Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. So no one from Vancouver BC has received a model 3 rwd based off orders placed from August on forward. Based of that list at least. Ive known of one person who lives near me who ordered first week of August and received one in early March. So I guess we are pretty much bottom of the totem pole when it comes to orders.
There is the one delivery to Vancouver from Sep 25 OD but yeah that's odd how few deliveries BC has had, considering that Vancouver is the closest Canadian metro area to Fremont.

Yeah... unfortunately they just pushed me out again! April 26- May 24...so frustrating.
Do they even make this car anymore? I have not read about a single RWD delivery in what has to be over a month. And the big tracking sheet everyone is always posting doesn’t show a US RWD order delivered in 5 months.

Fremont can make, what, 8,500 - 9,000 cars a week? Where the hell are they all going?

Here is my history SR+ MSM/BLK/18 Northern Virginia (DC metro)

9/16 OD EDD Feb
9/17 EDD 10/20-11/19
10/6 EDD 11/10-12/8
10/16 EDD 12/16-12/31
10/28 EDD June
11/1 EDD 1/5-2/2
11/4 EDD June
11/11 on hold
12/27 hold released by Tesla EDD TBD
12/31 EDD 3/1-3/29
1/10 EDD TBD
1/11 EDD 4/1-4/29
1/30 5/10-6/7
3/7 EDD 6/15-7/13
3/22 EDD 7/5-8/16

I don't really mind the wait to this point. I do regret how much time I've spent trying to understand the matrix.

Here is my history SR+ MSM/BLK/18 Northern Virginia (DC metro)

9/16 OD EDD Feb
9/17 EDD 10/20-11/19
10/6 EDD 11/10-12/8
10/16 EDD 12/16-12/31
10/28 EDD June
11/1 EDD 1/5-2/2
11/4 EDD June
11/11 on hold
12/27 hold released by Tesla EDD TBD
12/31 EDD 3/1-3/29
1/10 EDD TBD
1/11 EDD 4/1-4/29
1/30 5/10-6/7
3/7 EDD 6/15-7/13
3/22 EDD 7/5-8/16

I don't really mind the wait to this point. I do regret how much time I've spent trying to understand the matrix.

I've heard from SAs so orders can be stuck in limbo if they have an expired trade in or expired loan attached to their order.

Otherwise... yeah... you should have received your SR+ by now or very soon. Ugh.

Do they even make this car anymore? I have not read about a single RWD delivery in what has to be over a month. And the big tracking sheet everyone is always posting doesn’t show a US RWD order delivered in 5 months.

Fremont can make, what, 8,500 - 9,000 cars a week? Where the hell are they all going?
Yeah my neighbor ordered the Dual motor long Range in Dec and has had his car for almost 2 months already. Makes me second guess changing my order to the SR/RWD... At this point I'm just going to try and forget about dates. I fully expect my order to push out again. I understand the climate and lead times for materials etc... I just wish they would stop jerking us around and provide and actual realistic delivery window. As it stands now, they are making it increasingly difficult to plan loans, selling/trade in finance etc. Also, my wife is pissed at the pile of accessories sitting in our garage with no car to install them on.

Yeah my neighbor ordered the Dual motor long Range in Dec and has had his car for almost 2 months already. Makes me second guess changing my order to the SR/RWD... At this point I'm just going to try and forget about dates. I fully expect my order to push out again. I understand the climate and lead times for materials etc... I just wish they would stop jerking us around and provide and actual realistic delivery window. As it stands now, they are making it increasingly difficult to plan loans, selling/trade in finance etc. Also, my wife is pissed at the pile of accessories sitting in our garage with no car to install them on.
Is your wife my husband? Haha! He remarked to me "sure am glad we rushed out to get floor mats. Wouldn't want to be waiting on those." But we often laugh about how silly this wait is. The loan thing really grinds my gears though. Car is pricy enough without more interest.

EDD Updated this morning folks - NOW: EDD May 3 - May 31
OD: 01/08, RWD, MSM, black White (reconfigured April 3), Aero, no FSD, NorCal

I have no confidence whatsoever that this is in any way accurate given the orders outstanding from September and such. It makes no sense. Could be the interior change?

Full EDD timeline:

• Ordered 01/08; EDD scheduled October
  • Updated 01/10/22 to EDD March 11-31
  • Updated 01/17/22 to EDD October
  • Updated 01/21 to EDD April 7 - May 5
  • Updated 02/02 to EDD May 5 - June 7
  • Updated 03/12 to EDD July 19 - August 16
  • Updated 04/12 to EDD May 3 - May 31

I'm starting to wonder if it is getting time to cancel my order and move on with life?
Yes I know I'd loose the $250 order fee but I can't drive an order fee.

Seems as though very few Model 3's are being made and delivered and even fewer RWD models.
When I ordered it EDD was June then has jumped all over the place since, even up to January.
I've been up to and in the magic 2 week window 3 times now. Still no end in sight.
One report I just read from Troy Teslike (on twitter) says only 2700 went to Canada
1649786892764.png

Now if you order a Model 3 delivery is July - August. How can that be?
I just can't see how that will happen if people from last August still don't have.

All my S/A can say is that it is coming and to check the app, it will change when a vin is assigned.

Now as you know in this climate you can't just pop into your local "insert name here" dealer and pick a car on the lot and drive off.
My lease end is coming quickly and I can't be without transport. So planning is a must.

Anyone one else wondering like I am?

Sigh.....just venting....

I'm starting to wonder if it is getting time to cancel my order and move on with life?

Seems as though very few Model 3's are being made and delivered and even fewer RWD models.
When I ordered it EDD was June then has jumped all over the place since, even up to January.
I've been up to and in the magic 2 week window 3 times now. Still no end in sight.
One report I just read from Troy Teslike (on twitter) says only 2700 went to Canada
View attachment 792826
I just can't see how that will happen if people from last August still don't have.

All my S/A can say is that it is coming and to check the app, it will change when a vin is assigned.

Now as you know in this climate you can't just pop into your local "insert name here" dealer and pick a car on the lot and drive off.
My lease end is coming quickly and I can't be without transport. So planning is a must.

I cannot imagine how dejected you feel. I don't think you should cancel as your price is locked in and you'll never get that back. The delivery window on the site was June when you ordered? Then I would decide in June - if you do not have a car by then. My spouse and I have agreed that if the wait surpasses the October window advertised from when we ordered, we will consider canceling and moving on.

View attachment 792826

I also feel depressed when seeing only 2700 were sent to Canada, but if you consider Canada only has 1/10 of US population, it kinda makes sense.

And I don't think you should cancel, you won't get your $250 back anyways. Even you choose to purchase another car, you can easily sell your M3 and make some profit since you locked a lower price.

I cannot imagine how dejected you feel. I don't think you should cancel as your price is locked in and you'll never get that back. The delivery window on the site was June when you ordered? Then I would decide in June - if you do not have a car by then. My spouse and I have agreed that if the wait surpasses the October window advertised from when we ordered, we will consider canceling and moving on.
But according to the web site as of right now in Canada or the US a Model 3 RWD with no upgrades is July to Sept
Why would your order say October?

So IMHO there is no way I can count on Tesla to honour their EDD given at the time of order or any other change.
Just so frustrating not being able to get a straight answer out of someone. Sure I can text my S/A or stop in at the local Tesla office but they all say to check the app and that the car is coming. I'm sure that they can say "Mr X your car is scheduled to be on the transport on the week of "XXX" and in your Tesla delivery location on or around "XXX"

Whether "XXX" is in 1 week or 26 weeks or 892 weeks they should be able to tell you. Any other manufacture can usually tell you within a week or 2 when a product will be ready.

Unless this is a stall game to them and it just looks good to investors to have "XXXX" orders on the books.

Reactions: Soosh
I got this reply from my SA today:
"At this time, our production teams are fulfilling orders based on when orders were received. It may be the case that previous orders were fulfilled depending on configuration (as higher trim models such as Performance vehicles are readily available earlier).

However, we are expecting parts supply having previously impacted older orders to normalize soon -- especially with Texas rolling out production as well."

I have heard from others that supply chain issues are easing up slightly. Hopefully this means we all have our cars sooner than later.

I got this reply from my SA today:
"At this time, our production teams are fulfilling orders based on when orders were received. It may be the case that previous orders were fulfilled depending on configuration (as higher trim models such as Performance vehicles are readily available earlier).

However, we are expecting parts supply having previously impacted older orders to normalize soon -- especially with Texas rolling out production as well."

I have heard from others that supply chain issues are easing up slightly. Hopefully this means we all have our cars sooner than later.
I'd be happier than a pig in mud if this SA were correct.

Reactions: Johnsson90
I just spoke with mine and he said..."nothing I can do till you get a vin"
"EDD is just an estimate and can and will change with market conditions"
"Tesla honours the order date...so someone who orders the car in September will get the car before someone who orders in October for the same configuration." I laughed at that one. Mentioned what I've read on here...he said "lots of misinformation or wrong on the different forums."

So basically the car will come when it gets here and not before.

Interesting. So no one from Vancouver BC has received a model 3 rwd based off orders placed from August on forward. Based of that list at least. Ive known of one person who lives near me who ordered first week of August and received one in early March. So I guess we are pretty much bottom of the totem pole when it comes to orders.
I'm on the Vancouver/Surrey list. Waiting since October.