Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got assigned a VIN! 239XXX, a little surprised it's a 239 since it seems like I should have received the car earlier with everyone getting 240XXX and 241XXX but whatever, just happy I finally have one. Ordered on May 15.
I ordered on May 16, and got a VIN 239XXX on Jul 25 and they told me car hasn't finished production yet...will do by Aug 3rd....very fun weird stories all the time

Reactions: TiggerOC
I ordered on May 16, and got a VIN 239XXX on Jul 25 and they told me car hasn't finished production yet...will do by Aug 3rd....very fun weird stories all the time
I don't think there's any way to make sense of all this, let's just hope we are driving our Model Y's by the end of this week and I will forgive Tesla for 3 months of pain lol. Last night I updated my car insurance on the page and was almost immediately assigned a VIN, as if the system was waiting for me to put in the new insurance and I had a model waiting for me this whole time?

Reactions: TiggerOC
I don't think there's any way to make sense of all this, let's just hope we are driving our Model Y's by the end of this week and I will forgive Tesla for 3 months of pain lol. Last night I updated my car insurance on the page and was almost immediately assigned a VIN, as if the system was waiting for me to put in the new insurance and I had a model waiting for me this whole time?
Our insurance renews on the 16th. I called the SA and asked her to add my renewed insurance card. Now the updated card shows on my account and there is a blue "replace" button. I'm not sure if I should leave it as is or press the replace button. My fear is if I "replace" it then it may throw our delivery off somehow. We are going in today to check out the Model S (ordered June 1st) and I will ask them at that time.

Attachments

• 68CF6D91-74EE-436C-AD5E-6AE23B5704F9.jpeg
    68CF6D91-74EE-436C-AD5E-6AE23B5704F9.jpeg
    283 KB · Views: 62
Our insurance renews on the 16th. I called the SA and asked her to add my renewed insurance card. Now the updated card shows on my account and there is a blue "replace" button. I'm not sure if I should leave it as is or press the replace button. My fear is if I "replace" it then it may throw our delivery off somehow. We are going in today to check out the Model S (ordered June 1st) and I will ask them at that time.
My insurance renewed in the middle of my wait also.

That was the only thing I had to "change" and it did not appear to affect my wait time (78 days from order to delivery - assuming everything goes well with delivery today).

I know I was a little put off by the blue replace button also, but I didn't have to use it or anything and it just sat there during the rest of my wait for a VIN and didn't seem to affect anything in a negative way.

In my case, I sent to SA and he uploaded it and nothing seem to have affected.