Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY LR waiting room.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All! Just some updates:
OD:5/20/2022, MYLR5, white/black, tow, FSD.
EDD (after several changes) was end of Nov-early Jan.
Received a window last Fri of 12-16 Sep and a VIN (noticed it in the app).
I received a text message on Sat indicating that my Model Y had left the factory and was on its way to the delivery center (OH)
Today, I received an updated delivery window of 8-14 Sep.
it’s an Austin build ( VIN …A012XXX).
Super excited!

I received a text message on Sat indicating that my Model Y had left the factory and was on its way to the delivery center (OH)
Super excited!
Wow. I ordered 10 days earlier. White on white. With no tow, and FSD. Mine still says December-January.

Congratulations!

Super excited!
Congrats! No love for us here in Colorado, I ordered in March and still waiting. Not sure there is any rhyme or reason to how they fill orders, seems sort of haphazard.

Reactions: sjc003
Congrats! No love for us here in Colorado, I ordered in March and still waiting. Not sure there is any rhyme or reason to how they fill orders, seems sort of haphazard.
My theory is they have cars they are “delivering in your area” and when one of those goes on “hold” or gets canceled they contact the next one in the list in that region - only thing I can think of…

My theory is they have cars they are “delivering in your area” and when one of those goes on “hold” or gets canceled they contact the next one in the list in that region - only thing I can think of…
That is likely true. Its also probably because I did not get FSD or Tow added to mine so the only upgrades I have are the paint and wheels. Anyone who stepped up the extra $$$ for FSD probably moves to the front of the line as far as MYLR orders. Tesla seems to favor those who paid more for upgrades.

That is likely true. Its also probably because I did not get FSD or Tow added to mine so the only upgrades I have are the paint and wheels. Anyone who stepped up the extra $$$ for FSD probably moves to the front of the line as far as MYLR orders. Tesla seems to favor those who paid more for upgrades.
Ya but I think that’s more of a myth as everyone was adding it, and then canceling once they got a vin.

Reactions: JDEWD250
I have a friend who was assigned a vin this week and they decided to put it on hold.

They got the option to put on hold for up to 6 months. Due to the rules of when he ordered it. Hmm interesting he ordered back in October 2021 so I wonder if they would honor his price plus EV TAX CREDIT.

Reactions: JDEWD250
I have a friend who was assigned a vin this week and they decided to put it on hold.

They got the option to put on hold for up to 6 months. Due to the rules of when he ordered it. Hmm interesting he ordered back in October 2021 so I wonder if they would honor his price plus EV TAX CREDIT.
The EV tax credit has nothing to do with Tesla. Tesla will charge him the price at the time of ordering. Your friend has to claim the EV tax credit come tax return time.

Just hit the 6000 mile mark on my M3 and absolutely love it. But after two long road trips we've decided that the Model Y is a better fit for our family. So I took the plunge and ordered a MYLR last night. Tow hitch, 7 person seating, and had to get red again. I'm not in love with the Gemini wheels but I want the extra range and I can replace the covers with something better looking. Here's hoping I'm near the beginning of my EDD window but at least I have the Model 3 to help with the waiting.

Reactions: sjc003

Hmm. I would love to know more. They wouldn't let me put mine on hold past October 1 and I ordered Nov 21. I think this is because my original EDD window was October 22. Can you provide any more details?

Hmm. I would love to know more. They wouldn't let me put mine on hold past October 1 and I ordered Nov 21. I think this is because my original EDD window was October 22. Can you provide any more details?
Yes I was not able to hold past Nov 1st. got VIN today, but told them to hold. Estimated Delivery: October 03 - October 12

Ordered mine November 2021.

I’ve been in a two-week EDD window like two weeks ago — got no VIN.

Last week (Monday), my EDD got pushed up to November 18 - December 30.

Today, my EDD got pushed early to October 22 - November 19.

I anticipate another early push by next Monday hopefully on a two-week window and finally with an assigned VIN.

It’s been almost a year since ordered mine and I’ve waited patiently long enough.

Keep in mind that Tesla refreshes their EDDs every Monday morning at about 6AM PT. No need to stress yourself everyday unless you’re pretty close and in anticipation of a VIN.

My order: MYLR | 5-seater | White ex | Black in | 20-in induction wheels.

Ordered mine November 2021.

I’ve been in a two-week EDD window like two weeks ago — got no VIN.

Last week (Monday), my EDD got pushed up to November 18 - December 30.

Today, my EDD got pushed early to October 22 - November 19.

I anticipate another early push by next Monday hopefully on a two-week window and finally with an assigned VIN.

It’s been almost a year since ordered mine and I’ve waited patiently long enough.

Keep in mind that Tesla refreshes their EDDs every Monday morning at about 6AM PT. No need to stress yourself everyday unless you’re pretty close and in anticipation of a VIN.

My order: MYLR | 5-seater | White ex | Black in | 20-in induction wheels.
Wow! That's crazy. We ordered 1/21/22 our White/Black LR with Gemini wheels and got it last week, 9/29. Could it be the induction wheels are in short supply? My son ordered a Black/Black LR 7-seater in March, 2022, with induction wheels and was offered a similar Black LR 7-seater but, with white seats and gemini wheels and he decided to take the earlier delivery on 9/18.

Wow! That's crazy. We ordered 1/21/22 our White/Black LR with Gemini wheels and got it last week, 9/29. Could it be the induction wheels are in short supply? My son ordered a Black/Black LR 7-seater in March, 2022, with induction wheels and was offered a similar Black LR 7-seater but, with white seats and gemini wheels and he decided to take the earlier delivery on 9/18.
Could be. My cousin ordered his about same time as I did only that he has the gemini wheels. He took delivery on 9/15.

I scheduled my delivery appointment yesterday for Friday, 10/7. It says they will confirm with me before then. In everyone's experience, will I get a confirmation sooner than later? meaning maybe today or tomorrow? need to finalize my loan and insurance based on the real date.