Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Aberdeen, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An ability to supercharge between I-90 and the ferries across Puget Sound would at least open up the northern Olympic Peninsula. Since the Tesla Seattle Service Center is right at the I-90 terminus, its southern parking lot would be an obvious choice.

Not me-- but found on Facebook.

CvDlzCeXYAE1jl6.jpg

How long does it usually take to complete one? Trying to project when I would be able to do the road trip around Olympic Peninsular.

It is extremely variable, but I wouldn't expect this one to be done soon, as they will still need to pave the entire parking lot (it was just a vacant lot). The Supercharger installation looks nowhere near complete, and the power company still needs to install the transformer. We have no idea of the availability of labor or equipment, nor the priorities of Gray's Harbor PUD.

That said, the City wants this done and that may help.

My guess would be to give it at least a month.

Reactions: msgfromside3
An ability to supercharge between I-90 and the ferries across Puget Sound would at least open up the northern Olympic Peninsula. Since the Tesla Seattle Service Center is right at the I-90 terminus, its southern parking lot would be an obvious choice.

. . . except that the SC and all the other nearby tenants will be moving within the next 12-18 months if the site's preliminary redevelopment plans are carried through. That's exceptionally valuable property right now, and the project is pretty impressive. Here's a link 1001 6TH AVE S

Apparently the original plan was that the city would also pay for the electricity, but apparently that was dropped.

Tesla charging stations coming to Aberdeen - KXRO News Radio

It's interesting to note that, if you listen to the audio recording attached to that KXRO article, the agreement that the city has with Tesla will allow for other EV charging equipment (presumably CHAdeMO, CCS) to be located at this site as well. The addition of those other charging stations would be paid for by a $30K grant that the city is apparently trying to get (from unspecified grantor(s)).

• Informative
Reactions: BerTX
I was just there on Friday and spoke to the electrical workers. The chargers are all connected and testing is complete. The are now waiting for the parking lot cement to be poured. Then, it needs to setup for a week.
IMG_20161022_143237.jpg
Could be ready sooner than later!

If anyone is interested, the electrical contractors have their Aberdeen office directly across from the Aberdeen Home Depot.

The main lot is still compact gravel, but the sidewalk is done between the chargers and the road.

A week later and there's been a fair amount of progress. There has been some grading done on the lot, and crushed gravel spread on top of the leveling. In the Oct 29 Aberdeen Daily World, it was reported that the next step will be pouring the concrete and the station will be ready to go. All they are doing is waiting for a dry day to pour the concrete. It could be a long wait, as this month there was something like 16 inches of rain.

The individual chargers are covered in plastic.

I did check with the electrical installers, and they don't do residential installs. .