Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was supposed to pick up my car today. But was informed 2 days back that car is delayed and now pickup is pushed out to next Wed. June 1st.. its not done until you are driving away 😒
Received my RWD White/ Black/ Aero/ no FSD car today, 238 days after ordering. Glad it is over and wishing everyone gets to that point soon.
Delivery was relatively smooth.. spent 50 mins inspecting the car thoroughly and found 2 minor issues - Front passenger door manual release was not working and driver window was grating while retracting. Service took about 45 mins to fix and we were good to go.
Got matrix lights and Michelin tires and Ryzen and all that jazz.. so we are quite 😃.

Received my RWD White/ Black/ Aero/ no FSD car today, 238 days after ordering. Glad it is over and wishing everyone gets to that point soon.
Delivery was relatively smooth.. spent 50 mins inspecting the car thoroughly and found 2 minor issues - Front passenger door manual release was not working and driver window was grating while retracting. Service took about 45 mins to fix and we were good to go.
Got matrix lights and Michelin tires and Ryzen and all that jazz.. so we are quite 😃.
Congratulations!! Enjoy the ride!

Congrats on the car! I ordered Oct. 3rd so I’m hoping for a change here soon

Anyone from South Florida has been able to schedule delivery date? I'm still EDD today +4.
I spoke to the Tesla support yesterday and they confirmed that they have started delivering vehicles at a good pace after retrofitting the charge port ECU. They are expecting all backlog to be cleared within a week to 10 days max.

Hold tight.....you aren't far from getting your car

Today marks 290 days. 10 more and I join the exclusive 300 club!
Contact your SA again.. see if there is anything he/she can do.. you never know what behind the scene levers are there to push.. your wait time makes their average delivery time metric higher.. hopefully they care about that even a little bit..

When i went to the delivery center yesterday there were lots of cars being delivered compared to the barren lot in early April when i was there last. But the SA acknowledged that RWD’s are very few and deliveries being LR, P and Y’s mostly.

Slow day at work so let's try to find some meaning in the EDD

Here is my history SR+ MSM/BLK/18 Northern Virginia (DC metro)

9/16 OD EDD Feb

... waiting meme ...

12/31 EDD 3/1-3/29 (4 weeks)
1/11 EDD 4/1-4/29 (4 week range) - EDD changed when previous EDD end date became less than 11 weeks
1/30 EDD 5/10-6/7 (4 week range) - EDD changed when previous EDD end date became less than 13 weeks
3/7 EDD 6/15-7/13 (4 week range) - EDD changed when previous EDD end date became less than 13 weeks
3/22 EDD 7/5-8/16 (6 week range) - EDD changed when previous EDD end date became less than 16 weeks
5/10 EDD 8/7-9/18 (6 week range) - EDD changed when previous EDD end date became less than 14 weeks

As shown above, there appears to be some check of the EDD when the EDD end date approaches X(weeks). Or it's completely random. Probably random.

Although it may be 8-10 months out, I am finally so happy to have a signature!

For those on TMC mobile who can't see signatures:
OD: 6/1/22, RWD, White / Black / 19"/ no FSD
Current EDD: Aug-Nov 2022 (default)
I ordered the same day as you and almost the same specs though I got Areo wheels. 24 hours into waiting I got the first of many EDD of Oct 22 - Dec 17

Delivery location - Mesa, AZ

Does anyone have an idea why very old (Aug 2021) orders remain unfilled? An unusual set of options running afoul of the need to build cars in batches? Waiting for enough vehicles to that destination to fill a car carrier semi? I haven't been waiting nearly as long as some - November 2021 - but I am certainly curious how it all works.
I cant say for sure but I did talk to an SA when i took my test drive and sometimes what happens is if someone backs out or rejects vin and the car is sitting at dealer they will call people that live in the area with same order and have them pick it up regardless or order date. probably alot cheaper to do this as those people would drive to pick it up instead of shipping to someone to has a later order date but is across the country

Contact your SA again.. see if there is anything he/she can do.. you never know what behind the scene levers are there to push.. your wait time makes their average delivery time metric higher.. hopefully they care about that even a little bit..

When i went to the delivery center yesterday there were lots of cars being delivered compared to the barren lot in early April when i was there last. But the SA acknowledged that RWD’s are very few and deliveries being LR, P and Y’s mostly.
I have, twice in the past two months. The second time was last week and I kind of got on them about transparency. A whole lot of words were spoken… it resulted in absolutely nothing.

I’m convinced Tesla simply really doesn’t build RWD models.

Reactions: amarchcan
I have, twice in the past two months. The second time was last week and I kind of got on them about transparency. A whole lot of words were spoken… it resulted in absolutely nothing.

I’m convinced Tesla simply really doesn’t build RWD models.
Could it be the LFP batteries delay from China ?

I had gone to Tesla Langley last week and this is what I was told was the “real” reason for the delays.

However the same guy also told me that “model 3 does not come with Matrix lights”

Reactions: Rezan8
Could it be the LFP batteries delay from China ?

I had gone to Tesla Langley last week and this is what I was told was the “real” reason for the delays.

However the same guy also told me that “model 3 does not come with Matrix lights”
My experiences of Tesla SA...It you ask three SA's the same question, you would get "five different, but, correct answers."

Today marks 290 days. 10 more and I join the exclusive 300 club!
I guess I am just a newbie at 208 days. At the time of order, I didn't want to wait for an Austin Model Y. I thought that I could get a M3 sooner. Choosing blue paint was supposed to improve delivery by about 3 months. I want LFP & 18's, so I have no choice but to wait until I win the Tesla lottery.

Reactions: RPYT and alset3000