the article to say “early March.”
Screenshot 2024-03-10 000914.png

just confirming update.

Allow me to introduce Rubi.. 2024 S Plaid Full front PPF package, full exterior ION Ceramic Pro Coating, 5% tint all around, 35% tint windshield. 20 inch TSF Tsportsline Wheels, 285 square set Michelin Pilot Sport all season tires. RPMTESLA carbon fiber mirror caps & door handles.

Attachments

• image_0.jpeg
    image_0.jpeg
    659.2 KB · Views: 13
  • image_0.jpeg
    image_0.jpeg
    487.2 KB · Views: 14
  • image_1.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    514.1 KB · Views: 11
  • image_0.jpeg
    image_0.jpeg