Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question. What is everyone’s plan for tire maintenance for 19 inch tires? My tire shop just said alignment every 6 months.
Get a 3 buck tread depth gauge, check every so often, but at least 6 months 5 k miles. If wear is even no need for an alignment.

All my tires are with in 1/32 of each other on all 4 grooves. 7 out of 9 new at 15k miles.

Other car was not aligned until well over 300k miles. Then it was never the same.

Hi all,

I just read that Tesla has reduced prices....so went to the Tesla Canada website and there is no base price reduction that I can see. However, The Advanced driving features offer has changed....which maybe is old news but:

There is no longer an option for "Advanced Autopilot". Now it just lists FSD at a price reduction from: 16,,000cdn to 11,000cdn. I believe this relates to the email announcing the end of the FSD trial:

Your trial of Full Self-Driving Capability for your Model S VIN XXXis ending on April 28, 2024.​
After this date, your car will switch to Autopilote.​
Includes
Navigate on Autopilot
Autopark
Auto Lane Change
Smart Summon
Respond to traffic lights and stop signs
Autosteer on city streets​
You can purchase FSD on your Tesla Account.​

I must admit I loved FSD...the novelty was incredible. It also did amazing on our city streets (which are terrible BTW). For me, at the new price, it is tempting, but we have severe and long winters where I live (Winnipeg) and I doubt FSD would be helpful for those months, so really put a damper on it.

Otherwise this is my first EV and I absolutely love it. I have a Plaid and ATM it it way too fast for me. Still haven't launched it yet b/c I'm afraid of the power (The feeling reminded me of the trauma I experienced as a kid riding Space Mountain). I'm working my way up to a launch by driving with a bit more spirit in sports mode.

I love the yoke, it took a bit of getting used to but now almost feels natural. I came up with a near fool proof way to use the lane indicator. For every lane change I first lightly find the mid point (AKA the little bump) then move and press the intended haptic button. Works nearly every time.

I'm currently washing the car every 2-3 days stage, collecting cleaning products, and watching detailing videos (hahaha).

I have some frequently noted issues but they don't bother me too much (few cabin rattles, shuddering at lower speed, and cabin wind noise. I purchased, but have not installed the " Wind noise reduction kit." mentioned in this thread.

Keep up the conversation...I have learned a lot from this forum.

Last edited:
I don't get this, reducing the price by 2K.... but not investing in better build quality, USS, front cam, ambient, massage seats... Tesla you are in the wrong path (to me)
They should also make the Yoke free just like the steering wheel and your choice of color free too.

The software updates coming out look nice, but still amazes me that not one update ever on the refresh models to drivers infotainment screen. How hard is it to add album art and media controls to that? Every other car has them. And add large ones too, not some little one/two inch album art.

Reactions: terranx
Hi all,

I just read that Tesla has reduced prices....so went to the Tesla Canada website and there is no base price reduction that I can see. However, The Advanced driving features offer has changed....which maybe is old news but:

There is no longer an option for "Advanced Autopilot". Now it just lists FSD at a price reduction from: 16,,000cdn to 11,000cdn. I believe this relates to the email announcing the end of the FSD trial:

I must admit I loved FSD...the novelty was incredible. It also did amazing on our city streets (which are terrible BTW). For me, at the new price, it is tempting, but we have severe and long winters where I live (Winnipeg) and I doubt FSD would be helpful for those months, so really put a damper on it.

Otherwise this is my first EV and I absolutely love it. I have a Plaid and ATM it it way too fast for me. Still haven't launched it yet b/c I'm afraid of the power (The feeling reminded me of the trauma I experienced as a kid riding Space Mountain). I'm working my way up to a launch by driving with a bit more spirit in sports mode.

I love the yoke, it took a bit of getting used to but now almost feels natural. I came up with a near fool proof way to use the lane indicator. For every lane change I first lightly find the mid point (AKA the little bump) then move and press the intended haptic button. Works nearly every time.

I'm currently washing the car every 2-3 days stage, collecting cleaning products, and watching detailing videos (hahaha).

I have some frequently noted issues but they don't bother me too much (few cabin rattles, shuddering at lower speed, and cabin wind noise. I purchased, but have not installed the " Wind noise reduction kit." mentioned in this thread.

Got the wind reduction kit and the thing didn’t stay in the groove for me. Kept popping out. Gonna return it.

Hi all,

So then why not just sign up for the $99/month FSD in the spring/summer/fall months? At 11K CAD (I'm in Ottawa, so I hear you), that's 111 months or 9 years, 4 months of paying 99$ a month to break even and that's if you sign up every month and not skip winter. If you skip let's say 4 months, you're well into 11-12 years before you break even, you really going to keep the car that long?

To me I think it's plain and simple, MOST people do not keep their cars 8-10 years so buying FSD is a horrible investment.. Just subscribe per month.

They should also make the Yoke free just like the steering wheel and your choice of color free too.

The software updates coming out look nice, but still amazes me that not one update ever on the refresh models to drivers infotainment screen. How hard is it to add album art and media controls to that? Every other car has them. And add large ones too, not some little one/two inch album art.
Possibly because few have any interest in album art and even fewer know what albums are?

I agree that an FSD subscription is better unless they make free transfers to a new Tesla permanent, but all the current break even calculations will end up being wrong. No way they don’t jack the price back up on the monthly subscription once they can. It will still make sense since the break even then will still be 5-7 years instead.
To date the fsd subscription cost has never increased.

Reactions: ck1891 and Yelobird
Been following this thread for a few months... Been waiting to place my MSP order since the erroneous rumor of the front bumper camera rumors... Can care less about the "ambient" light upgrade and SO glad it never made it's way to the MS...

With the announcement of the Sports Seats addition to the MSP last Friday, I went in to place my order on Saturday, April 13 for the MSP/GS/White/Arachnid/Yoke... Got my VIN on Wednesday, April 18th and asked my SA for the build date and was told April 16!!! Accepted my order agreement the following day...

Then Tesla announced that they're cutting the price by $2k on Friday, April 19... Thought I'd have to cancel my order and lose my $250 order fee and place another order and fork up another $250 to get the new price...

NOPE!!! Contacted my SA and was told that the new price was already applied, downloaded my order agreement and sure enough the MSP was listed as $87,990!!!

Completed the rest of my delivery tasks on (__420__(@~~~ and scheduled my delivery for April 21. Hope my inspection goes as well as the order process!!! 🙏 🤞

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240421_093706_Tesla.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240421_093706_Tesla.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 7
Been following this thread for a few months... Been waiting to place my MSP order since the erroneous rumor of the front bumper camera rumors... Can care less about the "ambient" light upgrade and SO glad it never made it's way to the MS...

With the announcement of the Sports Seats addition to the MSP last Friday, I went in to place my order on Saturday, April 13 for the MSP/GS/White/Arachnid/Yoke... Got my VIN on Wednesday, April 18th and asked my SA for the build date and was told April 16!!! Accepted my order agreement the following day...

Then Tesla announced that they're cutting the price by $2k on Friday, April 19... Thought I'd have to cancel my order and lose my $250 order fee and place another order and fork up another $250 to get the new price...

NOPE!!! Contacted my SA and was told that the new price was already applied, downloaded my order agreement and sure enough the MSP was listed as $87,990!!!

Completed the rest of my delivery tasks on (__420__(@~~~ and scheduled my delivery for April 21. Hope my inspection goes as well as the order process!!! 🙏 🤞
congrats! Crazy because I ordered MSP on 3/7 but no VIN yet. I’m assuming it’s coming soon, though. I still got the sports seats and $2k discount automatically adjusted.