Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2018.6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll admit to that. I've gotten a late rollout of just about every update before the 2018.2 series. So yeah, every time before that I was whining about the lack of updates and this time I'm patiently telling people that it's normal to be on the tail end of a rollout.

Totally get how you feel. But if it makes you feel any better, there's in all likelihood nothing wrong with your car / nothing failed with updates. There's still a chunk of people that are waiting for the gradual rollout process, and unless you get really lucky with a service tech or customer support, they'll just repeat the line that this is normal and to wait for an update.

That was me. I got 2018.6.1 this morning. Was previously 50.3. Slowly the fleet is being converted. Sucks being last but it usually means early on the next rollout. I was one of the first 50.2 and .3 (though those were MONSTER rollouts). I sat on 50.3 for over 2 months. Longest ever. Previous longest was 17.11.3 (yay rollout of summon and AS to 80mph!) to 17.17.4 (yay! Best AP to date in terms of function, 90mph AS).

Reactions: boonedocks
Yesterday my AP 2 X on 18.6.1 impressed me when it made a left turn tracking another car most of the time. I had stopped at a red light with AP engaged behind one other car. Didn't expect that it will made the turn on it's own but surprisingly it did. I think there's a possibility in 18.6.1 that the wide angle camera is used too/more as the car in front was quite to the left of me.

Here are 2 pictures showing that intersection. Unfortunately streetview isn't available there.
Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 17.22.55.jpg Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 17.32.52.jpg

Yesterday my AP 2 X on 18.6.1 impressed me when it made a left turn tracking another car most of the time. I had stopped at a red light with AP engaged behind one other car. Didn't expect that it will made the turn on it's own but surprisingly it did. I think there's a possibility in 18.6.1 that the wide angle camera is used too/more as the car in front was quite to the left of me.

Here are 2 pictures showing that intersection. Unfortunately streetview isn't available there.
View attachment 283903 View attachment 283904
If it automatically made the left turn, my guess is that it was simply tracking the line that follows the left turn and that combined with the car right in front in thought that was just the natural curvature of the road. That being said, if it was something else, that's dope

If it automatically made the left turn, my guess is that it was simply tracking the line that follows the left turn and that combined with the car right in front in thought that was just the natural curvature of the road. That being said, if it was something else, that's dope

If I find the time this weekend I'll go and try to capture it with a cam. But nevertheless I think wide angle is used as I observed that it was able to detect the lines when stopped behind a van blocking the view at a red light and there was not more than 2 meters space bumper to bumper.

Mine has done similar turns on 50.3. it started then. Mine was a 35 degree turn in an intersection. Both with and without lead cars. Took 10 passes at low speeds before it did it at speed limit. Still only 75% success rate. Will try again tomorrow with 6.1 to check improvement.

I'll try to dig up my old post showing the intersection.

Reactions: bebbiXpress
Is anyone able to remotely heat there steering wheel after updating to 2018.6.1 641efac?

I got a recent iPhone app update 2-3 weeks ago where this remote heating of the steering wheel was promised and i am excited for this to finally happen.

I've never seen that promise. I've seen that it says if you had it on in the prior drive it will get turned on automatically, and that if you pre-heat the car certain other things will be turned on as well. But you have no direct control over any of those items.

No AP2 improvment in my experience. Same swerving and same trouble with yellow rumble lanes, and lots of trouble in the winter with partly dirty lane markers. Really ooking forward to making a video if we get the mythical huge update!