Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you don't qualify for the tax credits because you make a lot of money, it means that you "probably" don't have to worry about the difference in price and could "probably" buy a Plaid without blinking an eye if you wanted to 😂
I see you're from NC. If this is truly the case in NC, I now want to move there because it sure isn't where I'm from 😅

Reactions: sawood711
Everyone's circumstances are different. Like I said $150k+ in my area goes a long way, but in other places like in DC, NYC, LA or any other big city $150k does not. If you're married the limit is 300K, which in most places in the US is still good money, but there are places where it's chump change.

I see you're from NC. If this is truly the case in NC, I now want to move there because it sure isn't where I'm from 😅

Certain areas in NC it's expensive and some places can be less expensive like where I live. I am recently retired from the military (where I was making less than $75k a year at my peak), but now since retirement I feel that I am getting paid my worth in the "real world" lol I lived in DC for about 7 years and know that places and housing market can be stupid expensive for no reason lol That's why I know some places that $300k+ means you're basically house poor.

Reactions: zoomer0056
After yesterday’s earnings call, I don’t see the long rumored Model S/X updates like the front bumper camera coming this year. I suspect the design team is busy with other things.
I don't think they were ever rumors with substance. It was basically just Teslascope for the last year or so saying they were imminent. Twice saying they were in the car, but being incorrect.

I am in total agreement, 300K with a family makes 15K very significant.
The $15k difference is 5% of your yearly income if you make $300k plus. That 5% is then diluted to a lower % of your overall income if you decide to take a loan and make monthly payments past 12 months "if" you are not paying in cash. Lets say you do a 48 month loan, it will be 1.25% of your total income per year to overcome that $15k difference. Everyone' circumstances are different though of what $300k+ is, but just wanted to point out the relation $15k is to $300k in the long run.

The $15k difference is 5% of your yearly income if you make $300k plus. That 5% is then diluted to a lower % of your overall income if you decide to take a loan and make monthly payments past 12 months "if" you are not paying in cash. Lets say you do a 48 month loan, it will be 1.25% of your total income per year to overcome that $15k difference. Everyone' circumstances are different though of what $300k+ is, but just wanted to point out the relation $15k is to $300k in the long run.

Good perspective. I’m generally a cash buyer. Only thing that might change that would be some crazy Tesla financing at say 1%. That being said, the real issue is I don’t value the Plaid at 15K over the LR, or the opportunity cost of spending that 15k on other wish list items.

Yeah, 270 is probably about right. I could probably squeeze out 300 if I really try, but the car seems much more sensitive to speed as far as efficiency goes than the 3 was.

I doubt real world range for the new M3P will be drastically lower than the old.
My lifetime average so for on my MSP is 270 wh/mile, but that includes all the short in town trips where I'm lead footing it and two ski trips to the mountains. Averaging more like 250 on longish drives (was 255 when it was a little colder). As it warms up more, I expect it to go closer to 245 which is what the original rated wh/mile was when it was 396 miles.

Pulse check for front bumper cam and/or ambient lighting 😂

23o9h6.jpg