Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New York/New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order placed - Feb 13, 2023
Model Y Long Range Dual Motor AWD
Solid Black Paint
20’’ Induction Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot

VIN Assigned - March 10, 2023
7SAYDEE2PF******
Estimated delivery - March 24-31
Pick up in Paramus
Sold 2015 MS P85D a couple weeks ago.

Wonder what the experience has been for those who picked up in NJ as far as the time it took for the new license plates and titles to arrive?

And were they sent by postal mail or UPS, FEDEX, etc.
I was transferring plates so I was just waiting for the official registration and title. About 6 days prior to expiration of my temporary registration I texted Tesla and they told me that NJ MVC was issuing registrations just prior to expiration of temporary tags and that I should wait until 48 hours prior to expiration to contact Tesla again. Since the expiration was going to be on a Sunday (today), I didn't want to wait that long. I found the general email address for Springfield on Tesla's site and sent an email on Thursday. Within a couple of hours, they replied with a UPS tracking number. I assumed it would be another temporary tag but the next day I received the official registration and title. Not sure if the holdup was on NJ MVC or Tesla and whether they would have sent it just in time if I hadn't contacted them, but it worked out for me.

I was transferring plates so I was just waiting for the official registration and title. About 6 days prior to expiration of my temporary registration I texted Tesla and they told me that NJ MVC was issuing registrations just prior to expiration of temporary tags and that I should wait until 48 hours prior to expiration to contact Tesla again. Since the expiration was going to be on a Sunday (today), I didn't want to wait that long. I found the general email address for Springfield on Tesla's site and sent an email on Thursday. Within a couple of hours, they replied with a UPS tracking number. I assumed it would be another temporary tag but the next day I received the official registration and title. Not sure if the holdup was on NJ MVC or Tesla and whether they would have sent it just in time if I hadn't contacted them, but it worked out for me.
I think its mostly Tesla that causes the delay. I hope they've gotten better. When I bought my MS in 2018 it took almost four months before I got my plates!

Thanks! I still have about ten days before I would reach out to the folks at Paramus. they didn't say how I would get them, good to know they use UPS.

Reactions: nj987
The ChargeUp NJ page says that units that are not energy star certified will not be eligible for the $250 rebate after 3/15/2023. Refer to EV Charger Incentive | Charge Up New Jersey for the rules and eligible units. It seems that all Juicebox models will continue to be eligible after the cutoff date.
Does anyone know if PSEG will pay for Charger cost? I got Tesla Wall connector Gen 3. i know they pay for installation, but how about cost of Charger?

Does anyone know if PSEG will pay for Charger cost? I got Tesla Wall connector Gen 3. i know they pay for installation, but how about cost of Charger?
Here are all the New Jersey incentives.

Here is the info from PSEG NJ

Wife ordered;
MYLR - Black - white interior - 19" wheels, 5seater
OD - 1/27
EDD was 3/22-31 for a long time, last week changed to 4/20 - 5/25

The original order was with black interior but after the last push into April, we changed to the white seats. Rather frustrating to see orders after ours with similar specs have already gotten delivered. Any guidance here?

Reactions: T3SL4YP
no they do not, there is a state rebate for chargers (not sure if tesla wall connector qualifies) and federal tax deduction again
Correct, the utility only covers the installation portion. ChargeUp NJ provides a $250 rebate on a small set of charger models, but the Tesla charger is not one of them. Also, the Tesla charger is not eligible for the off-peak charging discount. You should be able to claim a tax credit next year for 30% of the total cost of installation and charger, up to $1000.

Wife ordered;
MYLR - Black - white interior - 19" wheels, 5seater
OD - 1/27
EDD was 3/22-31 for a long time, last week changed to 4/20 - 5/25

The original order was with black interior but after the last push into April, we changed to the white seats. Rather frustrating to see orders after ours with similar specs have already gotten delivered. Any guidance here?
Move was go to performance. My order date was Feb 2 changed to MYP Feb 4 got car last Saturday.