Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having the choice of what 2 apps to use and where they are has been a favorite feature for us. Like others I've kept the rear camera on top (with either media or maps on the bottom) and find it very beneficial, particularly given the somewhat poor view via mirrors. I really miss the rear camera when I'm in rental cars or my truck.

I'm staying on v8 until v9 is fixed.

Having the choice of what 2 apps to use and where they are has been a favorite feature for us. Like others I've kept the rear camera on top (with either media or maps on the bottom) and find it very beneficial, particularly given the somewhat poor view via mirrors. I really miss the rear camera when I'm in rental cars or my truck.

I'm staying on v8 until v9 is fixed.
Agree. I'm baffled at some of this. V9 loses my favourite setups. And looking at the dash to see a redline if a car is in my blind spot (when I should be checking my blind spot over my shoulder) doesn't make up for it.

Reactions: jlarmstr and gavine
I have repeatedly stated that the complaint is valid for the individual. Just the constant new threads of the same topic. And posts stating opinions as fact. Especially when it’s an opinion that is not shared by all but stated as if it were.

I don't see how a loss is called opinions and not fact!

It's true that many people don't care about a loss but a loss itself is a fact.

When people realized that the foldable second-row seats won't be possible at the final production for Model X, they complained that was a loss of the feature that was clearly presented prior.

It's true that many people didn't care whether a seat would fold or not and many people just could not understand why a seat needs to fold in the first place.

But those complaints were not an opinion. It was a fact that the feature was lost at the final production and Tesla later remedied the issue.

Prior to V9, I'm able to configure:

1) Rear view camera on top half
2) Third party map like waze on a browser on the bottom half or TeslaWinds.com in its place.

With V9, there are many good features but a loss of the above configuration is fact, not fiction.

They will not downgrade believe me I've tried on 2 past occasions when I had software issues with my car!
The lauchmode / counter gate issue 3 months after delivery that i had a large reduction in power for 6 months and more recently the audio quality issue where premium audio went bad. My conclusion Software updates are BADo_O and I always avoid them until they are proven safe without issues...

Manual downgrades you can do yourself are probably 2 or 3 weeks away. Right now you'd probably need to make a backup of your own car to restore from rather than just running a downgrade button on the MCU, but there are some announcements coming in the near future that will probably make it possible for anyone with MCU1 to do this.

Othe titles for this thread that were considered:

"This driver put his rear camera stickied on top. Tesla engineers hate him!"
"Photoshop didn't exist back then so these v9 pictures must be real."
"I complained to executive escalation about the new UI. Here's what happened."
Or .....
"Musk attemps to accelerate Tesla purchases - Configures V9 irreversible, but late model 2019 Cars will WILL offer reverse camera on top"
Just think what a genious Musk is; For the significant # of owners that seriously despise - & would rather unload their car for a new Top mounted reverse camera model car, w/ the older UI - supply & demand, there's going to be a lot more used/cheap Tesla's on the road.
o_O

... but there are some announcements coming in the near future that will probably make it possible for anyone with MCU1 to do this.

Announcements you say? How mysterious and titillating...

ysGDgZU.gif

41w0y

• Funny
Reactions: thecloud
I have to receive v9 but would a pull up of the camera like you could with the browser satisfy most people? That is a super easy fix I would imagine.

Not really, the always on nav/map is also annoying. The two panel approach was really ideal because it could be so easily configured to satisfy a broad set of users.

Here it the order of my app usage from most to least used:

1. Camera All the time
2. Media All the time
3. Phone - maybe 10% of the time I am in the car
4. Nav/Map - 2% of the time, I usually already know how to get where I want to go.
5. Calendar - never
6. Browser - useless, even in V9

So with two panel I could keep my two most used apps on the screen at the same time. Featuring the nav/map is a huge waste of screen space for me.

So quick update for those that want to stay on v8, are staged (have v9 downloaded) for update, and don't want to continually have to cancel out the install... talked to mobile service that said the way to remove it is to hit install, and then start driving for 20-30 minutes. install will error out and won't prompt you again.
Somebody else try this. I'm chicken.:)

So quick update for those that want to stay on v8, are staged (have v9 downloaded) for update, and don't want to continually have to cancel out the install... talked to mobile service that said the way to remove it is to hit install, and then start driving for 20-30 minutes. install will error out and won't prompt you again.
I'm just getting ready to leave. So tempted to try this. I'll report back.

I will be trying this in about 30 min.
Oh thank God. I chickened out with 30 seconds left. I can see where it might work because It’s not going to install the update while you’re driving. I think. But I don’t really trust what Tesla employees say in general. Maybe it would install after I parked, but I doubt it. I just really don’t want Version 9 installed at this point in it’s development.

• Funny
Reactions: Trebek1762
One feature that I definitely love S or X is the rear view camera. It covers the blindspot in one glance.
If this is taken, I would be very disappointed. In fact, I am waiting for Model 3 to get split screen so that navigation map and camera can be shown simultaneously.

Now the update notice will be annoying every time I hop in...