Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delay on ANL Warrnambool arrival. The Sydney ship arrival has been pushed back from Sunday to Thursday 12pm according to the Port (AIS says 1pm Thursday) #model3au

Merkur Ocean is due Sydney 13th - very close together. Tough for logistics.

7CEC18CD-C10F-424A-9F6A-5AFCC0359FED.jpeg

Last edited:
Delay on ANL Warrnambool arrival. The Sydney ship arrival has been pushed back from Sunday to Thursday 12pm according to the Port (AIS says 1pm Thursday) #model3au

View attachment 451557

I think that blows any chance of the P3- cars on that ship being delivered in September. So much for August delivery.

That will be two months of higher interest I've missed out on on my car $$. Have to pull it out on the 1st of month to be available later in month .. which I did on 1st August. :(

Merkur Ocean is due Sydney 13th - very close together. Tough for logistics.

View attachment 451557

Hi Veda

I noticed this a few days ago, but a few weeks back I had taken an expected arrival time from the Port Botany website and it said 6th September arrival for the Warrnambool and then you pointed out that the shipping line showed it arriving on the 8th which was more likely. I was about to ask you about this change, when I saw your above post.

With the ship arriving only on the 12th, that really puts the pressure on the poor Tesla delivery team to get them all out by 30th September. Actually, I now doubt that it is realistic to expect all cars from the Warrnambool to get delivered by 30th September. They might manage most, but I expect some irate posts towards late September/early October from a few unfortunate individuals.

The only good news in all of this is that I was never going to go out to Port Botany at 2:00am on Sunday morning. 12:00pm or 1:00pm on Thursday is more doable. I do believe that VIN 4882XXs and 3P- will be on this ship, so... photos I would like...

Maybe I try to go to the Kurnell side, as you would be able to see the ship arrive from further away - hence more exiting than watching from La Perouse, where it sort of creeps up on you...

Congrats to PJF000 - "8000" bragging rights are yours!!!

Hi Veda

I noticed this a few days ago, but a few weeks back I had taken an expected arrival time from the Port Botany website and it said 6th September arrival for the Warrnambool and then you pointed out that the shipping line showed it arriving on the 8th which was more likely. I was about to ask you about this change, when I saw your above post.

With the ship arriving only on the 12th, that really puts the pressure on the poor Tesla delivery team to get them all out by 30th September. Actually, I now doubt that it is realistic to expect all cars from the Warrnambool to get delivered by 30th September. They might manage most, but I expect some irate posts towards late September/early October from a few unfortunate individuals.

The only good news in all of this is that I was never going to go out to Port Botany at 2:00am on Sunday morning. 12:00pm or 1:00pm on Thursday is more doable. I do believe that VIN 4882XXs and 3P- will be on this ship, so... photos I would like...

Maybe I try to go to the Kurnell side, as you would be able to see the ship arrive from further away - hence more exiting than watching from La Perouse, where it sort of creeps up on you...

Congrats to PJF000 - "8000" bragging rights are yours!!!

I can explain the original delay. The ship was moored at Long Beach for longer than the first schedule by over a day. Just nobody updated the ports schedule to account for this down the line.

This latest delay is a mystery. Weather, Ship issue, or Port issue. Take your pick. AIS estimate was fine when it left Auckland.
I agree. There will be a downstream effect of this delay. It some ways it helps Autonexus clear what they have. But then they get clobbered with 2 ships in quick succession.

• Informative
Reactions: 1st in Line
I can explain the original delay. The ship was moored at Long Beach for longer than the first schedule by over a day. Just nobody updated the ports schedule to account for this down the line.

This latest delay is a mystery. Weather, Ship issue, or Port issue. Take your pick. AIS estimate was fine when it left Auckland.
I agree. There will be a downstream effect of this delay. It some ways it helps Autonexus clear what they have. But then they get clobbered with 2 ships in quick succession.

How much of an impact do you think this has on people that already have booked delivery dates for the last week of September?

Yeah wife and I have been careful not to mention anything to anyone also. We'll just show up in it one day. I feel a bit weird about people seeing that we've spent so much on a car... So we get our furniture from hard rubbish and eat tinned beans a few nights a week, well, we just have different priorities; but they'll think we're loaded, even though this has been years in the saving.
I feel you. We are in exactly the same position. Very low key and happy with living anonymously. I did mention to the better half that this will change when we have a M3 parked in the street..I know I don’t have to take people’s perceptions into account, but I am just a flawed human being and can’t not worry what this does to street gossip :)

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Very nice. I also test drove the Performance model. Haven’t driven S or X.
The regen is pretty natural for the driver, but my wife found it disconcerting as a passenger with the car slowing as soon as I took my foot off the accelerator and then putting my foot back on the accelerator with the acceleration.
As a driver I knew what the car was doing so had no issue with it. Changing the regen option fixed that.

Did I like it? Yes. I put my order to in for one.
Nice.
After a while you will get used to taking foot off slowly, basically treating foot-off with as much respect as foot-on.

I feel you. We are in exactly the same position. Very low key and happy with living anonymously. I did mention to the better half that this will change when we have a M3 parked in the street..I know I don’t have to take people’s perceptions into account, but I am just a flawed human being and can’t not worry what this does to street gossip :)
Depends on what suburb you're in. Melbourne's eastern suburbs should be accustomed to the sight of a Tesla. Can't say the same about the West. I'm in Essendon and I usually see the same two Model X every day on Buckley street. Sometimes the odd P100D silver X as well.

Maybe this could help everyone who feels bad about the neighbours...

TM3-Civic-Rear.png

Picked up my RWD yesterday from Alexandria (a week ahead of schedule). Absolutely stoked and happy. Still getting used to how the car responses - so different from my diesel sedan. I've been waiting for over 3 years for this (I was like number 40 something to reserve the place in the queue). Unfortunately, my kids grew up while I was waiting and no longer appreciate the feature.
IMG_2700.jpg