Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Summon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

daniel

May 7, 2009
Kihei, HI
Working my way through the owner's manual. There's a section on auto-parking, but nothing about summon. I was hoping (given the excessive width of the car and the size of my garage) that it would be able to drive itself into and out of my garage. But there's nothing in the manual. (I'm getting it with EAP.) Apparently summon, which I thought was on AP1 for the Model S, is not on the Model 3???

Working my way through the owner's manual. There's a section on auto-parking, but nothing about summon. I was hoping (given the excessive width of the car and the size of my garage) that it would be able to drive itself into and out of my garage. But there's nothing in the manual. (I'm getting it with EAP.) Apparently summon, which I thought was on AP1 for the Model S, is not on the Model 3???

Correct. It should be coming soon I hope. That, WiFi, and ability to use right scroll for ap follow distance and speed are biggest "wants" for me in software updates right now.

I didn't even have cruise control on my AP2 Model X I took in Dec 2016. Inferior to my 1987 Nissan Maxima (RIP) in that respect.
No cruise control to autosteer limit of 90 on highways is a long ways. Yes not as fast as people expected but progress has been made and will continue to evolve.

My Volt's feature set that I got in October 2016 I expect to remain exactly the same to the day I turn it back in on Oct 2019.

These days everything is wireless.
I hope you are kidding.... how would you power a heating coil wirelessly.... Activation could be wireless (still highly unlikely) but you would still need high current to power the coil array in the seat. Only possible way it could be wireless is if they engeneered some sort of high current induction system to transfer the power but that would be pointless because it could all be replaced with a connector for a few bucks...

Reactions: Garrett0606
I've heard claims the hardware is there, from multiple sources** but I've never seen pictures.

Those T-sportline folks should know the answer to this, they've got those full custom seat re-upholstery(?) kits already. I've not paid much attention to them, not really in the market, but I'm pretty sure they claim not to mess with the seat heaters so they should know.

EDIT: Getting off my arse, figuratively but not literally, I figured out a search that lead me to this: Vendor - World's First Customized Model 3: Project 3X Walkthrough

No joy, is their assessment. *shrug*

** Where "sources" = "Rando people posting on the Internet". :D

Last edited:
I hope you are kidding.... how would you power a heating coil wirelessly.... Activation could be wireless (still highly unlikely) but you would still need high current to power the coil array in the seat. Only possible way it could be wireless is if they engeneered some sort of high current induction system to transfer the power but that would be pointless because it could all be replaced with a connector for a few bucks...

I'm pretty sure it was a joke.

Personally, I think that heated seats are a joke. I lived for three decades in North Dakota. I never had a car with heated seats. And my butt never got cold. My feet and hands just about froze into solid blocks of ice. I'd have given my eye teeth for a heated steering wheel. But I have no use for heated seats. I know other folks like them, but to me they are useless.

I'm pretty sure it was a joke.

Personally, I think that heated seats are a joke. I lived for three decades in North Dakota. I never had a car with heated seats. And my butt never got cold. My feet and hands just about froze into solid blocks of ice. I'd have given my eye teeth for a heated steering wheel. But I have no use for heated seats. I know other folks like them, but to me they are useless.

Yes, I actually work wireless stuff :)

Also I'm from Finland and now living in Seattle. In general the weather is too hot in here, but still I enjoy the heated seats on my cars when it gets close to freezing.

Heated seats are pretty much free, power-wise. If you can use the seats instead of cranking up the cabin heat, you'll have that much more range. And the heat from your more-toasty-now butt will spread...

Heated seats are pretty much free, power-wise. If you can use the seats instead of cranking up the cabin heat, you'll have that much more range. And the heat from your more-toasty-now butt will spread...
Normally that's not how it works. If it's worthy of turning on the seat then you'll need to run at least some cabin heat to keep the fog off the windshield.