Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope just EDD pushbacks.
MYP Blue/Black, Tow, No FSD
OD 10/22

I felt bad about my MYP wait time every time I saw someone getting their car but ordering 2 months after me (esp for people who live way further from Fremont than we do). You were 15 days ahead of me. You must be even more frustrated.
It was a long ride. Just received my vin yesterday hopefully you get yours soon too!

Reactions: bsdx
It was a long ride. Just received my vin yesterday hopefully you get yours soon too!
Congrats on getting yours. An SA at the Kierland store told me my delivery should be around the 27th, but the start of my window was 2/16 when he told me. Noe it's 2/20. Out of curiosity what tires and heated wiper options are they speccing for us here? While it's hot here, I do like to go up to Flagstaff. I'm hoping we don't get shortchanged on that option. I don't care about the tires as I'm switching to 19" rims and tires when it arrives and selling the stock ones.

Wonder if you are the one with the earliest MYP order and no delivery, yet? 11/24 OD here.

It’s really frustrating seeing people take delivery of your same spec that ordered months after you. No rhyme or reason it seems.
If it makes you feel any better we ordered my wife’s White Model Y Performance in July 2021 and won’t receive it until March 16th. Still no VIN but this is what the local service center told me.

Ordered a MYP on 2/10/22 snd got a delivery date of 2/28/22!

Because everybody here pointed out to me that the AMD-based infotainment computer and the lithium-ion battery are now being seen, I canceled delivery and put it on pause because it’s an Intel base unit.

I just can’t see spending 70 grand for a car only to have them give me the prior technology.

(and the Intel-based head unit in my model three is so slow it’s hard to believe… Especially when browsing the Internet.)

My understanding is that I have 90 days to resume my order and that I would get the next model Y performance that was available.
What configuration did you order?

I received my vin on 2/8 and I have delivery scheduled for March 1st , Raleigh NC idk why it takes so long I see other east coast people get Vins and schedule delivery within like 14 days

I’m picking up in Raleigh too. Got my VIN 2/10 and was scheduled for 2/25 pickup but got a text yesterday it would be 2/26. I can’t make the 3 hour trip to Raleigh on the 26th for work reasons, so now I’m scheduled for 2/28. On 2/11 I was told my MYP was on a train in California

Reactions: Jccope64
Ordered a MYP on 2/10/22 snd got a delivery date of 2/28/22!

Because everybody here pointed out to me that the AMD-based infotainment computer and the lithium-ion battery are now being seen, I canceled delivery and put it on pause because it’s an Intel base unit.

I just can’t see spending 70 grand for a car only to have them give me the prior technology.

(and the Intel-based head unit in my model three is so slow it’s hard to believe… Especially when browsing the Internet.)

My understanding is that I have 90 days to resume my order and that I would get the next model Y performance that was available.
Just know that 90 days is from your OD and not your HOLD date

Reactions: GBMaryland
I’m picking up in Raleigh too. Got my VIN 2/10 and was scheduled for 2/25 pickup but got a text yesterday it would be 2/26. I can’t make the 3 hour trip to Raleigh on the 26th for work reasons, so now I’m scheduled for 2/28. On 2/11 I was told my MYP was on a train in California
Nothing is cut and dry. I ordered a Model Y on November 4(I think) and was given a hold date of February 27th. That's way more than 3 months.

At the same time, I know someone that ordered one in mid-December and they refused to put it on hold for more than 30 days. I'd just call them as soon as you order and ask them to put it on hold as long as possible - you'll just need to go online and let them know you are ready for delivery before that date is up.

Oddly my cars hold screen recently changed. It used to say 'your hold will expire February 27th'. It now shows the below - no date is show, but I was sent an email saying that if I don't unhold it by the 27th the order will be cancelled....

1645283659784.png

Yea, that really blows. Especially seeing all these people getting their deliveries on the east coast in less than a month when the cars are literally built in our backyard haha
Totally!

....and another delay. Woke up this morning with a 5 day push + back to a full 30 day window: 2/22 - 3/22. It's got to be the trade in as I followed everything else to a T (profile completion, cash, etc.) My trade in also expired just yesterday and I put in the new mileage and got an updated quote the same day. So being quick there likely still doesn't help.

My SA had told me in early February that she saw me matched to a 2/23 build, which is still in the window, but seems highly unlikely to be since the EDD range is still a full 30 days and pushed several times in the last 10 days.

Totally!

....and another delay. Woke up this morning with a 5 day push + back to a full 30 day window: 2/22 - 3/22. It's got to be the trade in as I followed everything else to a T (profile completion, cash, etc.) My trade in also expired just yesterday and I put in the new mileage and got an updated quote the same day. So being quick there likely still doesn't help.

My SA had told me in early February that she saw me matched to a 2/23 build, which is still in the window, but seems highly unlikely to be since the EDD range is still a full 30 days and pushed several times in the last 10 days.
I wouldn’t try to assume why or why the date didn’t push out. Well, at least I did, ha! Back when my window was between January and the beginning of February, I was in the Tesla store and asked and they looked and said “mine is in production” and should be delivered by the 1st week of February. I don’t have a trade in (never have), and have been marked to pay cash. It’s pushed 3 times since with my date into March. Nobody knows but the production line when you will get your car, and maybe the algo is just to mess with people. Elon is a strange guy… 😂

• Funny
Reactions: sip49
Totally!

The trade in renewal is pushing your order back, likely. That happened to mine and a few others’ orders.

Reactions: sip49
I guess the question is how long should I let it hold for before I tell them to take it off of hold?

And I sort of wonder at what point in time Tesla will get pissed off at me, or realize that I am holding out for a specific variant?

They cannot force you to take something you don't want. This is on them for not having a normal model year cycle. Most people won't even know what chip they just bought anyway so don't feel bad because the VIN you gave up will get gobbled up gladly by the next person in line. I would not have known either if I were not a member of various Model Y user groups and sub-Reddits where we are able to find out that they are swapping back in old parts to unsuspecting buyers.

I already have a MYLR so I have no problem waiting until I get assigned an AMD MYP.

Reactions: GBMaryland
The refresh game is still going. I noticed that the app went from “We’re building your car” to “check back later”. Is that a sign that it is getting closer to the destination? I know it’s at least loaded on the train. Should be in transit by now.
Just got delivery text. The SC that I wanted to pick up from is only doing home delivery. Account pulled up my work address. All good. Delivery is set for the 27th 8-12. DFW.

Reactions: bsdx