Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am looking at almost 250+ days since OD: 8/16/2021. I received a call from my delivery location (Mount Kisco, NY) during the last week of January. The women on the phone asked me for some brief information and then let me know that my car would be available mid February. Two weeks later my EDD changed from 2/25-3/25 to 4/29-5/27. I plan on calling them back and trying to find out information on what is going on, but I want to make sure I'm asking the correct questions so they don't just give me the 'the app EDD you see is the same information we see' nonsense. What can I ask to try and get an answer out of them?

If VIN assignment is based on OD, I can clearly see SR+ 18" black/black have been delivered to individuals who have OD's much later than mine. Is this the norm? Is it not based on Tesla order date? Does my Northeast location have an impact on this? Can I ask them how many builds that match mine have been delivered and what their OD's have been?

Any help/guidance would be much appreciated. I'm starting to lose hope, FAST.

M3 RWD Blk Ext, Wht Int. Aero
OD: Sept3
EDD just got pushed to May 27 to June 27

I'm seeing a lot of people with Nov ODs with EDDs coming in at March or April. What am I doing wrong here? Anyone else on here order in Sept and have an EDD that's that far out?

Got my edd pushed back a couple of month now showing june as delivery date (previous was feb18-march02

Odd was mid october

Sa told me delivery will be in next quarter :(

So, today was my scheduled pickup in Ottawa, and I was anxiously awaiting 5pm, but I just received the dreaded phone call. Apparently my car was delayed at the Ambassador bridge closure. The SC is hopeful it will arrive later this week.

Back to waiting again....
Ours was schedule delivery for last Thursday. The car have arrive and my tentative delivery for this Thursday still stands.

So took 1 more week for delivery because of the childish adults who blocked the Ambassador bridge.

So I am looking at almost 250+ days since OD: 8/16/2021. I received a call from my delivery location (Mount Kisco, NY) during the last week of January. The women on the phone asked me for some brief information and then let me know that my car would be available mid February. Two weeks later my EDD changed from 2/25-3/25 to 4/29-5/27. I plan on calling them back and trying to find out information on what is going on, but I want to make sure I'm asking the correct questions so they don't just give me the 'the app EDD you see is the same information we see' nonsense. What can I ask to try and get an answer out of them?

If VIN assignment is based on OD, I can clearly see SR+ 18" black/black have been delivered to individuals who have OD's much later than mine. Is this the norm? Is it not based on Tesla order date? Does my Northeast location have an impact on this? Can I ask them how many builds that match mine have been delivered and what their OD's have been?

Any help/guidance would be much appreciated. I'm starting to lose hope, FAST.
I don’t have any answers but I’m in the same boat. I talked to my SA yesterday and only got the same EDD as the website. He said maybe it will come sooner but they need to wait until the system updates. Whatever that means.

I don’t have any answers but I’m in the same boat. I talked to my SA yesterday and only got the same EDD as the website. He said maybe it will come sooner but they need to wait until the system updates. Whatever that means.
Sometimes I think they just give answers we want to hear so that we have no further questions and end the conversation. Often they tell me that they will look for a car for me. That makes me feel like I was taken special care. It is a helpless process, after all.

Reactions: pipp and alset3000
Anybody know where to buy a NEMA 14-50 adapter? Tesla service just emailed me saying they wouldn't be carrying it in stock anymore, have to buy online.

Amazon is sold out, only saw a couple of Ebay posts that look shady with prices from $200-$500!!
You can buy the 6-50 from Tesla… that seems to always be available. And because the 6-50 is a 14-50 without a neutral (Tesla doesn’t require the neutral), you can buy an adapter on Amazon:

When you get assigned a VIN are you able to change your delivery location? Placed an order 8/20/21 for Massachusetts but switched to CA in anticipation of a move that hasn't happened yet due to covid. EDD has been stuck on TBD for 4 months now with no new info about a delivery timeline. A local Tesla dealership rep I spoke to is hesitant to change the delivery location back to Massachusetts so I'm wondering what the consequences would be.

When you get assigned a VIN are you able to change your delivery location? Placed an order 8/20/21 for Massachusetts but switched to CA in anticipation of a move that hasn't happened yet due to covid. EDD has been stuck on TBD for 4 months now with no new info about a delivery timeline. A local Tesla dealership rep I spoke to is hesitant to change the delivery location back to Massachusetts so I'm wondering what the consequences would be.

EDDs get changed with new delivery locations but since you have TBD…. What’s the harm? You aren’t seriously going to fly to CA to pick up the car, right? You want to delay it until you move to CA?

No. They will release your VIN and you will have to wait for a new one to be assigned in your new region.

EDDs get changed with new delivery locations but since you have TBD…. What’s the harm? You aren’t seriously going to fly to CA to pick up the car, right? You want to delay it until you move to CA?
I'm going to call and have them change to Massachusetts then! I'd rather have a car available for when I move than delay and possibly have to wait longer without a vehicle.

I'm going to call and have them change to Massachusetts then! I'd rather have a car available for when I move than delay and possibly have to wait longer without a vehicle.
Just be weary that if you are moving relatively soon, you may not have a car.

SR+ orders are not prioritized the same way Dual Motor M3's are. You (may) not get it until May, June, July, as when you make changes such as the delivery location you will go further back in the queue.

Reactions: voxel
They've been out of stock for a while, thanks anyway
Lumen.ca is a Montreal-based company.. Ordered mine and came within 3 days.. Shipping is $30 though: HUBBELL HBL9450A Straight Blade Heavy Duty Straight Blade Single Receptacle 50 A, 14-50R Black
Thank you! I searched their site for the adapter but they don't seem to have it. I already have the receptacle installed.
You can buy the 6-50 from Tesla… that seems to always be available. And because the 6-50 is a 14-50 without a neutral (Tesla doesn’t require the neutral), you can buy an adapter on Amazon:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have delivery Feb 23rd i still cannot see my VIN on the app or the account. Is that normal?? I only see it in the source code. I wonder why is it different for everyone that vin shows up on agreenent and for some it does not show.
VIN just showed up on the app. Lol. Just on app though. Still not in the account but i think it should be soon. Hoping i get a good news soon about possibly an early pick up date!!

Attachments

• 20220215_192536.jpg
    20220215_192536.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 81