Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How much of an impact do you think this has on people that already have booked delivery dates for the last week of September?

It’s going to be hard to deliver anything on Melina in September to get through Autonexus processing. ANL Warrnambool will be very tough too. Not all Cap Capricorn has been processed yet - 3 weeks later (12v battery the likely cause). Its backing everything up for the car transporters too.

I think we are going to see some dates move to October from ANL Warrnambool and certainly a big number in October for Melina. I can’t tell the vin ranges apart either. They were close at loading in Oakland and in the same possible vin ranges.

• Informative
Reactions: 1st in Line
That’s a new range. It will now depend on build date for you - you won’t get that until the invoice. It was either - on Brotonne Bridge arrived Sydney August 30, and it is going through logistics, or if the build date ends up being July 31, it will be ANL Warrnambool, arriving Sydney this Sunday night.

I’ve added the range to the tracker
Hoping this info may help:
I sent a friendly email to Tesla on 25 August saying I was disappointed that early reservation holders were being put behind non reservation purchasers.
Anyway I received a reply today (12 days later).
“I can see that a VIN has been allocated to your order, therefore, we are looking to schedule your delivery in Mid-October. We will be in touch closer to confirm.”
They also apologised for the late response.
Red SR+
April 1 2016 reservation
Hidden vin 4622XX
Cheers John

Reactions: CAM3RON
Hoping this info may help:
I sent a friendly email to Tesla on 25 August saying I was disappointed that early reservation holders were being put behind non reservation purchasers.
Anyway I received a reply today (12 days later).
“I can see that a VIN has been allocated to your order, therefore, we are looking to schedule your delivery in Mid-October. We will be in touch closer to confirm.”
They also apologised for the late response.
Red SR+
April 1 2016 reservation
Hidden vin 4622XX
Cheers John

It is sounding like Tesla are being slightly more open providing any form of estimate. Your car is almost certainly not Brotonne - ANL Warrnambool or Melina with a 4 week time wait and then through logistics makes some sense. It will interesting if they bring your date forward. Your invoice build date will prove which ship.

Last edited:
I know some have been updated to dual-cable, but is there any resource that will update locations of CCS2-capable superchargers? New Model 3 owners are being let loose on the roads with few compatible superchargers and a single-phase-only UMC, just quietly...
If you have a couple of hours to go back in pages, you'll find the link to a google doc with the CCS2 converted chargers.

Decided to stake out the Adelaide AutoNexus depot today. Got a good look, and while I cannot claim to be able to see every car in the yard, there was no sight of any Model 3’s. I wonder if they’re currently at the Tonsley Bat Cave, awaiting their new 12V battery?

Anyway, delivery still scheduled for September 19. Still no sign of invoice in my online account, just the one emailed to me. Locked in Commonwralth Bank insurance on Performance (about $1,000, $1,500 excess) - pretty happy with that.

Just went by the St Leonards Tesla supercharger/showroom and found 5 brand new Model 3's almost ready for delivery. 2 White, 2 Black and 1 blue. There was 2 P+ that were ready to go with licence plates and where being charged, the others were less ready. Four of them were in the parking lot so I could see the VIN numbers. SO if you have any of the following allocated to you, then you can go and visit it over the weekend.
5YJ3F7EB4KF409668
5YJ3F7EB1KF409675
5YJ3F7EA8KF442745
5YJ3F7EA9KF449039

Attachments

• IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0080.jpg
    IMG_0080.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 44