Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY LR waiting room.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Way to beat the price increase from last night, I was just pricing in the Perf yesterday thinking if I want to upgrade to get it sooner. But guess that ship has sailed now
If you currently have an order in place then Tesla lets you upgrade at the price level that was in effect when you placed your original order. You won't be affected by last night's price increase. There may be a slight price increase to the delivery fees from when you ordered (for me it is an extra $600 CAD).

Ordered a MYLR white /w black interior and no options on 11/16/2021 and just had my EDD updated to Apr 2023-June 2023. FML
Unless people you like you and me with base MY orders from months/years and several price hikes ago upgrade to performance or FSD we will keep getting pushed later and later. Anyone add FSD and then remove it upon getting a VIN? Seems like a bad strategy but maybe someone made it work.

If you currently have an order in place then Tesla lets you upgrade at the price level that was in effect when you placed your original order. You won't be affected by last night's price increase. There may be a slight price increase to the delivery fees from when you ordered (for me it is an extra $600 CAD).
Yeah, I know the no price increase applies to the options, but i dont know if it applies if one were to go from a LR to performance, either way, I have travel coming up and will make the change after i come back

Unless people you like you and me with base MY orders from months/years and several price hikes ago upgrade to performance or FSD we will keep getting pushed later and later. Anyone add FSD and then remove it upon getting a VIN? Seems like a bad strategy but maybe someone made it work.
Thinking of just upgrading to the P, but that would depend on whether I could buy it at the price it was when I placed my original MY order, or today’s price. I have heard of people trying the FSD add to get a VIN then removing the option later, but I heard Tesla started cracking down on that.

Yeah, I know the no price increase applies to the options, but i dont know if it applies if one were to go from a LR to performance, either way, I have travel coming up and will make the change after i come back
You still get the MYP price that it was in affect when you ordered your MYLR. I can go into the edit-design page for my RN number and it tells me the price upfront before confirming a switch. Only difference for me is that $600 CAD increase in the delivery fees. Otherwise the MYP is the price it was on March 11th when I ordered MYLR.

I would have to pay $85,890 CAD for MYP with no upgrades. Current price is $91,990

Just use this link and you can edit your order and see the price upfront: www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN######## (use your unique RN# at the end).

My MYLR 5 Seat, White exterior/ black interior, no additional add-ons was placed on Oct 30th 2021. I didn’t realize I had to fully complete the profile (ie select cash, no trade) until March - so I only saw an estimate of Sept ‘22 up to the point. After completing profile, I’ve had a multitude of EDD’s but most recently Dec 27th-Jan 22nd, and that just switched back to Oct 27th-Dec 22nd yesterday.

Just a bit of fun to while away the time. I've been screenshotting the Tesla app as the delivery window has slipped and flipped, and made this chart, which indicates how many days until we enter (MYLR, ordered November 2021). As of today we're 5 days from the window, but at this point I'll believe it when I see it!

Anyway, it's been a ride.

1655415548855.png

Just a bit of fun to while away the time. I've been screenshotting the Tesla app as the delivery window has slipped and flipped, and made this chart, which indicates how many days until we enter (MYLR, ordered November 2021). As of today we're 5 days from the window, but at this point I'll believe it when I see it!

Anyway, it's been a ride.

View attachment 817477

This great actually. At least it is heading down!

Reactions: pat8839
Back in March I added FSD but quickly removed it the next day when they announced that my order might get pushed back.

So I was able to snag a demo unit Y 7-seater yesterday (unfortunately the new $3k price hike was in effect), but it was exactly the same spec as what my FIL had on order (current EDD 25 Nov - 5 January) except for the demo has a tow hitch. Only concern is that this unit is reported to have over 4k miles on the odometer already (put into service on 23 May according to the info I have)! What in the world was this Y being used for by Tesla to have logged over 175 miles a day since being put into service???

But the FIL is happy because he really needed a car ASAP. Just hope it doesn't have a plethora of issues (especially having 4k on the odo).

As for his original order, might just keep it on the books and see what happens (locked in at a $3k lower price than current prices).

Reactions: EVDeepDive
You still get the MYP price that it was in affect when you ordered your MYLR. I can go into the edit-design page for my RN number and it tells me the price upfront before confirming a switch. Only difference for me is that $600 CAD increase in the delivery fees. Otherwise the MYP is the price it was on March 11th when I ordered MYLR.

I would have to pay $85,890 CAD for MYP with no upgrades. Current price is $91,990

Just use this link and you can edit your order and see the price upfront: www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN######## (use your unique RN# at the end).
I called and asked the price for upgrading to Performance ands told you can add options at the order date price, but upgrading to Performance is a model change and brings it to the current price.

I called and asked the price for upgrading to Performance ands told you can add options at the order date price, but upgrading to Performance is a model change and brings it to the current price.
Well if you use the link it shows you the price before you confirm. It isn't an updated price when I do it. Also many, many reports on here of people upgrading to MYP over the last few months and all have had pricing from when they ordered. Tesla customer service is clueless most of the time....it is like a lottery to get someone who actually knows what they are talking about.

Regardless, just use the link and you will see the price.