Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
after June EDD couldn't be met, it was September for a while and then finally started with July 6th - Aug 3 window. Then kept moving by a day until today but has never gone beyond Aug 3 atleast.
Was it September or some specific dates in September? Anecdotally, it seems that Tesla gives specific dates, then sometimesgoes to a default month (September, now October) right before issuing the VIN.

Good morning,
Finally got my vin and this text:

Tesla Update - We plan to drop off your Model Y to your address in 3-5 days. There is no need to be present at drop-off, you will be able to access your Model Y with the Tesla App.

Once your Model Y is dropped off, you will receive an email to electronically accept delivery, which must be completed within 24 hours of receipt. Please reply to this text with any questions.

order date and profile complete 5/7
Standard interior exterior
No tow/no FSD

considering there can be issues with the car, Do you guys think home delivery is okay?
Please advice

Reactions: beehive
Can you check your order status page source code to see if there is a hidden VIN?

I can't see this as a bad thing. Bad would be Aug15-Sept 10. I suspect your delivery will happen in the next 10 days. 🤞
I checked, there isn't
I stopped by at the Fremont location today. The guy I spoke to checked that I have a soft match to a car in production right now. Hope this torture ends soon! 🤞

Reactions: TYLA and beehive
Ordered Model Y at Bellevue, Washington on May 20, 2021.
Online showed a delivery date in late June or early July. Then late July. Then mid-August. Then mid-September. Now October!

Only changes to base model:
  • Midnight Blue paint
  • Tow hitch
Trading in 2019 Model 3, 18,500 miles at the moment. Got a quote in late May. It has now expired. Sent in new information two and a half weeks ago but quote has not been updated.

What is the matter? Lack of chips? Trading in a car? Didn't pay the whole thing right away? General orneriness?

On “October” EDD date now since Saturday. Spoke to SA yesterday who said it’s a “glitch” and should still expect delivery in “August”. I’m at day ~68 now with October EDD - shoot me! Hope this saga comes to an end soon - especially because as of yesterday I have no car until this thing arrives. Thank you Tesla for your 0/10 communication

Reactions: beehive
On “October” EDD date now since Saturday. Spoke to SA yesterday who said it’s a “glitch” and should still expect delivery in “August”. I’m at day ~68 now with October EDD - shoot me! Hope this saga comes to an end soon - especially because as of yesterday I have no car until this thing arrives. Thank you Tesla for your 0/10 communication
Mine finally changed to July 23-Aug 10

Side note: Where did you sell your M3? What were the specs and how much did you sell it for compared to Trade-in offers? Trying to get a sense for the market here in NW since I'll be selling mine as well and only have 1 car
It was a 2019 mid range RWD 42k miles premium int. i.e. 5 seat heaters, premium sound, nav, and we paid $3k for autopilot.
Sold it on Fakebook marketplace for $34,500 We paid $37,500 so we did good I think.

Reactions: Greg007