Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers - West Des Moines, IA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kieth..how do you know that? Inside info..I hope? I've been waiting a long time for a way to get out of Nebraska to Colorado..efficiently.
No, my old Tesla contact no longer works there. But the way I I am guesstimating that is from reading I believe it was the Lincoln forum. It talks about when Tesla did the municipal meetings they also showed the rest of the super Chargers and where they were to be located across the state. I believe there were five of them in total going off memory. The fact that they're blasting three of them out in Iowa simultaneously makes me think they will do the same thing in Nebraska. But no idea of when they might start. The fact that they have the cities narrow down and let it go in public makes me think that wouldn't be too long.

image.png
Hello everyone, I stopped into Des Moines from MPLS Friday. It appears as not much happened last week. I think somebody should be watering the freshly laid grass.

I cant wait. I wont feel like I'm on an island anymore with my tesla. (at least when going east). Hopefully before the end of the year, heading west is an option too. I want to get rid of my winter car, kids have been eyeing it.

Given Elon's internal email plea to put priority on "deliver cars" and "cut costs" until the end of the quarter, I wonder if Superchargers management has sent their departments on vacation... maybe nothing "Tesla" will be getting done on Superchargers until October. Thus the West Des Moines, Coralville & Davenport Superchargers (plus others waiting for Tesla intervention) may just sit there for a while.

Given Elon's internal email plea to put priority on "deliver cars" and "cut costs" until the end of the quarter, I wonder if Superchargers management has sent their departments on vacation... maybe nothing "Tesla" will be getting done on Superchargers until October. Thus the West Des Moines, Coralville & Davenport Superchargers (plus others waiting for Tesla intervention) may just sit there for a while.
Transformers and metres are not under Tesla's control. The utility supplies them, and Tesla just has to wait until the utility delivers.

I'm guessing this is partially right. If the transformer and meter are set to be in place on the 12th here in Des Moines, I'm guessing Tesla will wait to send the team to do the final testing on all 3 at the same time. Just makes sense. Still kinda sucks though, as we're obviously all chomping at the bit! lol

I'm guessing this is partially right. If the transformer and meter are set to be in place on the 12th here in Des Moines, I'm guessing Tesla will wait to send the team to do the final testing on all 3 at the same time. Just makes sense. Still kinda sucks though, as we're obviously all chomping at the bit! lol
Right. I will be using it in November.

You know, if you look at I80 all the way across the US, there are some real gaps. Look an Pennsylvania. Dead from Toledo to Tannersville. What's going on with I80? Then dead again from Cheyenne to Salt Lake City! I'm not even going to mention the gap in Nebraska since there is SOME rumbling. Why are they avoiding that corridor?

There is actually one in Macedonia Ohio just off of 80 south of Cleveland but yes they need two in Pa to make it to Tannersville. Once they turn on the 3 in Iowa then they just to build out Nebraska and Wyomnig, Then I-80 will be complete. so I estimate 6 or 7 more should do it. I need Coralville soon...Tesla please turn it on this month!

On a positive note, The Hy-Vee store next to the SpC has a fabulous restaurant-like thingy -- pizza & pasta, oriental buffet, salad bar, deli, and a sit-down where you can get drinks, pay for your food, and watch a little football. The pizza was very nice.
20160915_144910a.jpg
20160915_144854a.jpg
20160915_144926a.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: GSP