Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2018.6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been having nothing but glitches with this release. See pics below for just a couple examples.

2B5D8537-BAC5-46BA-A8DA-E4780B21BE52.jpeg

1189C370-CA39-4FE6-827A-3B06F995C866.jpeg

Did my first trip yesterday on an Interstate highway since I got this version and noticed something I have not noticed before: whenever an automatic lane change is in progress (or initiated), the lane line over which the lane change occurs is shown as a dashed blue line (assuming that it is a permissible line to change lanes across). I think this is supposed to be an indication that a lane change is considered permissible (i.e. over a real dashed line).

Did my first trip yesterday on an Interstate highway since I got this version and noticed something I have not noticed before: whenever an automatic lane change is in progress (or initiated), the lane line over which the lane change occurs is shown as a dashed blue line (assuming that it is a permissible line to change lanes across). I think this is supposed to be an indication that a lane change is considered permissible (i.e. over a real dashed line).
That's been there for a long time.

Is anyone able to remotely heat there steering wheel after updating to 2018.6.1 641efac?

I got a recent iPhone app update 2-3 weeks ago where this remote heating of the steering wheel was promised and i am excited for this to finally happen.

Yes, it works fine. Just leave the steering wheel heating on when you leave the car and start preheating next day or so. Wheel is warm when you enter the car. Seats are not unfortunately....

Yes, it works fine. Just leave the steering wheel heating on when you leave the car and start preheating next day or so. Wheel is warm when you enter the car. Seats are not unfortunately....

Are you sure about the seats? I think they do come on but because there’s no weight on them they don’t feel as warm when you first get in the car. I will test it and look at the TeslaFi logs

Grabbing the steering wheel pressure in AP is way better in this update. Now I don't have to squeeze the crapped out of it to make it go away. All I have to do is touch it with my finger.

There is no pressure/squeeze sensor on the steering wheel. It detects the torque of you turning the wheel, or fighting it keeping the wheel where it wants it.

Grabbing the steering wheel pressure in AP is way better in this update. Now I don't have to squeeze the crapped out of it to make it go away. All I have to do is touch it with my finger.
There is no pressure/squeeze sensor on the steering wheel. It detects the torque of you turning the wheel, or fighting it keeping the wheel where it wants it.
Perhaps they meant squeezing it so it doesn't move and provides torqued resistance. I do this *all* the time. For example, hold forearm on leg and hand on steering wheel. If the car wants attention just *squeeze* and as the car tries to turn even a little you have applied torqued resistance.

Thats a weird implementation. I would rather be able to turn on heated steering wheel and seats via the App. my old Chevy volt was able to remotely heat the seats from the OnStar App.. no heated steering wheel tho.

but I will try this next time... turn on the heated steering wheel before I exit the car to see if it will be on next time I go back to the car a few hours later. Thank you for the tip.

meantime, I kind of got super excited -- for little reason it turns out.

Reactions: AWDtsla and MP3Mike
Interesting thing this AM. Woke up and my car is charged to 93%. It’s never been above 80 except for one road trip when I set it to 100 to test road trip charging and sure didn’t change it recently. Only change has been 6.1.

Anyone else seeing cars running past the limits? Usually it goes between 77 and 80.

Note it’s plugged in 24/7 to a HPWC and set to 80, no schedule.

Yes, the charge past the limit tying has happened three times to me in the past six weeks.i realize it has happened when I get the message asking if I want to reduce the charge limit because repeated full charging is bad. Sure enough I'm charged to 100 percent but when I check the charge limit it still shows it is marked to 80 percent as usual.

Yes, the charge past the limit tying has happened three times to me in the past six weeks.i realize it has happened when I get the message asking if I want to reduce the charge limit because repeated full charging is bad. Sure enough I'm charged to 100 percent but when I check the charge limit it still shows it is marked to 80 percent as usual.
Just peachy.... wonder what the best response to this is... in the past I would have submitted a voice bug report, but I've been told that doesn't *do* anything any more!

Should we be calling the national support line to report this, or do they just know from the fact that it happens.... arg....

Edit: called to report this, and they hadn't had any other reports of it, so I'd call it in if this has happened to you. Was only on hold for a minute or so, so appears to be a quiet time (perhaps because California is mostly asleep?). They didn't have any real recommendations except perhaps reboot. I'm burning off the excess charge and will reboot to see if it stays below 80 then.

Last edited: