Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, I'm not on facebook. Could anyone clarify this? Was this just a blast text, or does it mean anything like the last one? I know with the last one they got into a little bit of heat because it said "we will call today" and they didn't get around to everyone so could this just be saying we will call, but lowering expectations?
Hi. I asked on facebook and got many responses. It appears to be a very widespread text that was received at 2.04pm by many people in NSW, some in QLD and even people in Tasmania. There appears to be no pattern so it looks like it's just a text perhaps to get people to stop calling/emailing them so much. In my opinion the wording "will be in contact to schedule your delivery as soon as possible" has the potential to lead to an increased number of calls/emails given ASAP means different things to different people.

Got the same Tesla txt today, few hours later
got the call from Tesla scheduled delivery for 27 Sept 12pm (WOO!)
in my excitement I forgot to ask about homelink dam it
Supposed to receive invoice in a few days
Account updated with Appointment scheduled

recap
No reservation
Ordered P+ with FSD 03/06/19 black interior
Website touted delivery August....
Found hidden VIN 05/09/19 4618XX
Found VIN in carjam 05/09/19
Tesla called 10/09/18 delivery scheduled 27/09/18 Auckland

No sign of it in
SoftPlus Web Portal
requires last 6 digits of VIN, did find some others there

Last edited:
No key fobs offered here?
Key Fobs are more likely classified as a spare part rather than an accessory.
I bought an additional UMC bag for my adapters last year and they spent a while trying to find it under accessories until someone suggested looking for it under spare parts, found it almost immediately and even had one in stock.
So ask them to search for a fob under spare parts and they may have more luck in finding it.

Finally got my hidden VIN assigned today:

5YJ3F7EA4KF4986XX

Red SR+, Ordered 13/7, No Reservation

Hard to tell from Veda's tracking sheet but I assume this is ANL Warrnambool. Would be nice as the car will be registered in my wife's name and she's from Warrnambool.;)

Just to reply about and 4986xx and 4987xx. 4986xx is new. It is a range which would indicate Melina. 4987xx has had evidence (an invoice) its production was brought forward and could be on ANL Warrnambool or Merkur Ocean (likeliest). So 4986xx might be the same and be early too. Once you have the invoice let me know build date and I will assign it correctly based on evidence. For now 4986xx goes into the Melina column.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
Got the call today.
Delivery appointment for collection in Auckland on the 27th September.

SR+ in White. Reserved 23/10/2018 , Ordered 09/06/2019.
Hidden VIN showed up about a week ago and is 4987XX. @Vedaprime most likely this range is on the Merkur? I will let you know when I get my invoice in the next few days.

Thanks. The build date hopefully will confirm Merkur. Merkur left Auckland this morning.