Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... and liked the improvements from both over 2018.50.6 to everything except TACC / AP@ phantom braking - it is very glitchy, making minor jerky speed changes almost constantly if there is any traffic nearby.

... and yet for others (like myself) we see none of this 'glitchy' behavior and it is all just smooth as it should be...

No idea why, but take some comfort in the fact that the problem you see is not something everyone is experiencing.

Reactions: Deraillor
Got 2019.8.4 yesterday evening (after a day's driving with my mobile phone set as an hotspot and the car wifi connected to it).
Haven't had a chance to test it today, I simply checked for the release note and the screen is empty. Guess I'll have to reboot it.

Had my MCU blank out just now, reboot fixed it, but never encountered this with any other firmware.

Never? Really? You are either a very new owner or very lucky...

I've had my 'S' for 9 months now and I've never had a blank or frozen MCU. I've only ever rebooted it once and that was just to make sure I knew how to do it if it was never needed...

Did ~110 mile drive yesterday post 8.4 update on my usual commute. AP does feel more smooth and so does lane changes but too much phantom braking! Sometimes just from shadows and sometimes while passing nearby cars. I am sure cars behind me thinks I am brake checking so as usual one step forward two steps backward.

8.5 with the new No Confirmation NoA looks like this on a Model 3.

Note: Not my screen.
C0F351D4-846D-48B5-9156-17F7512F0055.JPG

When I was on 2018.50.7 my wife had both screens just go blank while sitting in a drive thru. The door handles kept going in and out until the screen rebooted. I opened a case but they didn't find anything. Since then I got 2019.8.3 and last night both screens just froze with no touch response. Didn't go blank they just froze like that during the entire trip until I was able to restart them. Interestingly the odometer never moved and did not report the mileage driven when it was frozen. I hope to get 2019.8.4 and see if that fixes the freezing once and for all. And yes even with 8.3 I too get phantom braking for no apparent reason.

Did an half hour drive under the rain, heavier at the beginning and lighter later on. The wipers are now rock-solid, perfectly timed to keep the wind-shield clean without overdoing it. Very good improvement!
I agree. Drove this morning for about half an hour under all different kinds of rain and even a bit of snow and they where just perfect!