Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y has anyone received 2023 VIN yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
^ Well, well, well. How timely. I just got a phone call from my Tesla location here. They wanted to tell me about this, and to also rechedule my delivery day two days sooner from the 8th to the 6th of Dec. Yes, it is a price deduction. And yes, the sales tax is reduced commensurate with that deduction. Stupid me having the bank make out a check earlier today for the higher amount. :mad: This really is a quadruple win scanerio. :D
* Price reduction
* State Sales Tax reduction
* No need to worry about dec. vs. Jan. 2023 income tax deduction and if there was actually a Tesla IRA tax credit...
* We get the money (difference) NOW vs. possible tax credit ~April 2024.

I never believed that Teslas would 100% qualify for the full IRA credit anyway, so this is perfect. Now, if I had taken delivery in the last several days or months, I would be sharing much less happy emojis.

One thing perhaps all of us awaiting December delivery should watch out for is a VIN change before or at delivery? The whole purpose of this $3,750 credit is to move out older cars that have sat in stock that were previously cancelled. Maybe I'm paranoid, but...

Last edited:
Reactions: OCREP24
^ Well, well, well. How timely. I just got a phone call from my Tesla location here. They wanted to tell me about this, and to also rechedule my delivery day two days sooner from the 8th to the 6th of Dec. Yes, it is a price deduction. And yes, the sales tax is reduced commensurate with that deduction. Stupid me having the bank make out a check earlier today for the higher amount. :mad: This really is a quadruple win scanerio. :D
* Price reduction
* State Sales Tax reduction
* No need to worry about dec. vs. Jan. 2023 income tax deduction and if there was actually a Tesla IRA tax credit...
* We get the money (difference) NOW vs. possible tax credit ~April 2024.

I never believed that Teslas would 100% qualify for the full IRA credit anyway, so this is perfect. Now, if I had taken delivery in the last several days or months, I would be sharing much less happy emojis.

One thing perhaps all of us awaiting December delivery should watch out for is a VIN change before or at delivery? The whole purpose of this $3,750 credit is to move out older cars that have sat in stock that were previously cancelled. Maybe I'm paranoid, but...
I got the $3750 referral credit as well. The car has 15 miles on it so it may be a reject? Referral credits are normally good for 12 months for buying Tesla options/aftermarket and maybe solar products. Since I have paid the original invoice I will see if they have a check for me on Tuesday December 6 or if I will be buying lots of "stuff" for the car. This may be to prevent a moth of push outs and to secure revenue for 2022?

Reactions: THEbuz
I got the $3750 referral credit as well. The car has 15 miles on it so it may be a reject? Referral credits are normally good for 12 months for buying Tesla options/aftermarket and maybe solar products. Since I have paid the original invoice I will see if they have a check for me on Tuesday December 6 or if I will be buying lots of "stuff" for the car. This may be to prevent a moth of push outs and to secure revenue for 2022?
FWIW: My brand new 2023 Model Y (LR/AWD) came with about 16mi on the odometer, as I recall. Mine definitely was NOT a reject. Also, I know a lot of people say the TESLA floor mats (optional, not included mats) are overpriced and/or that there are better aftermarket floor mats available elsewhere. I bought my floor mats and frunk/trunk liners from TESLA, and I love them! My trunk liner still curls a bit on the sides (it is winter here and I never properly splayed them out beforehand), but the interior floor mats in the passenger area are excellent, IMO.

Nope, I am willing to bet you it has 4miles. Mine said 15miles as well until I got the car and looked and saw it only had 4 miles

Reactions: MYMY21
I picked up my 2023 MYLR Fremont built yesterday. Total wait time from ordering online to pickup was 10 days. Was surprised to get it so quick I had everything standard except tow hitch. I also received the credit which was a nice surprise because it shaved almost $7k off the price (credit + tax reduction). Odometer was 3 during pickup.

I picked up my 2023 MYLR Fremont built yesterday. Total wait time from ordering online to pickup was 10 days. Was surprised to get it so quick I had everything standard except tow hitch. I also received the credit which was a nice surprise because it shaved almost $7k off the price (credit + tax reduction). Odometer was 3 during pickup.

10 days? I've waited 10 months! Well, congrats! Also, how do you save $7K on a $3,750 Tesla credit? I can see sales tax also being reduced, but unless your sales tax is greater than 20%, I'm confused.

Reactions: Happy Hippo
Anyone who has taken delivery or been able to set a delivery date…how long from when you got your VIN assigned did it take to get the set a delivery date text? Its been 10 days for me since I’ve received the VIN but haven’t heard anything else

Anyone who has taken delivery or been able to set a delivery date…how long from when you got your VIN assigned did it take to get the set a delivery date text? Its been 10 days for me since I’ve received the VIN but haven’t heard anything else
Ordered Model Y (LR/AWD) 09/20/2022 and got my “schedule your delivery date” text 11/07/2022 or 11/08/2022. Took delivery on 11/12/2022.

I meant from when you received VIN to schedule delivery date text
Sorry—my misunderstanding. For me, they both occurred the same day. My actual Delivery Date occurred 4-5 days after the text to schedule it was received. Once I received that text, I went into the app and—lo and behold—my VIN appeared at the top, left-hand corner of the app.

I have 338 miles on my 2023 MY with Enhanced Autopilot, just went to use Summon to back out of it the garage, and there's no Summon feature in my app. It's right there on my MX, but not my MY. Enhanced Autopilot is supposed to include Summon according to the website, but what's weird is in my Upgrades section in the car UI it lists Summon as a feature in FSD Subscription... Any thoughts?.. any other Enhanced Autopilot owners missing Summon?

I have 338 miles on my 2023 MY with Enhanced Autopilot, just went to use Summon to back out of it the garage, and there's no Summon feature in my app. It's right there on my MX, but not my MY. Enhanced Autopilot is supposed to include Summon according to the website, but what's weird is in my Upgrades section in the car UI it lists Summon as a feature in FSD Subscription... Any thoughts?.. any other Enhanced Autopilot owners missing Summon?
If you don’t have ultrasonic sensors on your front and rear bumpers (most likely, with a 2023 MY just like mine didn’t come with them), you won’t get summon back until Tesla releases a vision update for proximity sensing with cameras alone. How long? No one knows.

Reactions: MYMY21 and SSAri
If you don’t have ultrasonic sensors on your front and rear bumpers (most likely, with a 2023 MY just like mine didn’t come with them), you won’t get summon back until Tesla releases a vision update for proximity sensing with cameras alone. How long? No one knows.
Ahhhh makes sense.. well I'm impatiently waiting for that feature to come back... Went from a '18 M3 and lost homelink and summon and who knows what else.. 🫣

Reactions: starship42