Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AFAIK 93 kWh is the total capacity.
If you get the 21 inch wheels with 265 tires, it drops to 325 (and the Taycan has even wider tires). And in practice people get less than that. Similarly, the Model 3 P+ with the 20 inch wheels gets nowhere near the rated 310 miles in practice.

Point taken on the battery size, but it's only 7% smaller yet 27% less range. What's that about?

Agree on range differences vs real world, but I noticed the Taycan has 5 wheel options from 20 to 21". So I have to assume not all of those wheels get the "full" range with the Taycan either.

Posted this on another thread already, but it's too funny to not share here too. This is my "favorite" Taycan feature. Maybe Porsche hired an ex-BMW engineer? :p

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    304.1 KB · Views: 196
Point taken on the battery size, but it's only 7% smaller yet 27% less range. What's that about?

Agree on range differences vs real world, but I noticed the Taycan has 5 wheel options from 20 to 21". So I have to assume not all of those wheels get the "full" range with the Taycan either.

Model X 90D has a usable capacity of ~83kWh, and an EPA range of 257.

The Taycan has terrible efficiency, and anyone stating differently is trying to sell you something.

at this price point, why wouldn't you get a 2020 roadster? (assuming it comes out on time, and is all that is claimed to be, and beats the taycan on the track)

I don't think the roadster will be as comfortable or quiet as Taycan. I think Taycan is aimed at Panamera folks who want an EV, and Panamera is aimed at S-class or 7-series. Interior quality is very important for majority of buyers in that market. Efficiency probably less so.

Posted this on another thread already, but it's too funny to not share here too. This is my "favorite" Taycan feature. Maybe Porsche hired an ex-BMW engineer? :p

Like all good jokes this is hilarious because there is so much truth to it. Speaking of which someone leaving a recent C&C here had the sound of an old muscle car playing through the stereo as they were leaving - pretty cool.

Check out the new article on the Porsche Taycan. At $150K plus fees for the base model and the Turbo upgraded Model at $185K that will leave many want to be Porsche owners out of luck.
https://jalopnik.com/the-750-hp-202...tter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2019-09-04

I don't think Turbo is the base model. If we look at typical Porsche lineup, I would expect the following Taycan lineup eventually, in the order of price.

Taycan
Taycan S
Taycan GTS
Taycan Turbo
Taycan Turbo S

We may even see limited edition Taycan, since Porsche is very good at making limited edition cars. But the above 5 are the variance I would expect, with Taycan baseline likely in the $80K range.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
2 gears on the rear motor (in order to get higher top speed and more punch at higher speeds). I hope they've tested their system thoroughly. The first few Tesla Roadsters ever built had that but it kept breaking thanks to that instant torque from the electric drive...

Otherwisew must say I'm impressed with this car. 80/96kWh batteries and 800V system with a supposed DC chargeing of 350kW. Like I said in my 2015 post in this thread (3rd or 4th from the top): I'd like to see that cable. I'd also like to see the thermal management on the batteries... Come to think of it, one reason why the price is so high is that Porsche know that some of those who buy this car are going to race it hard on tracks, and it might be that they'll need battery replacement often... under warranty.

Edit: Saw the German review, he said DC-charging will peak at 270 kW. So with an 800V system (Tesla has about a 480V system) it's comparable to Tesla SC in terms of Amperage.

Last edited: