Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The other observation (which has been shared by many network operators) is that DC fast charging aligns almost perfectly aligns with solar generation output. Makes sense, as many people avoid making long trips at night if they can help it. Over the last week, the *average* percentage of renewable generation on the NEM was about 30%, but most days the middle of the day was closer to 50%.

Over the last week, the *average* percentage of renewable generation on the NEM was about 30%, but most days the middle of the day was closer to 50%.

It was even 51% at 11:30 today in NSW, according to the Amber App 😲. There was a weird extremely bright thing in the sky at times today, and some of the sky actually looked blue not grey. Hold the phone!

The other observation (which has been shared by many network operators) is that DC fast charging aligns almost perfectly aligns with solar generation output. Makes sense, as many people avoid making long trips at night if they can help it.
Also road trips tend to occur on days when industrial power consumption is far lower than usual. Sure, your mega consumers run 24x7 but many of the mid tier consumers have most or all of their workers on holiday.

Former Supercharger lead doesn’t seem to be as bitter as some people.

1715596776785.jpeg

Nobody would write anything other than that in a public forum when they are gunning for another job later.
I don't know, the Tesla Charging team in Canada weren't as graceful as the Australian team :p

“What the @#$% just happened?” wrote Steven Hitchinson, the former head of the regional charging team in Canada.
“If you’re trying to apply logic or rationality to understand why Tesla’s entire charging team was vaporised, don’t waste your time. There is none. It is very difficult for the individuals who poured their hearts and souls into arguably Tesla’s most successful program.
“To all the site hosts, vendors, utilities, municipalities, contactors, and everyone else in Canada who is left confused and without any continuity, I’m sorry. Please know this is not in any way a reflection of the Canadian Charging team and we appreciate your support and the relationships that have been built over the years.”

Yeah, posted this a few days ago, was also part of the speculation if the director and other senior leaders were unwilling/unable to make the necessary changes that they decided to clean slate, get someone in to evaluate who they want back, etc and then rebuild. Not that unusual in tech companies.
And I looked outside to be pleasantly suprised that the sky hasn’t fallen (yet) :)

Yeah, posted this a few days ago, was also part of the speculation if the director and other senior leaders were unwilling/unable to make the necessary changes that they decided to clean slate, get someone in to evaluate who they want back, etc and then rebuild. Not that unusual in tech companies.

Could have done that by sending those employees home for 2 weeks and re-evaluating in a considered manor. Now the HR department has a massive task to filter through the legal and logistical *sugar* storm of re-hiring and finding out who will be so bitter they don't want to come back. Well done Musk, we again need to praise to level headed genius.

Former Supercharger lead doesn’t seem to be as bitter as some people.

That’s because most senior executives are smart enough to know that bitterness is a quite unattractive quality in a future employee, and a future employer would rightly question the judgment and wisdom of someone who publicly vented under their own name.

Also the internet has a very, very long memory.

I have had plenty of thoughts about former employers and bosses that I could have shared. Sometimes the temptation is high. But you know what? I never have, except to my spouse.

And, in other news this morning, some of the team are to be re-hired: Tesla walks back Supercharger team layoffs, rehires executive

More proof, if it was ever needed, that the original decision was an impulsive and emotional one by Elon. Act first, think of the consequences later. That’s not the kind of CEO I have respect for, because it leads to poor business decisions, loss of organisational trust, and brand damage that is difficult to reverse. This is entirely consistent with the evidence: there was no official Tesla statement on the day, no media Q&A issued, no transition/continuity plan communicated or put into effect, suppliers were immediately cut-off without anyone in Tesla to talk to.

None of that would have been the case had this decision been properly planned and executed in a responsible manner.

It’s also really expensive to hire people back in after firing them (even if they want to come back… many smart and high-performing ones won’t) because hiring takes time and costs money, which is another reason why it’s dumb to sack first and rehire later, rather than go through a robust process prior to work out who you need to retain and who you get rid of.

Elon possibly didn’t even warn the Board he was going to do it, we’ll probably never know.