Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Horsham (VIC)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How's this for out of the blue. A new V3 site at Horsham. Just around the corner from the V2. Thanks to Paul B on FB.

Consensus is that it's somewhere in this carpark: Horsham Plaza · 36 Darlot St, Horsham VIC 3400, Australia

1638772915161.png

Hopefully they keep the old temporary site around for a bit longer, as 5 stalls total is probably bare minimum for a major inter-capital route.

It looks like the old V2 site has been removed from the website map. Is anyone passing through able to confirm if the pallet is still physically there? Or if it's just been removed from the map?

I think this is a bit risky - the first time (in Australia) a non-CCS site has been removed without an alternative site for owners of non-CCS cars on the route? Might be some early Model S/X owners who get a surprise..

• Informative
Reactions: moa999
I wonder if there are still many road-tripping S/Xs that haven't got the upgrade.
You'd be surprised.. there was someone in the TOCA Official FB group recently who complained that he arrived at a V3 supercharger and was surprised he was unable to use it. Bear in mind this is a TOCA member, so therefore gets regular updates and newsletters (as well as notifications from Tesla themselves) in which the change had been well publicised.

Reactions: AussieOwner
Just got an email from Tesla saying I will need to get the CCS charging upgrade in order to use V3 chargers. I guess it was a blanket email for all S/X owners as I got the upgrade done some time ago.
Funnily enough I didn't get an email, but also have done the upgrade before.
BTW, anyone on the fence, the upgrade is worth it. Opens up all the other fast chargers, was really useful in Tasmania.

Looking at a Adel-Melb trip soon, and Horsham seems like the biggest concern with only 3 chargers. Cant believe they only did 3. Every ev must stop here (keith is more optional if you stop at tailem bend, and ballarat is optional too).
Yeah, when I saw they were only putting in 3, I assumed the old 2-stall V2 sled would be staying - not just for capacity but so that there was *something* that non-CCS upgraded Model S/Xs could use. Was quite a surprise to hear that it was removed.