Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Problem solved in 2018.42. App flexibility restored. Nav still might be in background but apps can float over it and be moved as desired.

Do you know that for a fact? When he said point release what did he mean? We are currently on V9.0 2018.39.7

If you use the version format: V<version>.<point> <year>.<week>.<build> <hash>

We are point release 0. It could be a long time before we get to V9.1

ANY app can float where you want? Specifically, cam (obviously) but browser/energy as well? And two apps (where 1 is NOT maps) too?

"You can now use the Calendar, Energy, Rear Camera, and Phone applications at the same time as Media Player. When Media Player is open, these applications display above the Media Player window and can be dragged up or down to adjust the viewing position."

• Helpful
Reactions: MP3Mike
Problem solved in 2018.42. App flexibility restored. Nav still might be in background but apps can float over it and be moved as desired.
Hmmmm, can you post a vid, please?

Edit: sorry, didn't realize there was another page. Great news!

Interesting, I'm sitting in a service center waiting on a tire replacement and none of the showroom cars have been updated to V9. Was hoping to play with it a bit

"You can now use the Calendar, Energy, Rear Camera, and Phone applications at the same time as Media Player. When Media Player is open, these applications display above the Media Player window and can be dragged up or down to adjust the viewing position."

/sigh so still not worth the update for me then, camera full screen top and browser on the bottom is how I drive the car, waze is invaluable. Hopeful this is a stop-gap measure and flippable split screen is restored in a future version of 9.

Still haven't updated to v. 9 because of the rear camera....

Question: Does the rear view camera come back after I start up the car again? Or do you have to open up the camera every time I start driving?

Thanks for your response.

As mentioned, your app configuration is retained between uses. However, if you do anything that expands the Media app to its largest size (which happens if you perform any access to USB media), the camera will be closed and you must re-open it.