Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ballarat (Lucas)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should ask the other car manufacturers why they are not active in the DC fast charging space.
Tesla invented supercharging and long range battery cars when everyone was laughing their heads off.

Irrespective of when Tesla will open all of its SC to non Teslas, the other EV manufacturers should participate in the Dc fast charging space in order to accelerate generic Dc fast charging.
100%. I’m yet to see a BYD/MG/Polestar/KIA/Hyundai branded or supplied charger so I don’t understand why people complain that Tesla SC are not instantly available to everyone…

100%. I’m yet to see a BYD/MG/Polestar/KIA/Hyundai branded or supplied charger so I don’t understand why people complain that Tesla SC are not instantly available to everyone…
You might have a point if Tesla was just a car manufacturer.
But since they sell themselves as a clean energy company with higher goals, it's reasonable to hold them to a higher standard, isn't it?

You might have a point if Tesla was just a car manufacturer.
But since they sell themselves as a clean energy company with higher goals, it's reasonable to hold them to a higher standard, isn't it?
I think we should all try and hold ourselves to a higher standard, it’s a stepping stone to making the world a better place.
If the other car manufacturers step up and start to follow a similar path it can only make our lives better as EV owners ;)

Just because Tesla/x/spacex etc push really hard to bring these amazing technologies to us it’s not their sole responsibility to support competitors, and certainly unless where mandated by financial assistance by governments, opening up their assets to other car manufactures is a generous sign of goodwill to bring sustainable electric transport to more people and further the cause. They don’t have to, and if it was costing them money or people considered it as entitled, I wouldn’t be suprised it they turned it off :)
Just my opinion, if my business was mowing lawns I wouldn’t spend any time mowing my competitors clients lawns for them while they get paid for it.

I'm with Dronus on this. Everything I read about Tesla as a company makes me believe that whilst they surely exist to make a profit (like any business), they have a deep passion for what they do, and genuinely work hard to make the planet on which we live a better place to be.

I'd be hard pressed to say the same about nearly any other company on the planet that I am aware of. Coming from someone who also runs a business, and strives to achieve the same for our customers, their attitude refreshing, and extremely rare to see.

Not sure. I thought @meloccom had commented that no chargers should be pinned given the Supercharger Wiki, and we will hopefully in the future have lots under construction at one time.
I used To try and stick all Superchargers that look like they were soon to open and remove them when discussion tapered off. But with this one, discussion never tapered off. I’ve unstuck the thread.
Given the volume of Superchargers in progress I can’t list them all, but neither is there a ban. So if members want a Supercharger thread stuck or unstuck I’m happy to oblige.

I will be visiting this site this morning to check it out while i continue my journey back home to Adelaide, looking forward to visiting such a big site!
Aside from the Albury v4 site i havent seen one with more than 6 stalls haha.

I dont need to charge here (can make it to stawell/horsham) but with the fires out of Ballarat im just taking any precautions if i need to divert.

Speaking of which, if any locals see this, do you know if the roads to Adelaide look ok today (Sunday)? I havent heard anything to the contrary:)

My next stops are Horsham and Keith but i might stop in for a look at stawell if its not too busy :)

Reactions: Jules22
IMG_9359.jpeg
IMG_9358.jpeg
IMG_9357.jpeg
IMG_9356.jpeg
IMG_9355.jpeg

You'll be fine on the highway, the fires are heading further north now.
Can confirm, it was pretty smokey and there was speed restrictions around dadswell bridge as the fire people were still mopping up (i was doing the 60 but got overtaken by a couple of 4wds and a semi, they nearly took out a firetruck, idiots!!!) clearly flagged 60, wish police were there..

Reactions: Jules22