Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unlike all new cars I’ve bought where the compliance plate is fitted on arrival in Oz, Tesla fit compliance plate at factory so build and compliance are same date.

(This is what Tesla told me when I nearly bought an S and asked them how the build and compliance dates for the in stock car I was looking at were identical)

Last edited:
I bought a Samsung T5 1 TB SSD. Split it into two partitions (one for music, one for videos).

I got the 250GB version. Anything more seemed like overkill. Even the 250GB felt a bit questionable, but went with it on the basis that "Tesla will probably roll out some new functionality that'll need some extra space on this thing".

Also decided to split music and dashcam across separate devices (and ports). Have a 128GB microSD card for music and a little microSD -> USB adapter for it (even lossless doesn't require much in terms of device speed). And also a pair of USB hubs, since between the SD card and the disk I'd be using both USB ports. The hubs have a blue LED strip down the center of them, so I'll mount one on each side of the console area and hopefully get a nice lighted-interior effect. :)

neither Windows nor macOS make it particularly straightforward, unfortunately.

On Windows at least it's no more difficult than downloading and running a program.

Lmgtfy

Unlike all new cars I’ve bought where the compliance plate is fitted on arrival in Oz, Tesla fit compliance plate at factory so build and compliance are same date.

(This is what Tesla told me when I nearly bought an S and asked them how the build and compliance dates for the in stock car I was looking at were identical)

This should mean the dock-to-dealer process is much faster than traditional hopefully.

We wants it. We needs it. Must have the precious. They stole it from us. Sneaky little Teslas. Wicked. Tricksy. False.

I have been going with

Impatience is the mind-killer. Impatience is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my Impatience. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the Impatience has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain”

I have been going with

Impatience is the mind-killer. Impatience is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my Impatience. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the Impatience has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain”
... with my M3SR+

Otherwise it would be pointless?