Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my stealth grey model 3 this morning. Saw a quicksilver model Y parked near by guess waiting for new plate. The guy who serves me said it’s the first quicksilver in WA

IMG_5937.jpeg

@Sturty looking over the dates and eta of Dugong it's not making sense to me.

Right now Leo is scheduled to arrive in Freo on June 26th and its leaving from Singapore
Dugong is scheduled to leave Thailand on the 17th June and arrive in Freo on the 27th according to Mol Ace but Thailand is further away than Singapore.

Either the Freo arrival date for Dugong will blow out by a decent chunk or our cars are on Leo.

You have done this more that me, what's your thoughts?

I don’t profess to be a subject matter expert in shipping, I know bits and pieces from my granddad..

BUT

I would attribute it to port congestion. No point rushing here, the Fremantle port schedule is hectic. Possible anchor time off the coast? Possible weather avoidance? Differences in vessel sizes?

Blowout is largely inevitable but I do know it takes around two weeks naturally, Dugong is just going more direct

I don’t profess to be a subject matter expert in shipping, I know bits and pieces from my granddad..

BUT

I would attribute it to port congestion. No point rushing here, the Fremantle port schedule is hectic. Possible anchor time off the coast? Possible weather avoidance? Differences in vessel sizes?

Blowout is largely inevitable but I do know it takes around two weeks naturally, Dugong is just going more direct
Haha, u have way more experience than me ;-) Hmm, I didn't consider congestion at Freo so that makes sense. 👍

I live around 5 minutes from the osborne park delivery centre and just pulled in to have a look as I was passing through , looked pretty quite and I could only see ~20 MY without plates parked outside , what was strange is that the big yard/carpark area they used to store Teslas has been taken over by a LOT of MGs!! Maybe this is what's causing delivery delays? Trucked Freo to the airport and then on to delivery centre when the space is available