Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.42.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NOA has been very underwhelming. Was really excited to finally try it. Used it all day for the first time and it drives like a grandma even on mad max mode which made some situations kind of dangerous. The lack of aggressiveness is what makes it not so great. I’m guessing you gotta keep using it to make it better.

Reactions: outdoors
NOA really needs an "alternative routes" option like Waze. On my commute the GPS consistently chooses a slower route. Of course NOA tries very hard ro take that route. I tend to be on an inside fast lane at that point intending to ignore the lane change suggestion for the misguided exit and let it recalculate once we pass it. But now it will still aggressively brake just before the exit, thinking you still want to go that way.

If lane change were automatic I could not use it on my commute.

Plus here in the midwest, I've only seen it signal/move to the exit lane once. I've never seen it merge by itself (or even try) when getting on the interstate. That seems to vary from one entrance/exit to another, perhaps by location. This is very much the exception when that happens.

Check if you still have "Dolby" or "Immersive Sound" still toggled on. Mine was off after the v9 update.

It switched to Immersive sound early after v9 install and switched back to Dolby surround. However, dolby sucks now.. bass response and sound fullness is completely lost. Bass sounds much better with it off. They changed the sliders back to 12 instead of 10, but sound overall has degraded in this version IMO.

Reactions: Jan Fiala
I agree with one of the previous posts. I wanted the NoA to be automatic and thought driver confirmation was neutering it and nothing better than what we have had.
BUT as another has said if it was automatic there is no way I would get to my destination. It try’s to make several incorrect changes and routes to be effective. I love playing wit it and experimenting but sometimes it takes so much work to keep making AP do what I want ie: helping accelerate when it try’s to slow for a lane change while I’m ahead of cars, constantly bumping the speed back up or down every time it gets to some point or area or a curve, or my favorite because it can’t see blinkers AP is rude and won’t let someone gently slide in front of me. It accelerates and closes the gap. So I disconnect and then reconnect again. And many other things as you know that need constant attention while your driving on AP.
Not even counting the nags!
Some days it’s just less stressful and more relaxing to settle in and just drive.
I love AP and I know it will eventually be awesome. But we’re still getting there. And of course it matters what city and where your using it. In the Dense hwy system and traffic here in the Dallas Fort Worth area it isn’t always so great.

I agree with one of the previous posts. I wanted the NoA to be automatic and thought driver confirmation was neutering it and nothing better than what we have had.
BUT as another has said if it was automatic there is no way I would get to my destination. It try’s to make several incorrect changes and routes to be effective. I love playing wit it and experimenting but sometimes it takes so much work to keep making AP do what I want ie: helping accelerate when it try’s to slow for a lane change while I’m ahead of cars, constantly bumping the speed back up or down every time it gets to some point or area or a curve, or my favorite because it can’t see blinkers AP is rude and won’t let someone gently slide in front of me. It accelerates and closes the gap. So I disconnect and then reconnect again. And many other things as you know that need constant attention while your driving on AP.
Not even counting the nags!
Some days it’s just less stressful and more relaxing to settle in and just drive.
I love AP and I know it will eventually be awesome. But we’re still getting there. And of course it matters what city and where your using it. In the Dense hwy system and traffic here in the Dallas Fort Worth area it isn’t always so great.
For those of us in the rest of the world that don't have NoA yet, I thank you for helping train it for us. I'm sure all of you that are more adventurous and use it often and help contribute to the 10 million miles or whatever they need for unassisted lane change are what will make it decent by the time we get it.

For those of us in the rest of the world that don't have NoA yet, I thank you for helping train it for us. I'm sure all of you that are more adventurous and use it often and help contribute to the 10 million miles or whatever they need for unassisted lane change are what will make it decent by the time we get it.
At least you guys are getting V9 over there. It's still being withheld in Switzerland without any explanation.

As is..I won’t be able to use NoA on automatic lane change mode unless it makes HUGE strides. Several segments of my commute NoA demands to leave the HOV lanes to slower lanes to just re-enter after several miles. No rhyme or reason but the same occurrence every time. I have reported it but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ who knows when that’ll be fixed.

One of my expressway transitions leaves the HOV lane and crosses 4 lanes of heavy traffic within 3/4 of a mile. NoA is NOT capable of this 4 lane transition at this point and creates a serious traffic hazard.

Unless some major improvements are made I’ll have to leave “automatic lane change” off once it is available. So sad

Reactions: outdoors and croman
As is..I won’t be able to use NoA on automatic lane change mode unless it makes HUGE strides. Several segments of my commute NoA demands to leave the HOV lanes to slower lanes to just re-enter after several miles. No rhyme or reason but the same occurrence every time. I have reported it but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ who knows when that’ll be fixed.

One of my expressway transitions leaves the HOV lane and crosses 4 lanes of heavy traffic within 3/4 of a mile. NoA is NOT capable of this 4 lane transition at this point and creates a serious traffic hazard.

Unless some major improvements are made I’ll have to leave “automatic lane change” off once it is available. So sad
That's very sad, but I understand where you're coming from. To be honest, even without NoA, sometimes it feels like I'm playing frogger when driving with autopilot on a freeway and doing lots of lane changes...

BTW this is why it should have a special UI for S/X.

2pCex7Z.jpg

Lucky you. It was like 8 degC, 70% humidity. I've tried couple of times during the ride - once I push "airflow up" (upper left button). Fog disappears. After switching to Auto, the button (for a while) stays grayed and blue, then it switches to gray (off) and fogging reappears. Turning it on again (climate goes to "manual") makes the fogging disappear again.
I haven't noticed it with 32.4 (the one I had for last 2 months) but maybe there just was no "suitable" weather so far.
Quite annoying if you ask.

• Informative
Reactions: Chaz
Have you noticed, that the amp draw during charging as displayed in the Tesla app (or any other remote access app) is always one amp less of the actual charging (as set and shown in the car)? So the car charges with 24 A and shows this rating in the car but the app shows 23 A...

• Helpful
Reactions: Art VandeIay
Have you noticed, that the amp draw during charging as displayed in the Tesla app (or any other remote access app) is always one amp less of the actual charging (as set and shown in the car)? So the car charges with 24 A and shows this rating in the car but the app shows 23 A...

That is just one error that the latest V9 update has caused under the "charging" tab on the app. I hope they get it fixed with the next app update since it seems to be the case with all iterations of V9 so far.

Reactions: Art VandeIay
Is the location sharing from the app to the car working right now? I'm constantly getting following error when sharing location to the Tesla app.:

There was a problem sending the location to your vehicle. Please try again later.

When using Dashboard for Tesla to send the location to the car, the following error appears.:

Failed due to unsupported input, shared content must contain a destination.

I'm pretty sure that I'm sharing the destination, not the navigation route. Just opened Google Maps, long hold anywhere on the map till the pin comes up and then just selected share and Tesla (or Dashboard for Tesla).

I've had the chance to use NoA a few times so far on 2018.42.2. Each time it took the Interstate exit as expected - automatically turning on the turn signal and exiting to the off-ramp.

I tried Mad Max mode and it suggested passing a vehicle when they were about 5-10mph slower than my set speed. However, once in the left lane it seemed to want to stay there even though both lanes were open. I hit the right turn signal to push it back to the right lane.

Mad Max suggested I pass as I came up on a slower truck near my exit. With only one mile before the exit - I wasn't sure if I had the time given the set speed difference so I stayed in the right lane. It probably would have made it - but I don't like passing someone and then slowing down to exit in front of them (but that is probably expected for Mad Max). As the exit approached, the truck turned into the left lane and the car sped up when I would normally start to decelerate. As soon as the exit lane opened - it took the exit and started to decelerate and provided a countdown to when auto pilot would disengage.

It has some great potential. These were pretty basic exit ramps and seemed to handle those fine.

• Informative
Reactions: conman
My bluetooth does not auto connect my phone like it did in prior versions. In the past when I get in the car my iPhone would just connect. It could be the New iPhone Xs with iOS 12 which happened at around the same time. I did have to remove my old phone and connect the new phone at that time. I think if I wake up my iPhone before getting in the car it may connect on it's own but not sure if consistent. But it if I bring up the calendar it will say no Phone Connected and I can usually just click on connect but that is becoming a pain.

Anyone else have this issue? Is there a new setting somewhere I am missing?

That is the silver lining for those waiting. Honestly it kind of sucks right now so you are not missing out on anything.

Reactions: jrad6515