Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y has anyone received 2023 VIN yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My VIN is PF589. What’s the difference between a 58x and 59x?
Probably nothing....I saw 58X and 59X on the lot and they were the same features as far as I could tell. (Didn't check if they had cargo covers or not). At some point the cars won't have USS. That may happen in the 59X series or maybe not to 600 or later. I would guess your 589 will have sensors as all the cars I saw had them still.

Reactions: cya2marra
Probably nothing....I saw 58X and 59X on the lot and they were the same features as far as I could tell. (Didn't check if they had cargo covers or not). At some point the cars won't have USS. That may happen in the 59X series or maybe not to 600 or later. I would guess your 589 will have sensors as all the cars I saw had them still.
I'm curious what delivery center you went to? I'm picking up a 589 tomorrow from Monterey, which is very close to Fremont. That was about the earliest time available too, which leads me to believe it rolled off the line within the last few days

I'm curious what delivery center you went to? I'm picking up a 589 tomorrow from Monterey, which is very close to Fremont. That was about the earliest time available too, which leads me to believe it rolled off the line within the last few days
I'm in Victoria, BC Canada. Sometimes the VINs aren't a perfect linear sequence so there is a chance some 59X existed before 589.

Picked up my 2023 MYP VIN PF586; has USS / no cargo cover / old cameras. Initial build quality disappointing; frunk misaligned and passenger door speaker has gap, white trim doesn’t align with dash, and requires slamming the door to close; center console difficult to close; and hitch cover scratched. Plus paint defects which detail shop will address prior to application of PPF. SA advised misaligned components are “within spec” and only when I handed back the key cards and refused delivery did they agree to fix the items and put it in writing that they acknowledge them as warranty items observed at delivery (otherwise no warranty coverage for these “general appearance concerns”).

Attachments

• 5C0282CC-EE82-49E2-85BE-69D81DB5C2B7.jpeg
    5C0282CC-EE82-49E2-85BE-69D81DB5C2B7.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 144
  • BF5CC425-615B-4539-91E9-D71EE27D4C41.jpeg
    BF5CC425-615B-4539-91E9-D71EE27D4C41.jpeg
    969.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 2CB594B7-12E2-4F32-8CAF-039CA3698AED.jpeg
    2CB594B7-12E2-4F32-8CAF-039CA3698AED.jpeg
    912.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 61903890-ED6D-4780-89BA-661FC95B7A48.jpeg
    61903890-ED6D-4780-89BA-661FC95B7A48.jpeg
    239.6 KB · Views: 109
Picked up my 2023 MYP VIN PF586; has USS / no cargo cover / old cameras. Initial build quality disappointing; frunk misaligned and passenger door speaker has gap, white trim doesn’t align with dash, and requires slamming the door to close; center console difficult to close; and hitch cover scratched. Plus paint defects which detail shop will address prior to application of PPF. SA advised misaligned components are “within spec” and only when I handed back the key cards and refused delivery did they agree to fix the items and put it in writing that they acknowledge them as warranty items observed at delivery (otherwise no warranty coverage for these “general appearance concerns”).
Interesting, thanks for sharing. What made you decide to not just refuse delivery? Were there any downsides to refusal?

I got my VIN and it is 2023 MYP. Black. I live in NJ. yet receive a text to schedule the delivery, they are saying I will be getting it early next week.
It is manufactured at Fremont plant and it is currently intransit as per Tesla rep.
I took delivery of my 2022 Y September 19th
I find it hard to understand why it matters whether it is a 2022 or a 2023. I think what is important is does it matter with ones insurance company? Will a 2023 Model Y cause an increase in insurance premiums?
In the six weeks of ownership I've received two over the air software updates in the middle of the night so who knows, maybe my 2022 is already the equivalent 2023?

Reactions: Joe Schmoe88
OK guys here's a bunch of information for those with eminent delivery. I have a 589 vin from Fremont that I was scheduled to pick up tomorrow but was in the neighborhood and just went and checked it out in person. Manufacture date 10/28. Does not have USS. It does have the older cameras. It did not have the matrix lights. It did have the cargo cover. As for the US S, it seems they didn't exactly go in order because some 59 vins on the lot with the same manufacture date did have the USS. As for the new headlights I did not see any in the lot that had it. As for the new cameras also none on the lot that had it and I even asked the guy and he said they haven't received any with new cameras and it would probably be a while before they would. Build quality from the outside looked great. For a reference mine is a white exterior black interior regular wheels and enhanced auto pilot. Holler if anybody has any questions.

OK guys here's a bunch of information for those with eminent delivery. I have a 589 vin from Fremont that I was scheduled to pick up tomorrow but was in the neighborhood and just went and checked it out in person. Manufacture date 10/28. Does not have USS. It does have the older cameras. It did not have the matrix lights. It did have the cargo cover. As for the US S, it seems they didn't exactly go in order because some 59 vins on the lot with the same manufacture date did have the USS. As for the new headlights I did not see any in the lot that had it. As for the new cameras also none on the lot that had it and I even asked the guy and he said they haven't received any with new cameras and it would probably be a while before they would. Build quality from the outside looked great. For a reference mine is a white exterior black interior regular wheels and enhanced auto pilot. Holler if anybody has any questions.
5 seat or 7 seat?

LR or P?
edit. Looked at the post above. 😂

Curious what current MYP owners getting.

My MYLR was delivered today. The delivery window was between 4 pm and 8 pm but they dropped it off around 10 am and I was able to enjoy driving it for most of the day today! Red exterior, white interior, 5 seats, 19" wheels, no tow, no FSD. The order date was March 4.

Tesla has dramatically improved the suspension since I test-drove a MYLR back in March, and the difference between a new MY and an older 3 or S is night and day. The driving experience is far superior to any ICE car. Instant acceleration (at highway speeds acceleration is still lightning fast), one-pedal driving, excellent seating position, great steering wheel. Excellent feedback from the steering and suspension, you really feel connected to the road. Fantastic handling due to the low center of gravity. The seats are the best I've ever used. The design is fantastic. The cabin is INSANELY quiet. Even on the freeway, I can't believe how little road noise I heard.

I got a really loud color combination, red paint and white seats. I wondered if it would be a little too much but it's not -- not at all.

Admittedly, some of the details aren't quite on par with those of a European luxury car. The panels don't line up perfectly (but they are good enough, I'm not going to complain), there is a little gap at the top of the B-pillars, and there were little bits of black lint on a couple of the white seat cushions because whoever got the car ready was in a hurry and didn't bother cleaning them up. But the overall level of quality and fit and finish is excellent, if an Audi interior is at 100% Tesla is at 95. My 2016 E-Class is a little... tighter... there are no gaps anywhere in the interior, and the materials seem slightly more durable (although they are not super luxurious) but I actually think the Tesla's fit and finish is superior in many ways. The Mercedes has some massive panel gaps. Everything lines up, one panel does not appear a couple of centimeters lower than another... but there are some really big gaps. The Tesla looks a little better.

I got the new door trim. It had ultrasonic censors. DId not have a package shelf or matrix headlights. I don't care about any of that, it's a fantastic car and a joy to drive.

The one thing I didn't get, oddly enough, was the Gemini wheel covers. I don't know if the service center ran out or if someone just forgot to put them on, but the car came without any hubcaps. That's fine with me, I prefer the look of the actual 19" wheels, so my plan was to take the wheel covers off and put them back for lengthy road trips, but it is sort of a funny oversight. I scheduled a service appointment, hopefully they will just give me a set of hubcaps when I arrive.

This has been a really great day, it's a wonderful car and I can't wait to drive it for many happy years. Only have one picture right now, may post others later.
IMG_1989.jpeg

My MYLR was delivered today. The delivery window was between 4 pm and 8 pm but they dropped it off around 10 am and I was able to enjoy driving it for most of the day today! Red exterior, white interior, 5 seats, 19" wheels, no tow, no FSD. The order date was March 4.

Tesla has dramatically improved the suspension since I test-drove a MYLR back in March, and the difference between a new MY and an older 3 or S is night and day. The driving experience is far superior to any ICE car. Instant acceleration (at highway speeds acceleration is still lightning fast), one-pedal driving, excellent seating position, great steering wheel. Excellent feedback from the steering and suspension, you really feel connected to the road. Fantastic handling due to the low center of gravity. The seats are the best I've ever used. The design is fantastic. The cabin is INSANELY quiet. Even on the freeway, I can't believe how little road noise I heard.

I got a really loud color combination, red paint and white seats. I wondered if it would be a little too much but it's not -- not at all.

Admittedly, some of the details aren't quite on par with those of a European luxury car. The panels don't line up perfectly (but they are good enough, I'm not going to complain), there is a little gap at the top of the B-pillars, and there were little bits of black lint on a couple of the white seat cushions because whoever got the car ready was in a hurry and didn't bother cleaning them up. But the overall level of quality and fit and finish is excellent, if an Audi interior is at 100% Tesla is at 95. My 2016 E-Class is a little... tighter... there are no gaps anywhere in the interior, and the materials seem slightly more durable (although they are not super luxurious) but I actually think the Tesla's fit and finish is superior in many ways. The Mercedes has some massive panel gaps. Everything lines up, one panel does not appear a couple of centimeters lower than another... but there are some really big gaps. The Tesla looks a little better.

I got the new door trim. It had ultrasonic censors. DId not have a package shelf or matrix headlights. I don't care about any of that, it's a fantastic car and a joy to drive.

The one thing I didn't get, oddly enough, was the Gemini wheel covers. I don't know if the service center ran out or if someone just forgot to put them on, but the car came without any hubcaps. That's fine with me, I prefer the look of the actual 19" wheels, so my plan was to take the wheel covers off and put them back for lengthy road trips, but it is sort of a funny oversight. I scheduled a service appointment, hopefully they will just give me a set of hubcaps when I arrive.

This has been a really great day, it's a wonderful car and I can't wait to drive it for many happy years. Only have one picture right now, may post others later.
IMG_1989.jpeg
congrats on the new delivery. All your reviews are pretty much align with what others reported.

However, regardless you like to wheel covers or not, a new vehicle without these included is EPIC, what a genuine Tesla delivery!

IMG_1989.jpeg
New cameras?