TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Warrnambool (VIC)

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Murbs, Sep 11, 2017.

1. MacRocket

MacRocket Faster than Falcon 9

Just went to have a look at Flagstaff Hill. No sign of anything (Supercharger or other charges).
    There isn’t even any sign of works being started.
    I haven’t managed to talk to council yet but will report back when I do.

• Like x 2
  2. wpapua

wpapua Member

Re the Warrnambool City Council's Destination Charger on the NW corner of Liebig & Lava Streets - tried it today, and it is now functioning, after at least 6 months following installation during the street upgrade ! Good news for travellers - now for the promised Supercharger at Flagstaff Hill / Maritime Village ? Let's suggest we not hold our breath !

• Love x 1
  3. MacRocket

Thanks Wpapua,
    I’ll have to pop down and give it a try.

4. MacRocket

Spoke to Ben Story at WCC. He has been council’s liaison person dealing with Tesla regarding the Warrnambool Supercharger to be installed at Flagstaff Hill.
    Council have agreed on this location but there has been a change of staff at Tesla and the new Man is not yet up to speed with things according to Ben. There is a bit of work to happen with power for this site but Ben doesn’t know if Tesla have applied to Powercor yet.
    Council are also being approached by other operators of charging systems. Wonder who that would be?
    Anyway it seems Tesla need to be hurried up. Would it be worth contacting them? Don’t want to lose our prime spot.

5. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

My guess would be Fast Cities Australia. Maybe Chargefox.

6. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Tesla have surprised us again with an end-of-year burst!

upload_2018-12-21_12-44-47.png

Note that this is a 2-stall so probably a sled, and they are probably still planning a permanent site at the previously speculcated location (Flagstaff Hill)

upload_2018-12-21_12-47-32.png

• Like x 3
  7. MacRocket

#47 MacRocket, Dec 21, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2018
    54C3E333-DB40-40A1-9590-017405260811.jpeg 5C7EC974-7832-4AB3-AF4E-982244785C78.jpeg 54C3E333-DB40-40A1-9590-017405260811.jpeg
    Yes at last, it’s a sled and it’s located at the Flying Hourse Inn Warrnambool just on the way into town.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 2
  8. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Awesome! @MacRocket are you OK if I share that pic on Facebook?

9. wpapua

wpapua Member

image.jpeg One ICE'd & the other not operating at lunchtime today, Saturday. Staff within the Flying Horse unsure when it will be commissioned ! I reiterate, don't hold your breath.........

• Disagree x 1
  10. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Yikes! To be fair it doesn’t look like there is any signage. I doubt an ICE driver in Warrnambool would have run into those weird red and white things before.

11. Jays200

Jays200 Member

#51 Jays200, Dec 22, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    So there's still hope for Perth then.

Hey Harald, wanna do a quick trip over and put it on my trailer? ;)

12. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

13. Jays200

Jays200 Member

Always enjoy the irony and juxtaposition of a dinosaur juice outlet in the background of a supercharger location.

Lucky Warrnambool

14. brewster

brewster Member

#54 brewster, Dec 27, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2018
    WarnySuper.jpg Be wary when parking as there are no wheel stoppers at present.

15. MacRocket

No problems

16. MacRocket

A88137BE-076A-41EE-AEEF-433283918FE9.jpeg B0A4704A-C237-45F8-9C3D-DBF5E49E1B7B.jpeg
    Warrnambool Supercharger supplying moderate charging level at 73% state of charge. Seems a little bit of ICE education is required.

17. Murbs

Murbs Member

It'd be cool to tow a SuperCharger sled all the way across the Nullarbor to Perth - especially if I could plug it in along the way :p

• Funny x 1
  18. MacRocket

D18DFB20-5A14-4343-B61C-C145009DAF84.jpeg
    Warrnambool Supercharger sure does have some power. Charging at 117kw now. Not bad.

• Like x 2
  19. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

All EV car parks should be painted red or green like disabled car parks are blue, I truly think some people are oblivious to where they are parking.....Camry driver afterall.

• Like x 1
  20. Oz Will

Oz Will Member

Hi WPapua, We saw you in Koroit yesterday (having towed 6 bikes to Warrnambool behind the X and got here a few days ago), we rode the rail trail and we're enjoying a coffee on the main street. Warrnambool and region is now so well set up with the council spaces (have used them three times already as better for the battery than the supercharger), plus a range of destination chargers and the supercharger for long trips. The only issue is those of us with trailers have to unhitch - such a shame the council didn't put the charging posts in the middle of the two bays (esp the northern one), rather than right at the rear.