Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Summon 2019.20.0.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is like a double kick in the nuts today:

1. Confirmation that early FSD buyers are never getting early access invites,
2. A new build going out to early access members with the feature I've been waiting for, for so damned long.
I'm pretty sure you have to get invited into early access program via email before you will get any early access builds.... I have no idea if that offer has gone out to all early FSD buyers, or if there are some additional criteria regarding who they send it to.

p
So you don't think it will evolve to call the car from the front door of your job or store?

maybe, but i’m not exactly on pins and needs for this version of it. I’d rather tesla focus on letting me pay to upgrade my maps/data and sound system because i made the mistake of buying a sr+ paying up for paint and rims instead of doing the smart and sensible thing and buying the LR AWD in black with the aero rims. :D

Sort of wish i went on these forums before buying it but it was basically an impulse buy... (i knew i wanted a tesla, but then i realized how cheap they were and the fact that you didn’t need to wait a year and a half and put down a deposit immediately). I regret it but i don’t.

I'm pretty sure you have to get invited into early access program via email before you will get any early access builds.... I have no idea if that offer has gone out to all early FSD buyers, or if there are some additional criteria regarding who they send it to.

They publicly committed to inviting all early FSD buyers and have since changed their mind, because their early and loyal customers are not worth keeping loyal.

• Love
Reactions: MrMannnilow
got to have a lot of faith in the cars ability to use advanced summon... honestly if it takes longer to use that it would to walk to the car what’s the point. Parlor Trick....

It's like a Valet service. Drop the pin by the exit when you're done with dinner and standing up from the table, and the car will meet you there. Good if it's raining or you had to park far away.

Reactions: electrictorque
It's like a Valet service. Drop the pin by the exit when you're done with dinner and standing up from the table, and the car will meet you there. Good if it's raining or you had to park far away.
Would you really trust this system if the car is far away and you can't see the surroundings clearly?

I don't really understand why people are so eager to get this quickly. I'm very happy to let others do the testing. :p

Something similar to this has been around for a while. I remember a ModelX owner telling me that when he went to the showroom to look at cars, they had a ModelX that would meet them autonomously in the parking garage for test rides

They publicly committed to inviting all early FSD buyers and have since changed their mind, because their early and loyal customers are not worth keeping loyal.

I don’t see the big issue. I’m a FSD guy, and honestly I don’t give a crap about this update. Enhanced Summon is a kind of cool trick, but it’s ultimately kind of useless in most use cases, so whatever. I don’t mind not having the latest and greatest update immediately, waiting a few weeks isn’t exactly a burden. The only update that matters for FSD is when/if they get FSD working period and call us in to upgrade the cars. When that starts happening i’ll Start getting antsy about waiting for an upgrade. Otherwise, stuff like enhanced summon is pretty pointless beyond showing off to people in carefully controlled circumstances, IMO. Until FSD is actually working and Tesla is confident enough to take on the liability for any accidents/collisions Enhanced Summon is pretty much useless since I don’t think any rational person would let the car drive itself without constant eyes on it.

I don’t see the big issue. I’m a FSD guy, and honestly I don’t give a crap about this update. Enhanced Summon is a kind of cool trick, but it’s ultimately kind of useless in most use cases, so whatever. I don’t mind not having the latest and greatest update immediately, waiting a few weeks isn’t exactly a burden. The only update that matters for FSD is when/if they get FSD working period and call us in to upgrade the cars. When that starts happening i’ll Start getting antsy about waiting for an upgrade. Otherwise, stuff like enhanced summon is pretty pointless beyond showing off to people in carefully controlled circumstances, IMO. Until FSD is actually working and Tesla is confident enough to take on the liability for any accidents/collisions Enhanced Summon is pretty much useless since I don’t think any rational person would let the car drive itself without constant eyes on it.

FSD won't be a reality anytime soon. The current state is way too far from it.

The only update that matters for FSD is when/if they get FSD working period and call us in to upgrade the cars. When that starts happening i’ll Start getting antsy about waiting for an upgrade.

It’s a near certainty that those of us who paid early and are waiting for the hardware upgrade will be among the last to actually get to use any features that require HW3.