Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Issaquah, WA (LIVE Oct 2018, 8 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah. Well Ellensburg charger are supposed to be 120, but I’ve been getting 33ish. I’m new to the Tesla family and don’t get the variation of rates at the superchargers

I don't want to get too far off tangent from the original purpose of this thread so I'll try to keep this short:

#1. Welcome to the Family!
#2. Rate of charge is heavily dependent on SOC (State of Charge) and battery temperature. There's a couple threads which sort of explains this if you search some of the threads here on TMC, but basically:
  • Charging speed tapers off greatly once you're getting close to a full charge on a Supercharger.
  • It's start of colder weather and if the battery isn't quite warmed up, it will charge slower.
Search around a bit on the forums here, there are several threads that will explain what you're seeing. — Enjoy your new Tesla!

Yeap finally!
20181019_151812_HDR~2.jpg

I don't want to get too far off tangent from the original purpose of this thread so I'll try to keep this short:

#1. Welcome to the Family!
#2. Rate of charge is heavily dependent on SOC (State of Charge) and battery temperature. There's a couple threads which sort of explains this if you search some of the threads here on TMC, but basically:
  • Charging speed tapers off greatly once you're getting close to a full charge on a Supercharger.
  • It's start of colder weather and if the battery isn't quite warmed up, it will charge slower.
Search around a bit on the forums here, there are several threads that will explain what you're seeing. — Enjoy your new Tesla!
Great info for sure.

I'll just add that if you're sharing a paired stall (1A, and 1B for instance) with someone that was there before you you will get lower charging rates as well until they hit the upper limits and start to taper. Always choose an unpaired stall if you can.

Also, Ellensburg has notoriously had a stall or 2 that have some issues with the power supply.

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX and Kermee
I don't think the novelty is going to fade guys. Based on following the openings of many superchargers in CA, any supercharger that is half full on day 1 (before the word even gets out to everyone) is doomed to be full with a line within a week or at least a month. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. Better to have this 8-stall supercharger than nothing, but don't plan on going there after work or on Fridays or Sundays and being able to plug right in. Go at off-hours if you need to use it regularly. The fact that there's basically no businesses open after 10pm here is problematic in that it encourages people to go at the busier times.

Also, many people in this area don't have charging at home so they will be using regularly. And with Starbucks, Ivars and a few fast food options, this will be an attractive location to stop and get a quick charge on a regular basis for people who live nearby.

I don't think the novelty is going to fade guys. Based on following the openings of many superchargers in CA, any supercharger that is half full on day 1 (before the word even gets out to everyone) is doomed to be full with a line within a week or at least a month. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. Better to have this 8-stall supercharger than nothing, but don't plan on going there after work or on Fridays or Sundays and being able to plug right in. Go at off-hours if you need to use it regularly. The fact that there's basically no businesses open after 10pm here is problematic in that it encourages people to go at the busier times.

Also, many people in this area don't have charging at home so they will be using regularly. And with Starbucks, Ivars and a few fast food options, this will be an attractive location to stop and get a quick charge on a regular basis for people who live nearby.

I believe that Fred Meyer closes at 11, at least according to Google