Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve googled this and could only find old answers so I’m asking here. Does Tesla give you anything when you take delivery (besides the car)? A hoodie…..supercharger miles….referral points….anything?
They used to. “Used to” being the operative phrase. In the past, I’ve received a nice leather tote, hats, t-shirt, a jacket, and assorted other swag. Those days are long gone. Nowadays you’re lucky if you get a clean car. Twice as lucky if you get one without obvious defects.

They used to. “Used to” being the operative phrase. In the past, I’ve received a nice leather tote, hats, t-shirt, a jacket, and assorted other swag. Those days are long gone. Nowadays you’re lucky if you get a clean car. Twice as lucky if you get one without obvious defects.
I wasn't lucky. At delivery my car was covered in dust and filthy on the outside. Interior was clean so I took that as a bonus. I asked if they had a car wash and they said they didn't have one.

• Funny
Reactions: aerodyne
Was laying in bed with the wife last night, configuring a new model s, going back and forth between a plaid and long range trying to decide which one to go with.

My wife looks at me and says you should get the plaid, sure it’s a bit more money but it’s what you want, I looked at her and said “you really love spending my money don’t you” ..

So from the comfort of my couch I went ahead and ordered a long range. Ultra red. Tan interior.

My gosh, I am in the exact same position! Going back and forth between the Plaid and the LR. I am also going ultra-red, cream interior w/ arachnids and a yoke. With Plaid, the interior switches to CF from the wood. I really wanted the wood and the MSLR is just as fast as my M3P; I don't need the speed. Yet, everyone will ask if I got the Plaid, and part of me thinks I would not regret it... but then 15K. Plaid will also put me on the couch. Le sigh.

Reactions: aerodyne and AMPd
My gosh, I am in the exact same position! Going back and forth between the Plaid and the LR. I am also going ultra-red, cream interior w/ arachnids and a yoke. With Plaid, the interior switches to CF from the wood. I really wanted the wood and the MSLR is just as fast as my M3P; I don't need the speed. Yet, everyone will ask if I got the Plaid, and part of me thinks I would not regret it... but then 15K. Plaid will also put me on the couch. Le sigh.
Also had the same debate. I ended up ordering the LR in ultra red. While Plaid of course commands bragging rights, one second faster to 60 compared to extra range the LR provides didn't seem worth it. If you press your foot to the floor and hold, the LR is still extremely impressive and will beat most everything else on the road. Regarding the opinions of others, no matter what you choose you will still own a Tesla Model S. Enough said...but remember the wise words of Vin Diesel: "It's not the car, it's the driver". 🤣

Reactions: TBrownTX
Also had the same debate. I ended up ordering the LR in ultra red. While Plaid of course commands bragging rights, one second faster to 60 compared to extra range the LR provides didn't seem worth it. If you press your foot to the floor and hold, the LR is still extremely impressive and will beat most everything else on the road. Regarding the opinions of others, no matter what you choose you will still own a Tesla Model S. Enough said...but remember the wise words of Vin Diesel: "It's not the car, it's the driver". 🤣
Let me rephrase that one second slower bit…

The LR is 50% slower to 60. Yeah. Hits different, doesn’t it?

Let me rephrase that one second slower bit…

The LR is 50% slower to 60. Yeah. Hits different, doesn’t it?
If 3 seconds represents 100% of the of the acceleration time it takes LR for 0-60, the plaid takes 2 seconds which is 66% of that 100%, so you gain 33% with the plaid. That hits a little less different, for me at least.

We're all friends here so it just comes down to preference. For some, the extra second is worth it. For me, range is more important than one second. You can't go wrong with either version. I'm just not in the plaid or nothing camp.

Get an LR and put a Plaid badge on it ggez

• Funny
The decision is really about the age and physical shape of the driver and if they need that crazy acceleration. I am 58 and have stenosis in my neck and back problems. My current Model S has great acceleration, and I almost never floor it because all that does is throw my neck back and wear the tires faster. Of course I like the power there when I need it to pass people or avoid an accident (I run yellows), lol. But if I was younger, healthier, and drove more aggressively, I would get the Plaid. What is $15K when you are already spending $90K? But I am currently saving up and waiting for the changes and a good incentive to get a new S LR, which will be slightly faster than mine and more range. I actually like the size of the 3 better, but my neck/back likes the suspension of the S and I can't get over not having a dash in front of me, no matter what anyone says, "You will get used to it". No, I would not, and no car has even been made without a front dash, no reason other than being cheap to do this. If 3 had a front dash and air suspension, I would be buying the performance 3.

The decision is really about the age and physical shape of the driver and if they need that crazy acceleration. I am 58 and have stenosis in my neck and back problems. My current Model S has great acceleration, and I almost never floor it because all that does is throw my neck back and wear the tires faster. Of course I like the power there when I need it to pass people or avoid an accident (I run yellows), lol. But if I was younger, healthier, and drove more aggressively, I would get the Plaid. What is $15K when you are already spending $90K? But I am currently saving up and waiting for the changes and a good incentive to get a new S LR, which will be slightly faster than mine and more range. I actually like the size of the 3 better, but my neck/back likes the suspension of the S and I can't get over not having a dash in front of me, no matter what anyone says, "You will get used to it". No, I would not, and no car has even been made without a front dash, no reason other than being cheap to do this. If 3 had a front dash and air suspension, I would be buying the performance 3.
I actually wish the S didn't have a dash display. You can't see it anyway, the wheel blocks a good portion of it. The 3 is much more open feeling and spacious with bigger glass. I had a model 3 for 3 years and S's for 5 years. It really isn't a big deal with the speed over on the main screen. Your eyes have to make a saccade anyway to look at the dash down, it takes the same amount of time to look down and right. I agree it is cost savings and being cheap...

Test drive the new highland 3, I think the suspension is as good as the model S suspension.

I actually wish the S didn't have a dash display. You can't see it anyway, the wheel blocks a good portion of it. The 3 is much more open feeling and spacious with bigger glass. I had a model 3 for 3 years and S's for 5 years. It really isn't a big deal with the speed over on the main screen. Your eyes have to make a saccade anyway to look at the dash down, it takes the same amount of time to look down and right. I agree it is cost savings and being cheap...

Test drive the new highland 3, I think the suspension is as good as the model S suspension.
I test drove the new 3, and the suspension isn't in the same league as the Model S. It positively crashes over bumps that the S soaks up much more readily.

I test drove the new 3, and the suspension isn't in the same league as the Model S. It positively crashes over bumps that the S soaks up much more readily.
Would agree with this, but they have made a ton of quality of life improvements to the 3. The suspension differential will always be there as it is one time that justifies the cost between the two.

Reactions: geminus