Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Not Plus Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered SR 4/9 (two days before lineup changes)
Rec'd Delivery Appointment 4/16
Took Delivery 4/19 (SR+ upgraded interior)

I think I just got lucky.

However, I'm on a totally obscure software version (2019.7.102 82596dc — 1 of 4 cars in the entire fleet apparently, according to TeslaFi). Unsure if/when an update will be pushed over LTE? I have a service appointment in 3 weeks for the update to take place, since I don't have a strong enough WiFi signal to reach my car parked on the street.

You got HW3. Very lucky. Congratulations.

What is your last 6 digits of VIN rounded up to nearest 100s? Ex. 327000

What is your config?

I just got moved from this Thursday to 5/3 for my SR not plus, so only a week delay. I wonder why there's such a difference between mine and yours. Order date is 2/28 and added AP+FSD, so maybe I got lucky and was prioritized?
Did you have a VIN assigned when they delayed you? I have a 4/30 delivery appointment but no VIN assigned yet.

You got HW3. Very lucky. Congratulations.

What is your last 6 digits of VIN rounded up to nearest 100s? Ex. 327000

What is your config?

I am also on version 2019.7.102 82596dc, but I do have Sentry Mode supposedly (haven't tested), and did test dashcam to be operational. Stupid question but how do I check the manufacturing date of my car? And what's the confirmation this means the car has HW3?

I am also on version 2019.7.102 82596dc, but I do have Sentry Mode supposedly (haven't tested), and did test dashcam to be operational. Stupid question but how do I check the manufacturing date of my car? And what's the confirmation this means the car has HW3?

Good to know I'm not alone out there with that version. I'm curious if/when we'll receive the update to 2019.8.x.

The manufacturer label is on the inside frame of the driver's door. Month/Year manufacture date is in the top left corner.

It's really strange that I don't have either Sentry Mode / Dash Cam features and we're on the same software. Maybe someone can shed light on this.

And as far as HW3 goes, I'm just going off what others are telling me in the thread. I assume a specific combination of VIN / production number / manufacture date is what's confirming it?

How can you tell that you don't have Sentry Mode / Dash Cam? Have you followed the information in the manual for setting up the USB drive?

I have a formatted USB ready, but haven't had a chance to plug it in yet. Are you saying I should see Sentry Mode / Dash Cam features enabled once this is done? I don't have the Dash Cam icon on my screen, nor Sentry Mode option in settings.

(Forgive my ignorance if this is the case...new owner here).

I have a formatted USB ready, but haven't had a chance to plug it in yet. Are you saying I should see Sentry Mode / Dash Cam features enabled once this is done? I don't have the Dash Cam icon on my screen, nor Sentry Mode option in settings.

(Forgive my ignorance if this is the case...new owner here).
\

The dash cam icon will only show up when you plug in your formatted USB drive and create a folder named “TeslaCam”.

• Informative
Reactions: xtcEV
I'll plug in my USB tomorrow morning and try it out—will Sentry Mode also be available at this point as an option in my settings?
Make sure you have the folder named TeslaCam on the USB drive. I never looked for the Sentry Mode before I plugged the drive in but it is likely that you will see the options once you plug it in (if it is set up correctly.)

Make sure you have the folder named TeslaCam on the USB drive. I never looked for the Sentry Mode before I plugged the drive in but it is likely that you will see the options once you plug it in (if it is set up correctly.)

I automatically assumed these features would be accessible up front (regardless of whether USB was formatted/installed)—another lesson learned today! Thanks

I didn’t order AP for 3k on my SR car, but I see FSD option for 5k on my car reservation page. How does that work?

886C9744-2A66-4985-A183-7D293F0F3D53.png

I didn’t order AP for 3k on my SR car, but I see FSD option for 5k on my car reservation page. How does that work?

View attachment 400069
When they upgrade your software to but include autopilot, they'll make you pay 3k to be able to use the fsd you already paid for. The free autopilot is pretty much in everybody's SR currently and it just something they haven't gotten around to updating. I bought the sr + and my brother bought the sr without autopilot. Our cars are identical right now except for vin lol

• Informative
Reactions: Leafdriver333