Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 RWD, MSM, BLK, Aero
OD: Sep 21.

Just picked up my car in Irvine, CA. VIN 163xxx. Build date 1/26/22. Software page shows AMD Ryzen processor.

My first Tesla so was worried about potential build quality issues but everything looked perfect. Shopping experience was amazing: Show up; they unlock car and allow me to inspect it as much as I want; I send final ACH payment via their app; they hand over keys; I leave. Could have been in/out in under 5 minutes.

The last two new cars I purchased took 2+ hours to get out of the dealer - most of it wasted arguing about price and useless dealer options I don't want (extended warranties, paint protection, etc.). Hopefully everyone will adopt Tesla's hassle free shopping model in the future.

Model 3 RWD, MSM, BLK, Aero
OD: Sep 21.

Just picked up my car in Irvine, CA. VIN 163xxx. Build date 1/26/22. Software page shows AMD Ryzen processor.

My first Tesla so was worried about potential build quality issues but everything looked perfect. Shopping experience was amazing: Show up; they unlock car and allow me to inspect it as much as I want; I send final ACH payment via their app; they hand over keys; I leave. Could have been in/out in under 5 minutes.

The last two new cars I purchased took 2+ hours to get out of the dealer - most of it wasted arguing about price and useless dealer options I don't want (extended warranties, paint protection, etc.). Hopefully everyone will adopt Tesla's hassle free shopping model in the future.
Congrats on the car and welcome to the club. It's HARD to go back to the ancient dealership NONSENSE after you experience the tesla delivery process. No garbage documentation fee, useless nitrogen air that costs 399, deep sanitation cleaning another 499. sigh.
My vin is 162XXX, the build date likely is a week prior since I'm at east coast. Hopefully I'm getting a Ryzen as well, but if it's Intel, it's not the end of the world. Was supposed to pick up today, but had to postpone 'til 2/2 due to the snowstorm.
Will share the details of the car once I take delivery.

Congrats on the car and welcome to the club. It's HARD to go back to the ancient dealership NONSENSE after you experience the tesla delivery process. No garbage documentation fee, useless nitrogen air that costs 399, deep sanitation cleaning another 499. sigh.
My vin is 162XXX, the build date likely is a week prior since I'm at east coast. Hopefully I'm getting a Ryzen as well, but if it's Intel, it's not the end of the world. Was supposed to pick up today, but had to postpone 'til 2/2 due to the snowstorm.

@hlin07 - New Yorker here….got the white stuff this weekend as well ;-)

My OD was 10/18/21…EDD has been 2/7/22-3/7/22 for almost a month. No VIN assigned yet. Eagerly waiting!

Picked up my M3 SR+ this afternoon in Langley. VIN 165xxx and it has the Ryzen chip. And I wasn’t crazy my VIN did change after it was initially updated, my
paperwork had a 15xxxx VIN that was crossed out and corrected with the new one!

Process was super smooth just like the previous person mentioned, I didn’t notice any panel gaps or anything and after driving around for a couple hours today no rattling or anything to be heard. Loving it so far!

Attachments

• 124BF4D2-10B7-42DE-8BAA-20D98850B2C1.jpeg
    124BF4D2-10B7-42DE-8BAA-20D98850B2C1.jpeg
    327.1 KB · Views: 163
Picked up my M3 SR+ this afternoon in Langley. VIN 165xxx and it has the Ryzen chip. And I wasn’t crazy my VIN did change after it was initially updated, my
paperwork had a 15xxxx VIN that was crossed out and corrected with the new one!

Process was super smooth just like the previous person mentioned, I didn’t notice any panel gaps or anything and after driving around for a couple hours today no rattling or anything to be heard. Loving it so far!
Congrats! Would you mind saying if your VIN is smaller or bigger than 1653xx? Mine is getting delivered next week and I’d like to get ryzen

When did you receive the Vision statement and when did you have your VIN? We have same EDD, I got Vision but VIN is only in source code right now..
I received vision, vin was in source code there was a window of 7 days for delivery then my SA emailed with all information including a delivery date that may or may not change again based off of shipping.
I don't believe that you'll see your vin anywhere else except the source code and email from SA until you actually take delivery of the vehicle.

I hate dealerships as much as anyone else, but my itemization has a doc fee, order fee, and the destination charge is more than most other makes.

Hi everyone,

I ordered my Model 3 SR+ on August 31st, 2021 but did not accept the finance offer until early December because delivery was slated for the end of December. After accepting the offer, my delivery date got pushed to late February early March. Sadly, it got pushed back again to April/May. Now this is where I’m completely confused:

Yesterday, on 1/29/22 I received a text and email from Tesla stating my delivery date is approaching (yet on the app it’s still showing April/May, 2 months away) They also wanted me to confirm my payment method and registration details. I am wondering if it’s an automated message or if my delivery is getting bumped forward?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• E8CBFF5B-B31C-40C5-919C-58B2A1597DBF.jpeg
    E8CBFF5B-B31C-40C5-919C-58B2A1597DBF.jpeg
    321.4 KB · Views: 84
  • F1836105-3778-415E-9063-704B9F8B91BA.jpeg
    F1836105-3778-415E-9063-704B9F8B91BA.jpeg
    303.3 KB · Views: 76
I ordered a M3 Performance on Dec 6, 2021. Was told delivery was by the end of Dec. Then it was changed to late Jan-mid Feb. Changed again to mid-January. Finally was told between Dec. 18-30.

It arrived and took delivery on Dec. 28, 2021.

The wait was agonizing. I'm glad that I didn't have to wait 5 or 6 months like some have to

Reactions: metalblaze
Now that we are seeing almost all SR+ coming with RYZEN and the 12V Li On battery , is there anyone getting the heated wipers that are rumored to be coming? People that are getting delivery in coming Weeks please let us know. For Canadian this feature gonna be very helpful.
By far heated wipers is a feature on Performance M3 in China not sure North America.

Attachments

• 5D5B123D-FB06-4EEB-BAD4-5EB47D727190.jpeg
    5D5B123D-FB06-4EEB-BAD4-5EB47D727190.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 7DCA314E-798D-4217-BCCF-EDF3FF9B9E88.jpeg
    7DCA314E-798D-4217-BCCF-EDF3FF9B9E88.jpeg
    232.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited: