Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are you even talking about?

Your last 2 posts appear to indicate either confusion or a lack of context.

For help with context, start with post #832 and work your way forward.

If the reference in *that* post to a Golden Spike ceremony causes you even more confusion, you’ll have to either invest the time to read further back through a couple of months or hope that someone else summarizes why this thread still exists.

As an aside, it appears that you’ll have to fly overseas (or make the Acapulco run) soon as you’ve just about run out of superchargers on this continent.

Reactions: Electroman
Yeah, it's just so outrageous that someone would travel from California to Florida BY WAY OF NORTH DAKOTA before choosing the I-10 route year-round.

But by all means, go right ahead and find something else to be offended about.
Talk about being obtuse! I'm not offended - I find you hilarious!

Your ability to misrepresent facts, totally discount the needs / concerns / interests of others and bloviate the absurd is immensely entertaining! I suppose someone at some point has traveled from CA to FL via ND, but I'm pretty sure that route isn't the one most frequently chosen. Whoever said it was?

I'm sorry if you have to go a couple hours out of your way in Texas to supercharge all the way across country. You have to drive a whole extra 101 miles to charge in Midland because you don't want to slow down between Ozona and Van Horne. How terrible life is for you! Of course how workable this is depends on the specifics of the car you drive, but since you have the same base model as I - S90D, you're probably not really all that inconvenienced by such a minor detour.

Meanwhile, folks travelling from Seattle to Minneapolis have to divert through Albert Lea, MN because I-94 isn't complete, just 14 miles less of a diversion than is Midland. But who cares, right? Unlike you, they're not important.

Your ability to misrepresent facts, totally discount the needs / concerns / interests of others and bloviate the absurd is immensely entertaining! I suppose someone at some point has traveled from CA to FL via ND, but I'm pretty sure that route isn't the one most frequently chosen. Whoever said it was?

I'm sorry if you have to go a couple hours out of your way in Texas to supercharge all the way across country. You have to drive a whole extra 101 miles to charge in Midland because you don't want to slow down between Ozona and Van Horne. How terrible life is for you! Of course how workable this is depends on the specifics of the car you drive, but since you have the same base model as I - S90D, you're probably not really all that inconvenienced by such a minor detour.

Meanwhile, folks travelling from Seattle to Minneapolis have to divert through Albert Lea, MN because I-94 isn't complete, just 14 miles less of a diversion than is Midland. But who cares, right? Unlike you, they're not important.

You're rather missing the point here.

Fort Stockton, TX would have been expected to have been completed already, given that Tesla was trying to complete I-10 last year. They had a site agreed but for some reason it fell through. Fort Stockton, TX is late.

With _one_ Supercharger in Fort Stockton, TX, Tesla can cut 101 miles and make the journey along that stretch of I-10 much easier and faster even in cars with smaller batteries. _One_ Supercharger. There are also a couple of other locations that would be useful: San Antonio, TX area (a couple of locations are known) and Pecos, TX, but they would not make as big a difference.

I-94 needs at least _seven_ new Superchargers through a region of relatively low population and that's with approximate gaps of 100 miles. If they have any problems like they had with Fort Stockton, TX in just one location the route wouldn't be a route in all seasons. But if they want to make it a really good all-season route they'd actually want additional density of Superchargers so that people aren't forced to stop unnecessarily.

I don't think it's unreasonable to argue that an already-late single Supercharger that makes such a large difference should be resolved ahead of the much more complicated task of making a complete long chain of Superchargers.

I like the approach of finding some smaller business who will make it happen. Anyone been to the HPWC in Brenham motel? It’s maybe the most random location ever. So we need something like that. Next person through ft Stockton needs to do a few ludicrous launches to The CEO of Ft Stockton’s shoe repair and gunsmith, and get him addicted. We’ll be charging before we know it with new shoes and armed to the teeth.

Dude, you're all salty that we're elevating the importance of the Ft Stockton Supercharger in the Ft Stockton thread? There's this neat trick that you can do when you don't like the content of the Ft Stockton thread: hit Alt-F4. All your troubles just vanish.

Now that we're finished with all that I still want to know for certain that the new Fort Stockton location is the Hampton Inn. I called for Remie Ramos, who was not in. The very helpful other people on the phone did not know the location. FWIW. it sounds to me that the Fort Stockton Chamber of Commerce really wants us to begin visiting their city.

Your ability to misrepresent facts, totally discount the needs / concerns / interests of others and bloviate the absurd is immensely entertaining!
This was more or less my take as well, but I guess we are in the minority here!

The whole West Texas vs. North Dakota debate is completely absurd and was completely fabricated by Tao.

And I was out their looking for something to help with my "Fort Stockton" addiction withdrawal. Thanks for posting again.

On a brighter note, this June and July on our next cross country trip we are heading East up I-15 to I-70 through Denver and Kansas City, then south to visit family, then on to Key West, FL on the east coast of FL. On the return leg this year we will go up the west coast of FL heading north until we get to I-20 west. Sorry Ft Stockton, we will miss you this year. Now next year we expect to drive west on I-10 and use the new Supercharger at Fort Stockton. Maybe we can be there for the Golden Spike and Ribbon Cutting if it gets completed by July 4, 2019.

Here's to our Hope and Dream....

Reactions: avesraggiana
And I was out their looking for something to help with my "Fort Stockton" addiction withdrawal. Thanks for posting again.

On a brighter note, this June and July on our next cross country trip we are heading East up I-15 to I-70 through Denver and Kansas City, then south to visit family, then on to Key West, FL on the east coast of FL. On the return leg this year we will go up the west coast of FL heading north until we get to I-20 west. Sorry Ft Stockton, we will miss you this year. Now next year we expect to drive west on I-10 and use the new Supercharger at Fort Stockton. Maybe we can be there for the Golden Spike and Ribbon Cutting if it gets completed by July 4, 2019.

Here's to our Hope and Dream....

I love, love, love that drive on the 70, in either direction. That Eisenhower Pass at 11,100 above sea level is a wonder to behold. I'll never get over the thrill of driving through that.

Sharkbait: me too. S 100D delivered March 20. Sold the P85 with only 24000 local miles on it.

Still need to watch out for the winds out here, especially heading west. Anything south is very iffy. 14-50s are considered state-of-the-art.
Check PlugShare to verify. Tesla is frustratingly and consistently absent in this area.

I have been led to believe that the FS issue is due solely to Tesla missteps.
It was fun to speculate about the auto dealers, etc, but I think this one is squarely in Tesla's court.

Sharkbait: me too. S 100D delivered March 20. Sold the P85 with only 24000 local miles on it.

Still need to watch out for the winds out here, especially heading west. Anything south is very iffy. 14-50s are considered state-of-the-art.
Check PlugShare to verify. Tesla is frustratingly and consistently absent in this area.

I have been led to believe that the FS issue is due solely to Tesla missteps.
It was fun to speculate about the auto dealers, etc, but I think this one is squarely in Tesla's court.
Hey now, don't go pouring cold water on all the juicy conspiracy theories :cool::p:rolleyes: