Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, today, I took delivery of my wonderful blue SR+ called Mystique. Only a few minor problems, namely the plastic piece that adheres near the passenger side front window and rear view mirror was a bit loose and I can see some adhesive, both rear door handles were recessed a bit more than I would like and the tail lights appear to be sticking out a bit more than they should. Overall, no glaring panel gaps (well at least to a point where I can't live with them), so overall not too shabby. I have an appointment set for mid-September to hopefully address those exterior issues. On the inside, it all looks great. Steering wheel makes a bit of strange noise when I retract it all the way, but that is basically it.

Overall, though, it is a beautiful car. Thanks for taking this journey with me. I'm sending everyone the best of luck in getting VINs soon.

Well, today, I took delivery of my wonderful blue SR+ called Mystique. Only a few minor problems, namely the plastic piece that adheres near the passenger side front window and rear view mirror was a bit loose and I can see some adhesive, both rear door handles were recessed a bit more than I would like and the tail lights appear to be sticking out a bit more than they should. Overall, no glaring panel gaps (well at least to a point where I can't live with them), so overall not too shabby. I have an appointment set for mid-September to hopefully address those exterior issues. On the inside, it all looks great. Steering wheel makes a bit of strange noise when I retract it all the way, but that is basically it.

Overall, though, it is a beautiful car. Thanks for taking this journey with me. I'm sending everyone the best of luck in getting VINs soon.
I just had that plastic piece replaced, mine was also loose, and my tail light adjusted. They'll for sure fix those for you.

Question for those who got today’s drop…

I ordered a SR+ on 8/24, completed all the steps including accepting the loan.

Then I got the email everyone else did and snagged the same exact build since I currently don’t have a car and rather not wait until Jan. Plus I’m okay with the LFP battery.

So the question is, how do I cancel the previous order and transfer the $250 deposit (or refund) but more importantly transfer the loan to the new car so I don’t have to run a credit application again?

Reactions: RogerMc
Question for those who got today’s drop…

I ordered a SR+ on 8/24, completed all the steps including accepting the loan.

Then I got the email everyone else did and snagged the same exact build since I currently don’t have a car and rather not wait until Jan. Plus I’m okay with the LFP battery.

So the question is, how do I cancel the previous order and transfer the $250 deposit (or refund) but more importantly transfer the loan to the new car so I don’t have to run a credit application again?

Reach out to your Delivery Advisor (if you have one) or someone at your Delivery Center. They should be able to help you sort this all out.

Watching this YouTube video of supercharging the LFP battery, and also comparing these charts, it's interesting that the 263 mile version will supercharge faster up to ~65%, and the LFP version will supercharge faster beyond that point. Total supercharging time from 5% to 90% ends up being about the same between both models, but 5% to 100% will be faster with the LFP. That is (of course) offset by the fact that you'd get slightly less range.

If you're keeping the car for a very long time, I'd wait for the Panasonic battery instead of the LFP battery only because (1) one has been around much longer and proven tried and true, and (2) the vehicle should be lighter with Panasonic batteries which directly affects handling and efficiency.

So many cars available near NJ, wow. I'm still going to hold onto my original one that is on the way right now though.
Watching this YouTube video of supercharging the LFP battery, and also comparing these charts, it's interesting that the 263 mile version will supercharge faster up to ~65%, and the LFP version will supercharge faster beyond that point. Total supercharging time from 5% to 90% ends up being about the same between both models, but 5% to 100% will be faster with the LFP. That is (of course) offset by the fact that you'd get slightly less range.

If you're keeping the car for a very long time, I'd wait for the Panasonic battery instead of the LFP battery only because (1) one has been around much longer and proven tried and true, and (2) the vehicle should be lighter with Panasonic batteries which directly affects handling and efficiency.

Yeah you convinced me to stick to my first order (it's on the way here now anyway). Still, this would have been nice if it had happened a month ago... I saw 3 of my exact order in a 2 hour drive lol.

I'll just patiently wait for my delivery (hopefully get a text to schedule that soon).

Question: I ordered mine on 08/18 SoFLo M3 white/black 18”, no VIN yet. My coworker ordered on 04/20/21 white/white 18” and just got a VIN a few days ago. He doesn’t want the car anymore (already got another one) he hasn’t cancel the order yet. Is there a way he can transfer me his VIN so I take his car instead of mine and pay the extra (cash) for the white interior?? Called Tesla not responding, Called my SA even worse he never responded. Anyone experiencing same situation??
Here is the update: I called Tesla and after 25min waiting someone pick up. I explained the situation and they agree to transfer my friend’s VIN to my account with his authorization, however, you have to be really careful. Here is the catch: They sent him a text asking if he was ok to release the VIN to “the next customer in line waiting” so he was smart and he reply that text saying he wanted to transfer that VIN specifically to me ( using my account info). All of this happened while I was with the Customer service rep over the phone. Once my friend confirmed the VIN was transfer to me smoothly and now finally, I’m waiting for my delivery time sep 03- sep 09.!! As soon as I confirmed the transaction I recieve an email about the existing inventory of LFS..

I see this in a different way. LFP is an old technology, generally it's much safer than NMC regarding fire risk, it's cycle life is much better New Tests Prove: LFP Lithium Batteries Live Longer than NMC - OneCharge . Due to the much longer cycle life, I would think that if you're keeping the car for a long time the LFP would be better. If you don't plan on putting 100k+ on the car, I would think NMC would be better. 4pct range drop would diminish in a year or two.

Reactions: speedyrogue
I ordered a 253 range. Vin Received, EDD in Paramus 8/30 - 9/2. I called to try to merge my 7/9 order over and the guy said they don't know if they can do that. They are figuring everything out still. Sounds like the advisors got blind sided by this big inventory dump.

• Informative
Reactions: asquared17
I ordered a 253 range. Vin Received, EDD in Paramus 8/30 - 9/2. I called to try to merge my 7/9 order over and the guy said they don't know if they can do that. They are figuring everything out still. Sounds like the advisors got blind sided by this big inventory dump.
How did you get through on the phone? I can't seem to get any SA on the phone in Paramus or Springfield.