Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received and tested FSD 12.3. It is definitely different and looks better.

Some specifif observations:
[+] Auto MAX speed selector is a big positive factor, especially at lower speeds. So, for instance, I have 25mph speed limit in the neighbourhood. Before that, Tesla would just use my setting (=25mph), without slowing down for parked cars, etc. In my case, it now drives around 20mph, which is more convenient.
[+] It accelerates fast when neeeded, but not too fast, which is more convenient than it was on FSD 11.
[-] It can still mislabel red traffic light for green (!). Not as bad as it sounds, though. The car stopped at RED. Then it decided it turned GREEN (it wasn’t!) and started driving, but it quickly realised it is still red and quickly stopped.
[+] Lane changes feel more natural.

So it still can fail at pretty basic stuff, but at least right now I’m more confident in letting FSD drive in minimal or moderate traffic (or traffic jam).

My new model s. Unlimited supercharging transferred. No front bumper camera or ambient lighting.

Attachments

• IMG_3300.jpeg
    IMG_3300.jpeg
    977.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Got the car and loving it. Only issues is when the car first starts, for a minute or so I can feel vibrations in the accel pedal, and some B pillar wind noise that is pretty obvious at 80+km/h, though obviously less than in Model 3s. Are these issues enough to take to service?

+ is it weird that the highland feels softer and quieter overall to me

I ordered new model s (lr, grey, white, wheel, 19inch) on march 10 and already have been assigned a Vin and it says I have until today to schedule it or they are giving it away. I know this may sound lame, but I really love the ambient lighting in cars and want to make sure I get it. I still think it’s coming, but I also want to transfer my fsd from my 3…what’s best way to play it?

Got the car and loving it. Only issues is when the car first starts, for a minute or so I can feel vibrations in the accel pedal, and some B pillar wind noise that is pretty obvious at 80+km/h, though obviously less than in Model 3s. Are these issues enough to take to service?

That vibration is a normal feature of the car Tesla didn’t inform you about.

Just received and tested FSD 12.3. It is definitely different and looks better.

Some specifif observations:
[+] Auto MAX speed selector is a big positive factor, especially at lower speeds. So, for instance, I have 25mph speed limit in the neighbourhood. Before that, Tesla would just use my setting (=25mph), without slowing down for parked cars, etc. In my case, it now drives around 20mph, which is more convenient.
[+] It accelerates fast when neeeded, but not too fast, which is more convenient than it was on FSD 11.
[-] It can still mislabel red traffic light for green (!). Not as bad as it sounds, though. The car stopped at RED. Then it decided it turned GREEN (it wasn’t!) and started driving, but it quickly realised it is still red and quickly stopped.
[+] Lane changes feel more natural.

So it still can fail at pretty basic stuff, but at least right now I’m more confident in letting FSD drive in minimal or moderate traffic (or traffic jam).
The red light mistake can be interesting. There's one by me that flickers at 60 hz, so with the 60 fps shutter, it looks like a flashing red light instead of a solid red. So, the car always comes to a stop and then goes when the road is clear! I don't know how that will ever be fixed without manual overrides.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne

The accel pedal vibrations are normal. Seems to last 60 seconds if you've gone a day without driving. It abruptly stops rather than fading away. My MXP did the exact same thing. Good thing it only lasts a short while.

Reactions: iHateWaiting
Got the text today to schedule delivery and I scheduled for Saturday, the 23rd. Ordered 3/6, VIN 3/9. LR, SG, black interior, 19".

Still waiting for MVPA from Tesla, which I need to finalize financing with my bank. I've been asking them for days to send it and they haven't. I'll keep hounding them.

No. S is a sedan + hatch back. More surface area and opportunity to move air around.