Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Scan My Tesla, a CANBUS reader for Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More data than it can handle without some overflow or loss issue?
IIRC OBDLink* devices support a lot of packets/sec and rarely have complaints in various threads I've seen.
I use Android so I have the OBDLink LX.

SMT suggestions: scan my tesla - Adapters

UX1cdOo.jpg

It appears to all work fine now after going back in and selecting M3/Y instead of S/X. Clearly the app needs to be updated.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
Hey all, I just started using SMT again, beta version. I am confused as to how to record data currently. My interpretation is that I need more than just SMT and an OBDII adapter now? I thought there was a way to do it natively in SMT and record the data straight to the phone using just a blutooth OBDII adapter. Have things changed?

Hey all, I just started using SMT again, beta version. I am confused as to how to record data currently. My interpretation is that I need more than just SMT and an OBDII adapter now? I thought there was a way to do it natively in SMT and record the data straight to the phone using just a blutooth OBDII adapter. Have things changed?
Bottom right, the big red button starts the recording. Stores on the phone.

• Helpful
As seen in the following post from wk057, he is able to read the insulation resistance, internal resistance, capacity of each brick and SOC of each brick. Is it known how this can be done? I assume this is calculated and stored in de BMS.

2013 MS 85 upgrade to MCU2 then HV battery problem

Are these values also accessible with Toolbox (never worked with it)? Are there maybe known CAN UDS commands to read them?

Would be very helpful to determine pack health.

CANserver here: CANserver and manual: CANserverManual · joshwardell/CANserver Wiki

From ScanMyTesla site: scan my tesla - Adapters
It points to the CANServer shop: CANserver [For Android and IOS beta versions, you can also use]
FYI, from another car forum, I saw that VGate carries some OBDII adapters and wasn't sure if they'd be an alternative to OBDLINK ones.
I haven't used. Just passing this on.

Manufacturer Part Number ‎vLinker MC+ BLE4.0
ASIN B088LW211V

wdNa4AB.jpg

Exaa92n.jpg

Hey all,
As I reported in another thread recently, I've had some weird behavior with my October 2017 S75 battery lately.
I was directed to this thread, to find out specifics of what to look for in SMT to understand the health of the battery. Something about CAC imbalance and overall voltages? I'm not sure what these are or how to pull them from SMT.

Are there instructions or is there a FAQ or wiki that describes how to do this? Thanks!

EDIT: I use the Android version of the app. Just recently installed version 1.9.12

Hey all,
As I reported in another thread recently, I've had some weird behavior with my October 2017 S75 battery lately.
I was directed to this thread, to find out specifics of what to look for in SMT to understand the health of the battery. Something about CAC imbalance and overall voltages? I'm not sure what these are or how to pull them from SMT.

Are there instructions or is there a FAQ or wiki that describes how to do this? Thanks!

EDIT: I use the Android version of the app. Just recently installed version 1.9.12
The very first post here has links with instructions.

I selected the correct car model (S/X), and turns out that's actually the problem - once I switch to 3/Y (even though I have a S), the #s are much more reasonable now.

@paulchou

Or anyone else...

Do you have a refresh MS? I sold my old MS 85 and need guidance on what to buy (adapter cable and reader) and where to plug it in.

I really like SMT and would like to use it again even though the refresh battery seems so much better than the 85 packs.

@paulchou

Or anyone else...

Do you have a refresh MS? I sold my old MS 85 and need guidance on what to buy (adapter cable and reader) and where to plug it in.

I really like SMT and would like to use it again even though the refresh battery seems so much better than the 85 packs.
Yes I have the refreshed MS (built Jan 2022). I researched SMT connection options and ultimately decided on the S3XY buttons not just for the buttons, but more so for the cable/commander that it came with for connecting to SMT. Killing two birds with one stone, if you will.

As for where to plug in, it's under the console cover (the magnetic charging ports). There are two cables - one for connecting to Toolbox and the other for ODB2. Whole thing took about 5 minutes.

The process for connecting to the commander is included in the S3XY buttons, essentially you:

1) connect to "S3XY_OBD" WIFI w/ password
2) from SMT choose settings-> wifi/Panda
3) load SMT

Oh lastly, don't forget to reboot Tesla afterwards. Ask me how I know. :)

The only link I see in that first post, that might have information about this, takes me to the SMT homepage. I've searched the homepage several times and can't find any instructions on how to find anything related to "CAC" or "CAC impalances".
Does this post help:
DpUUkZB.jpg

Does this post help:
DpUUkZB.jpg
It sort of helps. I had actually found that thread too, but it does not say how to get those CAC numbers in the first place. I use the SMT app on Android, and I don't see CAC (min, imbalance, or avg) anywhere in the app on any tab, even after waiting several minutes for it to "calculate". I guess I'll go over and ask in that thread, but was directed to put my questions in this thread.

It sort of helps. I had actually found that thread too, but it does not say how to get those CAC numbers in the first place. I use the SMT app on Android, and I don't see CAC (min, imbalance, or avg) anywhere in the app on any tab, even after waiting several minutes for it to "calculate". I guess I'll go over and ask in that thread, but was directed to put my questions in this thread.
I have been wondering the same thing, I'm using the Android version, and not the beta version of the app. I also have an older car, a 2016 S90D. @amund7 is CAC a data point only found in the iOS version of SMT?

I have been wondering the same thing, I'm using the Android version, and not the beta version of the app. I also have an older car, a 2016 S90D. @amund7 is CAC a data point only found in the iOS version of SMT?
My guess its a 3/Y feature and as someone pointed out above possibly available in Refresh S/X but maybe SMT didn't catch up to it yet...

For kicks, i switched mine to 3/Y and got CAC to show up but obviously with bogus/unavailable data...

1687028150245.png

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne