Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AP2.5 regardless of make have sentry mode. They don't want to do sentry for AP2 because current sentry is built on dashcam and AP2 lacks b node for dashcam even though they could do it while parked (no AP load).

All AP2+ per verygreen will eventually get enhanced summon. Its just being refined (it really sucked and now it just mostly sucks). Give it 3 months and you might have a handy parlor trick to show off and mostly not look like a giant prat.

Reactions: rnortman
All AP2+ per verygreen will eventually get enhanced summon. Its just being refined (it really sucked and now it just mostly sucks). Give it 3 months and you might have a handy parlor trick to show off and mostly not look like a giant prat.
Must... resist... but... cannot...

3 months likely 6 months definitely?

Last edited:
DDA36EE6-6D1E-4241-8EB0-FECFD222BEA1.png
an you post a screen shot? I'd like to see that as well. I thought 5% performance boost is only for the Model 3.

Attachments

• 31A860B4-6A47-4164-A5ED-1CB3224542A9.png
    31A860B4-6A47-4164-A5ED-1CB3224542A9.png
    470.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Informative
Reactions: UkrHog
A 2015 won't have AP2, so how could he get sentry? I could be wrong but I'm guessing that is something he (incorrectly) thinks he is getting versus an update he has already received.

Edit: I found the thread, he seems pretty certain he has it and says he noticed a difference in power.

Reactions: schnootz
dec. 2016 Model S 75, ap2.
on Fed 16th I received update 2018 50.6 4ecO3ed. Most things worked well and I was satisfied. Today I received 2019 8.4 530d1d3 and the release notes were blank. I will try to reboot tomorrow and test drive it to look for problems. Last year I did an update and my manual was screwed up for a few days but the seemed to have fixed itself. I hope the same happens with the release notes.
I have not been able to comfortably use auto steer and TACC in certain areas as the speed limit reading the car gets is about 15miles above what it really is and this leads me to question the speed limits on roads I am not familiar with. The service center techs gave me a reason for it that does not make sense to me. "the customer vehicle does not have the same autopilot. Auto pilot works differently with older hardware." I have been hoping that one of these updates will fix this issue. Any thoughts?

I just got 2019.8.4 today at SC. I have had 2019.8.3 for about 3 days, and liked the improvements from both over 2018.50.6 to everything except TACC / AP@ phantom braking - it is very glitchy, making minor jerky speed changes almost constantly if there is any traffic nearby. Guessing they are starting to implement some FSD code that isn't fully functional /refined yet, because the rest of the TACC / AP@ performance is better. The tap to change lanes works fantastic, and the lane changes are smooth as silk so far, too. Still no release notes for either 2019.8.3 or .4, but I'm sure we all know what is included by now lol