Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I'm new to the May group!
Ordered:
5/18
Specs: MYP, Pearl White, 5 Seat, Black Interior, No Tow, No FSD
Delivery Appointment: 8/5 (it has been pushed twice) so I am crossing my fingers
Payment Method: Tesla Financing

Reactions: CSTARZZ
First timer here! After a very long 85 days after ordering and profile completion, I just received my VIN! 245***. This morning my EDD was 8-18-8/28, then I rechecked for the 10th time today at 8:30p and I saw the blue button and VIN with an EDD of October.
Ordered 5/12
White on white, LR, induction, 5 seater, no tow, no fsd.
It seems like the chip shortage really is affecting the long wait time..prayers up and good vibes for our fellow April and May orders!!!

My Model Y journey:

Ordered May 5th - LR, black/black - Gemini wheels w/ trade in
Had the usual EDD movement until May 28 EDD 18-30 Sept
May 30 EDD 30 July-2 Aug and received VIN 240xxx
May 30 2:30pm text - delivery date Aug 3

Picked up the car at the Vallejo service center

Build quality really good. Nothing obvious
7/21 build date
Had HEPA filter/Biowweapon Defense mode installed
Had heated steering wheel

My Model Y journey:

Ordered May 5th - LR, black/black - Gemini wheels w/ trade in
Had the usual EDD movement until May 28 EDD 18-30 Sept
May 30 EDD 30 July-2 Aug and received VIN 240xxx
May 30 2:30pm text - delivery date Aug 3

Picked up the car at the Vallejo service center

Build quality really good. Nothing obvious
7/21 build date
Had HEPA filter/Biowweapon Defense mode installed
Had heated steering wheel
I think the amount of Californians getting cars definitely blows up the theory of West Coast getting cars at end of quarter.

Their will still be massive west coast deliveries at the end of the quarter. Just logistically makes sense to maximize delivery volumes. It’s cool they are not holding them back until the end of the quarter. That does nothing for customer service. They will just deliver orders from September in September.

Their will still be massive west coast deliveries at the end of the quarter. Just logistically makes sense to maximize delivery volumes. It’s cool they are not holding them back until the end of the quarter. That does nothing for customer service. They will just deliver orders from September in September.
CA is roughly half of US sales, and their backlog got so large that it doesn't make sense to wait until September to deliver on the west coast. They would just make the backlog worse. At least, that's my theory.