Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The anticipation and winding each other up is at least half the fun! :D

More like 79.9% of the fun. For the fellow nerds on this site I will verify that I have run the numbers. It IS 79.9%

For those with emotions ranging from LOL to outrage at our anticipation of a small dog biscuit thrown our way.....remember we paid thousands for EAP FSD (the F is for full) which was accompanied by assurances at the time that Elon's words (tweets that have proven to get him in trouble) were imminent release. OK...buyer beware and no whining about this. OK...don't resent Elon..I won't..just disappointed in the words.

So the FUN is fun and a way to shrug our shoulders and be patient (because we have to) in the long run. There is an amount of Pavlov's dogs in this whole thing for owners (I have gone through update anticipation since my first Model S in 2012) as we do our Snoopy Happy Dance when the clock shows up on our big screen leading to more cool stuff added to our great ride.

So yeah....The tech stuff is cool to read here...particularly when one tech post is invalidated by another. Still fun. And throwing gasoline on each other is fun too as we await our little dog biscuit V9 (does it really exist or is it a cruel joke by others?) . Fun is fun.

Make sure you check the app in a little bit and tell us if it got V9!

We have had many false alarms. If you're not already on 36.2, then that's likely what the SC just pushed to the car. Moreover, the SC oftentimes does NOT install the update, and leaves it up to YOU to push the yellow clock to install the update - - might be a long wait.

We have had many false alarms. If you're not already on 36.2, then that's likely what the SC just pushed to the car. Moreover, the SC oftentimes does NOT install the update, and leaves it up to YOU to push the yellow clock to install the update - - might be a long wait.
And even if you are on 36.2, they may just be reinstalling it. I got a notification at 2am when my car was in the SC, and it was just reinstalling 36.2.

• Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA
I bought my car at the beginning of September and I absolutely love this excitement! All the haters...give everyone a break! There isn’t a lot to get excited about in life, let this be a reason!!

I am a new owner too. I am excited every day when I drive my Model 3. I can't wait to get V9. From the videos, it looks to be a great update. I tune out the haters. :p

Reactions: Bebop and wesley888
Why is the car not going back to the right lane after overtaking slower traffic? At the end you get the same result as if you positioned the car to the most left lane from the start.

There will be a lots of tickets at least in Europe for this stupid behavior, as we are usually not allowed in the other lanes than the right one when not overtaking (unless in a city).

IMHO once they got the the cars in surrounding lanes modeled correctly in the NN (which they seem to manage really well given this is the first release), changing the software for different strategies (like trying to keep as far to the right as possible) is a minor thing. I am positive they´ll do this before sending the update to Europe etc. You might even have a switch in addition to the aggressiveness that lets you select the strategy where law doesn´t dictate one.

So I read this whole thread and I’m keeping up with it but I am still not sure I understand how the confirmation of lane change works in v9.... as those that have the 3 and the x/s might have noticed we need to turn off the blinker when using auto lane change, as opposed to the 3 that turns it off after lane change. Why is the v9 nav on autopilot different other than the car recommending the lane change vs me choosing (i understand the other differences such as blind spot and such but curious on the lane change part)?

Thank you to those that already have it and are sharing it with us :)

Tesla is undoubtedly going to fix bugs and tweak the update between now and the version that goes out to the general public. So the version that does go out to everybody will be even better than what we are seeing now.

That's a pretty unstable release process. If you fix more than minor bugs between a beta test and a full release, you're releasing untested software.

What bugs have we heard about in 39.3? Because that should be all they are fixing, not adding whole AP features or UI functions.

Why is the v9 nav on autopilot different other than the car recommending the lane change vs me choosing (i understand the other differences such as blind spot and such but curious on the lane change part)?

It's not different. Initial release of V9 will just suggest a lane change to you. You have to actuate the blinker manually and then the AP will change lanes like it does now. Zero increase to autonomy.

That's a pretty unstable release process. If you fix more than minor bugs between a beta test and a full release, you're releasing untested software.

What bugs have we heard about in 39.3? Because that should be all they are fixing, not adding whole AP features or UI functions.

I have not heard of any bugs in 39.3 but bugs are not uncommon in any software release. So, it is likely that there are a couple bugs.

No, Tesla is not going to add a whole new AP feature or UI function between now and the general release. But I do think they might tweak the existing "Navigate on AP". I personally think it is very likely that Tesla will put the auto lane change without confirmation back in at some point in a future version. That would not be adding a new feature since we know the feature was in the initial 39.0 version. It would just be tweaking it and re-releasing it.