Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh there was one more thing - in regular autosteer you can just tap the indicator stalk and it will stay on and do the lane change (we haven'te even gotten NoA in Australia yet.)
I love this new feature. Even though I got 2019.8.3 over a week ago, I didn't know about this change until yesterday. Now the S and X have turn signal functionality similar to the Model 3. It's so nice not having to hold the turn signal stalk throughout a lane change or to turn it back off after the lane change has completed.

Reactions: boaterva
my car was in sentry mode and it started and finished the update just fine

It may make a difference if the Sentry has been triggered...

I confirmed the update from the app twice without success (no error message it just wouldn't actually start the update after the count-down completed) then went to the car to see a message on the screen saying to disable Sentry mode to allow the update to proceed...

I just got 2019.8.4. It was a 1.5GB download; presumably a full image rather than a diff from the one I was on (2018.50.6). Funny thing is it lists some of the changes as "previous release notes" but they're also changes I never got since it's been so long since I got an update. I tried out the new ludicrous+ driving setting and after selecting it, it asks me if I want to enable max power as an extra dialog box (pointless IMO). I also noticed that this is NOT the same as the easter egg ludicrous+ still because it does not display the battery temperature gauge, nor does it come up with the power output display when the battery is at max power temperature.

Autosteer tracking is much better around town now. The 50.6 release would try to dart down side streets and get dangerously close to curbs at times. However, consequently it makes for even more steering corrections than before. Phantom braking is no better (maybe even worse.) Take off at traffic lights is still glacial slow. Pulling up to a stopped car is either "holy cow there's a car there slam on the brakes" or "I see a car a mile away, start slowing down now".

I noticed the same thing, but then reading the release notes, it made sense.

The new driving mode of "Ludicrous +" is just a renaming and a new placement for "Max Battery", but doesn't actually engage Ludicrous +. You still need to activate Ludicrous + as an Easter egg separately, however. if you just engage the Easter egg, it will also activate the Ludicrous + driving mode.

Weird. Wish it was both or none, but I guess they keep the Max Battery (in it's new form of Ludicrous +) so that we can warm out battery without actually activating the Easter egg.

• Informative
Reactions: GWord
Got 2019.8.4 on my AP2 S75D last night, this morning the update completed screen was up including the notes, so no blank screen like some others have seen. Tested it on the way to the office, Autopilot seemed solid, but it was solid on 50.6 as well. The lane change was nice with the single tap, and also got to test the red light warning which worked great - felt it gave plenty of notice to be able to stop in time.

Last edited:
I got 2019.8.3 da116a6 on my 2016 pre-facelift 90D. I see the climate control GUI layout changed, and 'dog mode' was added. The bad news is that the web browser is now virtually unusable, as it much much slower. I use the browser mainly for the Chargepoint destination charger app. When I enter my username credentials, it took over 10 minutes for the screen to echo the input from the onscreen keyboard. I rebooted the computers but it did not change he behavior. What a shame. If I had a dog maybe it would be worth it. However, if you do have a dog and leave it in the car, be sure to put a notice in the windshield that the dog is okay, or you might lose a window if an over zealous animal lover calls the cops.

I got 2019.8.3 da116a6 on my 2016 pre-facelift 90D. I see the climate control GUI layout changed, and 'dog mode' was added. The bad news is that the web browser is now virtually unusable, as it much much slower. I use the browser mainly for the Chargepoint destination charger app. When I enter my username credentials, it took over 10 minutes for the screen to echo the input from the onscreen keyboard. I rebooted the computers but it did not change he behavior. What a shame. If I had a dog maybe it would be worth it. However, if you do have a dog and leave it in the car, be sure to put a notice in the windshield that the dog is okay, or you might lose a window if an over zealous animal lover calls the cops.
Could it be you have an AP1 car?

We can't 'all do it' as we don't all have the problem...

Might be more helpful to compare settings, I have TACC set to 3 car lengths and it is perfectly smooth at all times. (19.8.4)
If only it were that simple. Doesn't matter how many car lengths you choose, the behavior is DRASTICALLY different since my 2018.50.X build. I can't use TACC since this build installed. I used it daily since I bought the car in March of 2018 and never had issues. Now, it's so jerky and constantly on/off when following cars in front of me that I can't use it anymore as it makes me motion sick.

Got the 19.8.4 update last night

All seems well but now it doesn't recognize by usb key...has the 'x'...I did a quick and full reformat; but nothing changed

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Dec '17 X 100D; AP2.5; MCU1
Just got a new update and car is updating even as I type. I would think it is 19.8.4 but we'll see in a few minutes. You might want to reboot your MCU?

Reactions: Gt1948
I did a full reboot last night as our '17 MCU1 / AP2 S hadn't received an update since 2018.50.6 and lo and behold I got 2019.8.4 this morning. I thought "I" did something, only to find that everybody seems to be getting it now haha.

I had blank notes on mine, even after leaving it up for about 20 minutes. (I've already read them elsewhere and know what I've got, so it doesn't really matter to me.)

I like the 3-esque "tap to change lanes while on AP / NoA" a lot.

Reactions: WannabeOwner